Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Very gritty.
    He's like a mix of Paul Pope, I cannot wait!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm not a fan of wanting to kill the Bruce Wayne "persona" but otherwise this was a solid mystery that had a great noir feel to it that I really enjoyed.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Mighty Member

I enjoyed this book. The character designs were cartoonier than I was expecting, but it worked for the story it was telling. Crytoon seems like a decent villain and I like the retro cartoon gimmick, but they could've chosen a better name for him. I really liked the fight between him and Batman by the projector.

Batman's cowl reminded me a lot of the one in Beware the Batman, but with shorter ears and connected to a bulkier, detailed armor. Interested in the idea of a "blind" Batmobile.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Extraordinary Member

Batman: Gargoyle of Gotham #2 Preview / Noir Edition Preview
    Writer: Rafael Grampá
    Artist: Rafael Grampá

There are alot of spinning plates in the air but it's coming together. It's a decent midpoint and it's an interesting take on Batman's early days. I guess this take could be classified as Batman is the real ID.

It's ideal for fans of the 2022 film.

I really enjoyed the twist on who the villain is and his ties to Batman, I'm honestly surprised this is the first time we've seen this.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I really enjoyed the twist on who the villain is and his ties to Batman, I'm honestly surprised this is the first time we've seen this.
    I feel like this is the first Batman work in years that is actually trying to do something new instead of just spinning same wheels again and again. Good example for people who claim that you can't really tell any new stories with Batman or Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I feel like this is the first Batman work in years that is actually trying to do something new instead of just spinning same wheels again and again. Good example for people who claim that you can't really tell any new stories with Batman or Superman.
    Yeah, it's certainly trying some new things and while I'm still not fond of the idea of trying to banish Bruce Wayne the rest is really solid.

The newest villain is called Little Joker. https://www.cbr.com/batman-gargoyle-...ew-villain-dc/

This is the first Batman story in a while I have really found myself enjoying. It is a shame it is not really being talked about more.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by JT221 View Post
    This is the first Batman story in a while I have really found myself enjoying. It is a shame it is not really being talked about more.
    Its a solid AU but it comes out too infrequently and you aren't hurting for Batman AUs. So it fizzled out along the way.

Its a decent comic tho and ideal for fans of the 2022 film.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-18-2024 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake spotted