Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Recall that 2k3 was primarily basing itself on the original comics while 2012 used the '80s cartoon as its main source material. Suppose it's what you want or which material you think did it better (I think that Splinter being Hamato Yoshi worked way better than him just being the guy's pet rat; way more personal drama with him and Shredder). 2012 did skew more humorous, but I think that contrasted better when it did get dark (and it went to some pretty dark places). Also personally thought that 2012 did a better job of making Shredder more intimidating (compare the "first fight" scene of each show) and his vendetta against them being personal due to shared history vs. them just getting in the way of his plans worked better. Something about 2k3 just rang a little flat to me.

Course, I only saw some of the episodes, so maybe seeing the whole thing through would give more perspective.
    2K12 basically just combined the 80's cartoon and 2K3 together into one show, for better or worse (depending on who you ask). I wouldn't say it was an unfunny show, though it never got as goofy or comedic as 2K12 until the later seasons.

Although I'm not sure if I'd say Shredder was less intimidating (there's a reason his catchphrase was "none of you will leave here alive" was so iconic). Also just his character design was great, though that was also my first introduction to the Shredder so I'm probably biased .

The DVD set is now up for Pre-Order on Amazon!
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C8PQQ8G8...f_=as_li_ss_tl
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although I'm not sure if I'd say Shredder was less intimidating (there's a reason his catchphrase was "none of you will leave here alive" was so iconic). Also just his character design was great, though that was also my first introduction to the Shredder so I'm probably biased .
    I haven't watched all of the 2012 series, but I would think if "none of you will leave here alive" is his catchphrase and frequently everyone leaves there alive, I think that's less threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I haven't watched all of the 2012 series, but I would think if "none of you will leave here alive" is his catchphrase and frequently everyone leaves there alive, I think that's less threatening.
    They did actually make a joke like this, but he came really close on two occasions had there not been outside intervention.

Just in case anyone still wants this set, it is back in stock at Deep Discount (that’s where I got my copy). They are currently offering a 15% off coupon code (enter “LEAVES” during checkout) and you save 15% (plus get Free Shipping). If you join Rakuten first and use the Deep Discount link through them, you earn 3% cash back! This is the best deal to get this set on DVD!

Join Rakuten first and get 3% cash back after you sign in a search “Deep Discount” to shop from their link.
    www.rakuten.com/r/TOOLDB?eeid=28187

And then after you click that, the TMNT DVD set can be found here! Just enter the code “LEAVES” at checkout and get an additional 15% off plus free shipping!
    https://www.deepdiscount.com/teenage...n/810134941243
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm waiting on the Black Friday (week-ish long) sales events. Hoping for an even better price then.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime