View Poll Results: Six-One-Six or Six-Sixteen

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Six-One-Six

51 79.69%
  • Six-Sixteen

13 20.31%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Until right now when I saw this thread it never occured to me that anyone would say six-sixteen.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Six one six.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Seiscientos dieciséis

But seriously, I think I'd say six one six if I was to say it in english
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I've always said(or thought, really) six-one-six, because that sounds more sci-fi, and the concept of dimensions is very sci-fi.

Do people who separate the numbers always do that with addresses? Because I don't. Sometimes, but not when it makes more sense not to.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

This reminds me of a question that was asked back when 2001 came out about how people would actually say "2001". Would it be "two thousand (and) one" or "twenty oh one"?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Six One Six.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

I say six-one-six. Actually, I say 'the' 616.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Until right now when I saw this thread it never occured to me that anyone would say six-sixteen.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Do people who separate the numbers always do that with addresses? Because I don't. Sometimes, but not when it makes more sense not to.
    I talk about the earth designations like they're phone book area codes, I guess? I say "five five five" instead of "five hundred fifty five" or "fifty five five" or whatever. "Nine nine." "Three one three" I'd say the Ultimate universe (1610 right?) as "sixteen ten." But if I were doing math or something it'd be five hundred fifty five, ninety nine, etc. I guess it's different in my head when it's a location.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Say it any way you want as long as its grammatically correct, I specifically say Earth-616 considering that the Marvel Universe is actually a Multiverse composed of an infinite number of realities. Now, how would one pronounce Earth-001?

Last edited by Micabe; 06-20-2023 at 01:54 PM.

I say “Eight” because it’s more accurate post Secret Wars
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Six One Six. I have always said it that way.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    With me, it varies. Addresses, financials, zip codes, phone number (area codes), whatever, it changes. For clarity's sake, I usually find myself saying the individual numbers in a string, because saying six hundred sixteen has more syllables than 6-1-6 and you'd be surprised how many people get confused when you say the full cardinal number; even more so, if we were talking decimals.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 06-22-2023 at 04:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I say “Eight” because it’s more accurate post Secret Wars
    Thats only for labeling the 8th cosmos.

Quote Originally Posted by JT221 View Post
    Six hundred sixteen.
    Same. But then everyone i've overheard go six one six or six sixteen. I'm still trying to figure out where the dashes are though but i go with both. I mean technically commas would work to but i don't think they want it to feel like 5 seconds before you get to the last 6.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-22-2023 at 03:56 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Thats only for labeling the 8th cosmos.
    Oh. Ok. Then I say “Six Sixteen”. No idea where I got that from. Seems like I heard it somewhere but I can’t think of where that would be. Surprised to see I’m in the minority, but on thinking about it, six one six really does make more sense.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver