Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who comes after Wonder Woman in strength?

Random thought popped into my head while watching Justice League Unlimited and I didn't have an immediate answer. Who is the next strongest woman in the league after Wonder Woman?

Zatanna, Vixen or Big Barda.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Harley, obviously.

Since she was on the league that one time, the most logical answer would be Donna Troy. Maybe Hippolyta too, but her strength-level is very inconsistent.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Power Girl! Zatanna and other sorcery types are kind of glass cannons, Supergirl is often seen as to young, and needs to grow into that power range. Most other female superheroes aren’t usually portrayed as being in this power class.

Yeah I would assume it would Power Girl or Super Girl with Donna Troy being next in line.

Where would Mary Marvel rank?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Harley, obviously.
    Doesn't modern Harley have super strength or something? Like around Spider-Man level

I don’t know if Wonder Woman has ever beaten Harley one on one
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Power Girl! Zatanna and other sorcery types are kind of glass cannons, Supergirl is often seen as to young, and needs to grow into that power range. Most other female superheroes aren’t usually portrayed as being in this power class.
    Power Girl isn't commonly thought of as a Leaguer, but rather as a JSAer, and she wasn't on that show at all, though she did manage a couple of appearances in the comic book companion. So she shouldn't count in this according to the OP. And even is she does, I'm not sure that Diana has ever explicitly been said to be stronger than PG, in fact Diana herself once mentioned that PG was at least as strong as her, (and as fast, but that isn't the question).
    Last edited by achilles; 06-19-2023 at 05:05 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Power Girl isn't commonly thought of as a Leaguer, but rather as a JSAer, and she wasn't on that show at all, though she did manage a couple of appearances in the comic book companion. So she shouldn't count in this according to the OP. And even is she does, I'm not sure that Diana has ever explicitly been said to be stronger than PG, in fact Diana herself once mentioned that PG was at least as strong as her, (and as fast, but that isn't the question).
    They didn't specific "iconic" leaguer OR being form the JLU, just that seeing an episode of the JLU got them thinking. PG counts.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Karen’s duel against Diana from Gail Simone’s run WW vol 3 #41.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

New 52 Supergirl vol 6 #17. Kara takes a shot at fighting Diana. Does about the same as Karen. In both fights, Diana’s superior combat skills and levelhead allow her the upper hand in both encounters.

Last edited by Doctor Know; 06-19-2023 at 07:29 PM.

It would be Hippolyta, her mother. The rest, combat-wise, would be a free-for-all match between Power Girl, Supergirl and Donna Troy, who are all reasonably equal with slight variations of Strength, Speed, Skills and Strategy. Then there are the glass canons like Zatanna, Doctor Fate (female) and Raven who are actually more powerful than Diana due to their magical abilities but lack anywhere near her physical stamina, endurance and hand-to-hand combat ability.

Extraordinary Member

Wasn't this a thread about the character's strength, not about their combat ability? They what's with all those carefully edited posts about WW winning some fights...because of her skill, not her strength? And what about that sequence posted above that avoids posting the one bit there where WW herself has a monologue going on about Karen, where she talks about Karen's strength relative to hers? I believe Diana herself had something to say there.

Even SG in the above is said to be about the same strength as Diana.