Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

What makes me sad is thinking of what other writers would have done if told to create 2 children for alternate versions of Kitty and Colossus. Claremont would have given them original names. Most others would name them after their actual family members. And most others would do something creative with their powers instead of just making them carbon copies of their parents' powers. They're most likely going to die before they get a chance to show any personality, and even if they live longer than expected, will still likely have no personality put into them.

Incredible Member

Oh look, just for a change Banshee dies pathetically right away.

Mighty Member

This is what I don't get. Why settle for bargain basement Claremont when the actual Claremont is available? Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I hate how sad is this reality...

Kinda bored of the hunt till death concept..

A mini of House of M would be more interesting for me now.
    Bite
    Your
    Tongue
    !
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Bite
    Your
    Tongue
    !
    Make me You Inhuman lazy person (i'm very Bad at insulting)
    Is not Even the real 811 reality

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Make me You Inhuman lazy person (i'm very Bad at insulting)
    Is not Even the real 811 reality
    You cared enough to know that I’m an Inhumans fan. That’s good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    What makes me sad is thinking of what other writers would have done if told to create 2 children for alternate versions of Kitty and Colossus. Claremont would have given them original names. Most others would name them after their actual family members. And most others would do something creative with their powers instead of just making them carbon copies of their parents' powers. They're most likely going to die before they get a chance to show any personality, and even if they live longer than expected, will still likely have no personality put into them.
    Those at Kitty and Ilyana’s kids. Piotr was just the sperm donor.

X-Men Monday Call for Questions: X Me Anything With Jordan D. White

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/06/21/x-...dan-d-white-2/

Deadline Sunday, June 25 @ 5PM EST
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    X-Men Monday Call for Questions: X Me Anything With Jordan D. White

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/06/21/x-...dan-d-white-2/

Deadline Sunday, June 25 @ 5PM EST
    Awesome. And he's not gonna tell us if the Stark/Frost marriage will last or not lol though I'm sure many will ask.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Awesome. And he's not gonna tell us if the Stark/Frost marriage will last or not lol though I'm sure many will ask.
    I had to ask the important question if we have any chance of seeing the Hellions or Gen X in attendance at the wedding.

The Hellions (both teams) havent appeared on panel in what seems like forever and this is the perfect opportunity for them to make a quick cameo once again.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I had to ask the important question if we have any chance of seeing the Hellions or Gen X in attendance at the wedding.

The Hellions (both teams) havent appeared on panel in what seems like forever and this is the perfect opportunity for them to make a quick cameo once again.
    Agreed. I'd love to see them all together again. It'll be interesting to see what exactly the ceremony will look like though considering the coming scattering of mutants.

Incredible Member

The x men story opens as the status quo for the original series is set… angel, Scott, and Sean are dead…I hope the series show them involved n the resistance.
    I would gave hoped Banshee would stand his ground and fight… he has the only power that cab strike from a distance, and is fast and mobile

Mutants getting violently murdered again in an dystopian world.....sorry, next...Marvel, your are boring and repetitive.

Tomorrow's X-Men Monday:

Jason Loo Talks ‘X-Men Unlimited: Madrox Family & Fantastic Four Team-Up’

And there's a new Call for Questions for 'Magneto':

"Legendary writer J.M. DeMatteis is set to revisit the iconic mutant's earlier days in the upcoming 'Magneto' mini-series. If you've got questions for J.M., click the link to submit them to #XMenMonday by 6.27 @ 5PM EST."

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/06/25/x-...tteis-magneto/

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Oh God:

Marc: The Β“Prelude to Future PastΒ” opens up a huge can of continuity worms (continuity can of worms?). Originally, I had a plan to resolve some of the incongruities with the Days of Future Past timeline that have presented themselves over the years, but getting into it would have violated my rule for writing this series that one need not be familiar with any other Days of Future Past-related issues (particularly one like Β“PreludeΒ” which was made available to a very select readership). But, wherever possible, I treated any DoFP-related stories as canon. The very first thing I did was to go through all the issues and stories I could get my hands on and wrote up a detailed chronology of events up to, including, and even after what we saw in Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142. Actually, I created two chronologies: One exists as a Microsoft Word file with clips of specific panels and sequences. The other is a spreadsheet that attempts to lay out events year by year.

So, there's proof that the man is just going to ignore Claremont's prelude, especially given that his other interview mentioned describing how Rachel ended up in the camps after she was done as a Hound (which we know). That's why as I said before:

I guess a reasonable way to approach those continuity errors is by looking at this timeline how it was shown in Days of Future Present, where Ahab went back in time because Rachel's interference did change the past, just not enough to change the end result. At this point, the divergence between 616/811 had not been defined, a Hound in that story said they went back in time to stop Franklin "before he changes history beyond repair" and Reed Richards even said that while the details of the original 811 and the one Ahab came from had been changed, the general history had not. So, if we view this in the context of that story, we can view this as one of infinite 811 Variants created sometime between Uncanny X-Men 142 and the Annuals of Days of Future Past like the one from New Mutants 48 which got rewritten by any possible action.
    My conclusion after reading this mini is that it largely stays faithful to the original canon, regardless of the comic's quality. This comic doesn't condradict what I have seen of the Prelude comic, since that same Bishop appears here again. The only problem is that Nightcrawler is shown to be seemingly killed in Doomsday while in Prelude, he was alive. However, that is a problem with the Prelude itself because we've seen Nightcrawler get seemingly killed twice prior to it. Nightcrawler's death in Doomsday is simply a recap of a previous flashback scene.

One possible explanation for Nightcrawler's timeline, besides something like timeline alteration, could be that Nightcrawler simply got lucky and survived his injuries or he has great endurance. I prefer the second explanation to the timeline alteration one since I like some manner of consistency.

Not sure about the 33 years and Rachel's age but that is not too bad an inconsistency. In-universe dates are treated fairly fluid when it comes to fiction. Writers often change them casually.

Also, there is one inconsistency in regards to who the head of the Sentinel hive is in the previous stories prior to Doomsday. Wolverine DOFP mini showed the leaders of the Sentinels to be the Tri-Sentinels. Meanwhile, in an Excalibur story, the leader of the Sentinel hive was shown to be Mastermold. At the end of Doomsday, we see the surviving members of the X-Men consisting of Kate Pryde, Bishop, Magneto (who is revealed to be alive) etc. attack the Tri-Sentinels, but the story never mentions Mastermold. In the Mastermold story, it is mentioned if Mastermold gets destroyed, another Sentinel robot would simply take its place. My theory is that the Marc Guggenheim used that idea to imply that Mastermold took the place of the Tri-Sentinels as the leader of the Sentinel hive after their defeat by the surviving X-Men.

The only DOFP story I haven't yet finished reading is the Days of Future Present story. I don't know if that one has any incongruence to Doomsday, but I doubt it.

One last thing, in Doomsday, it is told that Rachel escaped Ahab twice. Was that a way of fixing a continuity error? I don't remember any previous stories conflicting with each other in regards to Rachel's escape.

IMO, the Doomsday mini is canon.
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 02-04-2024 at 08:55 AM.