Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Emma Frost & Tony Stark Get Married This Fall

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    Both issues are written by Gerry Duggan, with Stefano Caselli drawing X-Men #26 and Juan Frigeri drawing The Invincible Iron Man #10. It's tough to imagine Emma Frost marrying anyone, especially someone as vain and headstrong as Tony Stark. That's not even getting into the currently strained relations between mutants and humans in the Marvel Universe. But as Duggan explains, the confusion surrounding this unlikely pair is a big part of the story being told.

"Neither seems like the marrying type," Duggan tells IGN. "Why this works, and how this works and how much fun this is whether their marriage works or not will need to be seen to be believed and you'll have to buy it to find out. They certainly don't seem like they're ready to be married to anyone, let alone to each other, but life can change quickly."

Duggan adds, "While both are image-conscious public figures, I have to say I don't know that either would care what the public thinks. Love is love. That said, while they have little in common, they are both capitalists with a capital 'C,' so perhaps that's a commonality that will allow their marriage to thrive."

Astonishing Member

Truely a story and idea worthy of a resounding "meh".

I'm just a casual comic fan but I loved Scemma and hoped we'd see it return some day. This is just a reminder to not got too attached to pairings in these comics. I'm open to liking Jott, I just don't feel like Jean ever has seemed as devoted to Scott as Emma was. It seems like the majority of Jean's fanbase doesn't even like the guy who is supposed to be her soulmate. What a mess.
    Last edited by Super-Cyke; 06-19-2023 at 06:26 AM.

Astonishing Member

I though Emma had higher standards

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    I'm just a casual comic fan but I loved Scemma and hoped we'd see it return some day. This is just a reminder to not got too attached to pairings in these comics.
    Same. Loved them as a couple.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Mighty Member

I mean, if you read the book, you'd be pretty obvious that this isn't a romance, but who knows, maybe something will change in the next 3 issues that will make this not a super obvious sting operation.

They're actually doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I mean, if you read the book, you'd be pretty obvious that this isn't a romance, but who knows, maybe something will change in the next 3 issues that will make this not a super obvious sting operation.
    Yeah this is likely a marriage of convenience to start especially with what Duggan says about them both being capitalists, but it could evolve into a real romance.

Lorna in the back with the coffee cup is cute.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Lawd, I thought they learned their lesson with Storm-BP with what happens to inter-franchise marriages. Yawn.

Hope others enjoy it, this is my jump the shark moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Nerdgasm.

I Love it!

THE X and the A are getting Married!!!! Who will be next?

Rogue and Thor?
    Jean and Cap?
    Mags and Wasp??

Luuuuv Weddings.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Nerdgasm.

I Love it!

Rogue and Thor?
    Jean and Cap?
    Mags and Wasp??

Luuuuv Weddings.
    I'm digging this too. I'm sure this is some kind of "business deal" to help shore up Tony's finances and what not, considering his company is being used to hunt mutants. I like that the two teams will be in-laws in a sense.

Hey I just noticed Kamala is there.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I hate Mark Waid. I hate Mark Waid. I hate Mark Waid. I hate Mark Waid.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I'm hoping one of them dies and can't get resurrected so this is just a temporary thing to prevent the tech falling into the wrong hands like we learned in HoX/PoX that Reed and Tony had but ultimately failed. I could have sworn Duggan was the one who called this wedding bullshit.

Astonishing Member

Emma's side of the wedding attendees is weirdly small all things considered.

Only one Generation X member, no original Hellions, no family members, only a handfull of general X-men members who have worked together with her in the past, nobody who would show up just to feast on the buffet...

Obviously this is an artistic (and economic) choice, but it's somewhat humorous to consider that Emma Frost would let herself remain upstaged by someone like Deadpool who's wedding attendees were like half the marvel universe.
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-19-2023 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm digging this too. I'm sure this is some kind of "business deal" to help shore up Tony's finances and what not, considering his company is being used to hunt mutants. I like that the two teams will be in-laws in a sense.

Hey I just noticed Kamala is there.
    I Think they get along and have very above normal sex.

So the X and the A are in laws yay!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I hate Mark Waid. I hate Mark Waid. I hate Mark Waid. I hate Mark Waid.

I'm hoping one of them dies and can't get resurrected so this is just a temporary thing to prevent the tech falling into the wrong hands like we learned in HoX/PoX that Reed and Tony had but ultimately failed. I could have sworn Duggan was the one who called this wedding bullshit.

I mean, it is bullshit in that it's clearly being set up as a political play against orchis and not a wedding wedding for romance reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Nerdgasm.

I Love it!

Rogue and Thor?
    Jean and Cap?
    Mags and Wasp??

Luuuuv Weddings.
    Wolverine and Captain Marvel would make headlines for sure.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”