Thread: Zod vs. Gozer

Default Zod vs. Gozer

General Zod
    (Terence Stamp)

vs.

Gozer the Gozerian
    (Ghostbusters film series)

"Come to me, Gozer the Gozerian! Kneel before Zod!"

Let's say Superman II ended with Zod winning. The Kryptonian General has successfully conquered Planet Houston. All of humanity kneels before him. Well, not everyone. Some believe in a higher, otherworldly power. Gozer is summoned to Zod's dimension with the desire to conquer it and enslave its people. But Zod won't allow it. Who wins to conquer another day?

Versions: Live-action feats only. Gozer is in its main humanoid form, as seen in Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters: Afterlife. However, Gozer could take on a different form if Zod chose to.

Bonus Discussion: What form of the Destructor do you think Zod would choose? Would it be Superman, Jor-El, etc...?

"Are you a God?"

"Zod."

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Given Gozer's direct damage feats are completely FAILING to kill, or even harm, 4 completely ordinary dudes, I'm guessing a Kryptonian is out of its paygrade.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Given Gozer's direct damage feats are completely FAILING to kill, or even harm, 4 completely ordinary dudes, I'm guessing a Kryptonian is out of its paygrade.
    Huh? It was barely trying the frist time ( are you a god?) and the only reason it didn't destroy the whole city was because they cross the streams I can't remember all of AL but wasn't gozer not at full power or something?

They never said that, IIRC. Gozer sucked up all the ghosts and psychic energy in NYC, manifested in the physical world, and started doing stuff. They never said it was weak or anything. And then it totally threw out a "If you aren't immortal, this will kill you" line for an attack that barely knocked them on their butts.

And even if he were weakened, it wouldn’t matter. Because those feats are the only ones we have.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    They never said that, IIRC. Gozer sucked up all the ghosts and psychic energy in NYC, manifested in the physical world, and started doing stuff. They never said it was weak or anything. And then it totally threw out a "If you aren't immortal, this will kill you" line for an attack that barely knocked them on their butts.
    No in Ghostbusters: Afterlife I think there was something about it being weak or something. Also it never says "If you aren't immortal, this will kill you? It says are you a god they say no and it says then die it barley looks concerned with them also remember it needed them alive to pick the from of the destroyer.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

The whole business of 'Then die!' does sort of make the point that Gozer was looking to kill them. Or at least mess them up really badly (I dunno, but I don't tend to hear characters say 'Then DIE.' when they're looking to hand over a cookie or the like).

Not saying that was the extent of Gozer's power, but really, wasn't that impressive.

As noted by others, Gozer didn't really do a whole lot.

- The lightning attack that failed to kill the four normal guys.
    - Creating the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

I think that's about it.

Not really a lot to work with.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    The whole business of 'Then die!' does sort of make the point that Gozer was looking to kill them. Or at least mess them up really badly (I dunno, but I don't tend to hear characters say 'Then DIE.' when they're looking to hand over a cookie or the like).

Not saying that was the extent of Gozer's power, but really, wasn't that impressive.

As noted by others, Gozer didn't really do a whole lot.

- The lightning attack that failed to kill the four normal guys.
    - Creating the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

I think that's about it.

Not really a lot to work with.
    I'm not saying it wins or anything just saying it didn't seem like it was trying very hard as I said before she dud need them alive to pick the from of the destroyer so it makes sense to not kill them also the earthquake it did before it even manifested was more impressive and if it did that it would have killed the on the rufftop call it whatever you want pis/cis but it definitely didn't go all out trying to kill them he'll we know it wasn't going all out we see what it did to Ivo Shandor in AL not that it really matters because zod can just speed blez it for the win. Also I see plenty of people who say die in movies tv whatever and don't mean it wrestlers in wwe say it doesn't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I'm not saying it wins or anything just saying it didn't seem like it was trying very hard as I said before she dud need them alive to pick the from of the destroyer so it makes sense to not kill them also the earthquake it did before it even manifested was more impressive and if it did that it would have killed the on the rufftop call it whatever you want pis/cis but it definitely didn't go all out trying to kill them he'll we know it wasn't going all out we see what it did to Ivo Shandor in AL not that it really matters because zod can just speed blez it for the win.
    And yet, it's all we have to work with.

To repeat:

- Zaps people while telling them to die, doesn't kill normal humans.
    - Makes Stay Puft.

That's it. It doesn't matter even if Gozer was trying hard or not. That's what we have.

Is it likely the limit of Gozer's power? Nope. But for Rumbles? That's all we have.

Also I see plenty of people who say die in movies tv whatever and don't mean it wrestlers in wwe say it doesn't mean anything.
    So your argument is that when the god that is coming to destroy everything says 'Are you a god? No? Then DIE.' to a bunch of mortals, the god didn't really mean it. That it's just like a WWE Wrestler saying 'die'.

Sorry, but that really doesn't fly for me.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

As noted, Gozer exhibited no feats in the film that indicate that it can harm a fully powered Zod. On the other hand, it has been shown that completely destroying Gozer's physical form won't kill it. It can manifest again in another form almost immediately after one is chosen by a stray thought.

Because of this the fight goes on and on. Gozer eventually wins when the sun enters the next phase of its existence and becomes red, making Zod as vulnerable as an ordinary human.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    As noted, Gozer exhibited no feats in the film that indicate that it can harm a fully powered Zod. On the other hand, it has been shown that completely destroying Gozer's physical form won't kill it. It can manifest again in another form almost immediately after one is chosen by a stray thought.

Because of this the fight goes on and on. Gozer eventually wins when the sun enters the next phase of its existence and becomes red, making Zod as vulnerable as an ordinary human.
    When did Gozer ever do a snap return after its manifestation was destroyed?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    When did Gozer ever do a snap return after its manifestation was destroyed?
    After Ray thought of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man it came right back as him. I did qualify that a form had to be thought of for it first.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    After Ray thought of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man it came right back as him. I did qualify that a form had to be thought of for it first.
    I thought "The Form of the Destroyer made manifest" was a separate thing from Gozer that it summoned up from its Gozerian godrealm or whatever.

EDIT: Looking at the clip on YouTube Gozer calls it "Volguus Zilrohar the Traveler" as separate from calling itself Gozer the Destructor a second ago.

I know we don't like using crossovers here, but I thought this was too cool not to share.

(Skip a couple of pages)

And the next page is just pure black with text saying "Cybertron was destroyed"

Okay, that's hilarious. ^_^
    Why are we here?