Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

No, they're not kissing. He's biting his nose off. LOL

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I think it looks sexy, stupid, and (unintentionally?) hilarious. I hope it streams on a service I have one day.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Is the kid saying "you are exactly like our father" supposed to be Chameleon? Chameleon is one of the first (actually, he might be THE first) super villains to appear in the Spider books, and from what I remember, Kraven was introduced as his lackey, and here he seems like the little brother. Until the inevitable post credit scene where someone gives him an imaging device.
    Imaging device? In the Sonyverse, Chameleon should either get changed by coming into contact with a dose of chameleon blood or possibly bitten by a radioactive chameleon.

Moved to next year thanks to strike.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ed-1235547084/

Saw this YouTube video offering a critique on the Sony's Spider-Man cinematic universe, including early impressions on the Kraven movie.

Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I'm Kraven this movie.
    You could say he's Kravenough.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This looks more like a direct-to-DVD flick than something that needs to be in cinemas.

I know Kraven in the comics used like potions to enhance himself but a lion bite mutating him into an animal man? Really?

That glasses guy is mutating into Rhino? That kid is Chameleon? Really?
    I like schlock and liked the trailer enough but this movie will probably become fuel to the superhero fatigue furnace if it doesn't do much better than Morbius.

I and others enjoyed a Finnish body horror movie called Hatching, where a young girl turns a baby bird she saved from the forest into a slowly mutating and murderous doppelganger version of herself just because of the anguish she was feeling from the deep family issues she had when she was hugging it, with zero attempt to explain why that happened, it just worked as a metaphor for that kind of movie. Much different from shining a superhero franchise sized flashlight on Kraven, especially because superhero movies have obsessed about redoing some origin stories for so long you can't help but compare them with each other now.
    Last edited by Wildling; 07-29-2023 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I think it looks sexy, stupid, and (unintentionally?) hilarious. I hope it streams on a service I have one day.

Imaging device? In the Sonyverse, Chameleon should either get changed by coming into contact with a dose of chameleon blood or possibly bitten by a radioactive chameleon.
    I think that needs to become the movie stock method for all characters that started as Spider-Man opponents even if Spider-Man doesn't exist in a particular character's movie.

Bitten by a radioactive electricity elemental.

Bitten by a radioactive lion.

Bitten by a radioactive mystery novel.

Bitten by a radioactive sandpile.

Bitten by a radioactive vulture.

Bitten by a radioactive octopus.

Bitten by a radioactive rhino.

Bitten by a radioactive cut and paste. Ouch! No! Wait!
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    You could say he's Kravenough.

I like schlock and liked the trailer enough but this movie will probably become fuel to the superhero fatigue furnace if it doesn't do much better than Morbius.

I and others enjoyed a Finnish body horror movie called Hatching, where a young girl turns a baby bird she saved from the forest into a slowly mutating and murderous doppelganger version of herself just because of the anguish she was feeling from the deep family issues she had when she was hugging it, with zero attempt to explain why that happened, it just worked as a metaphor for that kind of movie. Much different from shining a superhero franchise sized flashlight on Kraven, especially because superhero movies have obsessed about redoing some origin stories for so long you can't help but compare them with each other now.
    I think there are some stories that are better (and, in the case of a horror movie, scarier) by there never being any explanation and, hence, no guarantee it can't happen again) like "The Birds". But that only works if the movie is high quality to begin with. We'll just have to wait and see with "Kraven". I admit I do rather like the idea of taking a character and doing something a bit different and new with him- if it is done well, especially if he was pretty much a throwaway character to begin with. As I said way back, I read lots of Kraven stories as a kid and young man and he was pretty much a joke character (not intentionally) until "Kraven's Last Hunt". He was a good, fun character. Don't get me wrong. But hardly a character that "How dare they mess with his profound origin and character".
    Power with Girl is better.