Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Didn't the sequels really start to pile up after the sale to Disney?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Didn't the sequels really start to pile up after the sale to Disney?
    Yeah. Disney bought Pixar in 2006. Sequels did start to pile up afterwards. But the sequels not only performed very very well at the box office, but also even outperformed the originals at the box office.

Toy Story 3 (2010), Finding Dory (2016), Incredibles 2 (2018), and Toy Story 4 (2019) are all among the 50 highest-grossing films of all time and they each all made over $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Yeah. Disney bought Pixar in 2006. Sequels did start to pile up afterwards. But the sequels not only performed very very well at the box office, but also even outperformed the originals at the box office.

Toy Story 3 (2010), Finding Dory (2016), Incredibles 2 (2018), and Toy Story 4 (2019) are all among the 50 highest-grossing films of all time and they each all made over $1 billion at the worldwide box office.
    Those sequels mentioned above may be overrated. Maybe they are not good in some others' opinions. But it is hard to argue with box office results.

Astonishing Member

I'm not denying Disney/Pixar have ISSUES in general, but I I thought Elements was dope, might be one of the biggest and best blockbuster relationship movies I have watched recently, along with Japanese movie Suzume.

And right here, the real reason why.

https://screenrant.com/elemental-joh...o-cameo-pixar/
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Elio will show in theaters in March 2024. A sequel, Inside Out 2, will be released in June 2024.
    I don't know about Elio but I know Inside Out was a box office smash hit, so I am hopeful the sequel Inside Out 2 will break the box office record held by the original film as the sequels to Toy Story, Incredibles and Finding Nemo did. Unless either the audience will get tired of Pixar or Inside Out 2 will be streaming on Disney+.

I wonder why Pixar hasn't made a sequel to A Bug's Life. It was a good film. I enjoyed watching A Bug's Life. It was both a critical and commercial success. On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a rating of 92% based on 88 reviews and an average rating of 7.9/10. Another review aggregator, Metacritic, gave the film a score of 77 out of 100 based on 23 critics.

Both Lightyear and Elemental have a budget of $200 million respectively while the Super Mario Bros cost $100 million to make, half of what it cost to produce Lightyear or Elemental.

Honestly, Pixar and Disney need to slash the budgets for their future film projects and stop pouring too much money into movies that is going to be an epic fail. I understand spending money on marketing may be a good tactic, in order to attract a big audience, but they need to invest their money wisely and not frivolously take risks gambling on a new film concept that will be profitable or unprofitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Both Lightyear and Elemental have a budget of $200 million respectively while the Super Mario Bros cost $100 million to make, half of what it cost to produce Lightyear or Elemental.

Honestly, Pixar and Disney need to slash the budgets for their future film projects and stop pouring too much money into movies that is going to be an epic fail. I understand spending money on marketing may be a good tactic, in order to attract a big audience, but they need to invest their money wisely and not frivolously take risks gambling on a new film concept that will be profitable or unprofitable.
    I think that comment is the most important. It might be cool to try something new, but not if it blows your budget.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    And right here, the real reason why.

https://screenrant.com/elemental-joh...o-cameo-pixar/
    Now that’s real journalism!

One of Pixar's issues is that they've trained audiences to watch these very expensive films on Disney+. This is probably why they're going with Toy Story 5, although that's going to have to be a really good movie to not hurt their original brand.

One really big film might be enough to really help, something so good that people who liked Pixar films in the past feel the need to see it in theaters.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The budget is actually More like 300 million for each.

Every studio waxes and wanes often on. Pixar will make great stuff again, they will make not-so-great stuff again. This is normal, there's nothing to worry about.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Box Office Mojo is reporting that Elemental made more money yesterday (Friday) than The Flash did. If that result stays consistent for the rest of the weekend then the Pixar film will in weekend 2 beat the film that outsold it by over 20 million in their opening week. Positive word of mouth does help to some extent, even if it's cold comfort overall.

I like Soul and onwards and find Pixar's movies still worth watching.

Disney animation had a "dark period" ... And didn't die.

I'm sure Pixar will survive.

The one suggestion I haven't seen that I actually think would help is ... Break from Disney.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium