Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Always? No. Not if Superman, WW. Cap, and Jonn are assumed as Class 100. Unless you are not speaking in a general sense but instead considering Flashturd, Geoff John's fanwank. If that is the case, it is easy to see that both Supes and WW were MASSIVELY powered DOWN as compared to their pre GJ fanwank state.

But hey, have a party. The OP asked about standing in the DCU so I assumed general sense.
    Aquaman has had feats in the 100 class and above way before 2011. And post flashpoint his strength feats are better than WW's.

I would say he's just under heroes like Wonder Woman, J'onn and Orion. (although we all know these things are super inconsistent)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I would say he's just under heroes like Wonder Woman, J'onn and Orion. (although we all know these things are super inconsistent)
    But that is just the thing--his physical strength in relation to them has been consistent up UNTIL Flashpoint/New 52

And unlike those characters, the history of his design did not call for that. But Geoff definitely wanted that and it makes its way into any animation where he gets a producer credit. But that doesn't alter history and it is not a case of the character having been slighted or denied things that were in his design as so often is the case with Supes, WW, and Cap. Terms like "just under" or "in the neighborhood" simply are not representative of the character's standing throughout most of its lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    But that is just the thing--his physical strength in relation to them has been consistent up UNTIL Flashpoint/New 52

And unlike those characters, the history of his design did not call for that. But Geoff definitely wanted that and it makes its way into any animation where he gets a producer credit. But that doesn't alter history and it is not a case of the character having been slighted or denied things that were in his design as so often is the case with Supes, WW, and Cap. Terms like "just under" or "in the neighborhood" simply are not representative of the character's standing throughout most of its lifespan.
    He was easily clasas 100 in Post Crisis. And he has better strengtb feats than WW now. So the OP should clarify if he is talking about current version or not. How things used to be 50 years ago have no impaxt on how things are today in the power tier of DC characters. Current Aquaman is stronger than current WW.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    He was easily clasas 100 in Post Crisis. And he has better strengtb feats than WW now. So the OP should clarify if he is talking about current version or not. How things used to be 50 years ago have no impaxt on how things are today in the power tier of DC characters. Current Aquaman is stronger than current WW.
    You keep saying that without offering any real evidence like scans or specific feats.

Someone said they thought Aquaman and Namor are equal but I've never seen it that way. Namor is far more powerful, he's stronger, faster, more impervious and can fly, to make up for his inability to control sea life.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I thought Aquaman and Wonder Woman were tied.

Also Namor lost to Hyperion who is basically Superman so I guess we know Superman > Aquaman.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    You keep saying that without offering any real evidence like scans or specific feats.

Someone said they thought Aquaman and Namor are equal but I've never seen it that way. Namor is far more powerful, he's stronger, faster, more impervious and can fly, to make up for his inability to control sea life.
    Taking a continent level attack in New 52>anything from post flashpoint WW, he pushed 2 tectonic plates down, he was pressing them together to seal a trench. And tectonic plates weigh an average of fourty sextillion, seven hundred quintillion kilograms. Plus he has matched WW on land blow by blow in their multiple battles post flash point. So yes, he is not weaker than namor, and stronger than post flashpoint WW. Diana today is not even close to Superman's stats, Arthur is closer to that now than her.

Mighty Member

Since 2011. AQ has a solid case of being stronger than WW bvased on feats. Outside of scaling, he actrually has better quantifiable raw strength feats than current WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He can withstand sea pressure and trade blows with wonderwoman so I assume her equal
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I thought Aquaman and Wonder Woman were tied.
    I am all for complaining about Wonder Woman since Flashpoint, especially if we talk about withstanding sea pressure weak, and not just in terms of strength, but also speed, skill, weapons, and more, but Aquaman trading blows with Wonder Woman or Superman was typically just about them jobbing like crazy, during new 52 times you could have maybe make a case for only Wonder Woman being weak enough with her bracelets on to be in Aquaman's weight class, but even back then it did not truly fit their general portrayal or scaling. But outside of that Aquaman never even moved just the moon or anything like that under his own power, while Superman bench-pressed the weight of Earth for 5 days as an example, and Wonder Woman pulled the sun with her lasso as an example, and both of these examples happened after Flashpoint:

And it looks the same in terms of speed or other stats, Wonder Woman even kind of lost her only disadvantage with the piercing weakness. Aquaman trading blows with Wonder Woman or Superman or the hogwash with Wonder Woman in animations were half-assed tries to portray Aquaman as more powerful, but DC never truly commited to actually making Aquaman that powerful in general, so it just ends up with fights were nobody truly looks good or is portrayed fittingly to their power.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 06-27-2023 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    I am all for complaining about Wonder Woman since Flashpoint, especially if we talk about withstanding sea pressure weak and not just in terms of strength, but also speed, skill, weapons, and more, but Aquaman trading blows with Wonder Woman or Superman was typically just about them jobbing like crazy, during new 52 times you could have maybe make a case for only Wonder Woman being weak enough with her bracelets on to be in Aquaman's weight class, but even back then it did not truly fit their general portrayal or scaling. But outside of that Aquaman never even moved just the moon or anything like that under his own power, while Superman bench-pressed the weight of Earth for 5 days as an example, and Wonder Woman pulled the sun with her lasso as an example, and both of these examples happened after Flashpoint:

And it looks the same in terms of speed or other stats, Wonder Woman even kind of lost her only disadvantage with the piercing weakness. Aquaman trading blows with Wonder Woman or Superman or the hogwash with Wonder Woman in animations were half-assed tries to portray Aquaman as more powerful, but DC never truly commited to actually making Aquaman that powerful in general, so it just ends up with fights were nobody truly looks good or is portrayed fittingly to their power.
    But DC has been nerfing WW consistently, and making her lose or end in a tie her fights with AQ since 2011. Plus AQ trading blows with other heavy hitters as well, and having more quantifiable feats above WW's post flashpoint.

Taking a continent level attack in New 52>anything from post flashpoint WW, he pushed 2 tectonic plates down, he was pressing them together to seal a trench. And tectonic plates weigh an average of fourty sextillion, seven hundred quintillion kilograms. And that is better than WW outside of that sun moving feat which is never even 100% cleared if she movef it or not all by herself. And is pretty much an outlier when mothing else she has done comes close. Plus he has matched WW on land blow by blow in their multiple battles post flash point. This has been consistent for years now, DC has made WW's nerfing very official at this point.

Mighty Member

But DC has been nerfing WW consistently, and making her lose or end in a tie her fights with AQ since 2011. Plus AQ trading blows with other heavy hitters as well, and having more quantifiable feats above WW's post flashpoint.
    DC has been nerfing Wonder Woman inconsistently, and with several breaks were writers remembered who Wonder Woman is actually supposed to be, because this is clearly more a case of incompetence and ignorance than of active malice. And i don't know what Aquaman comics you have been reading, but he has traded far less often blows with heavy hitters, and has only a handful of strong feats.

Taking a continent level attack in New 52>anything from post flashpoint WW, he pushed 2 tectonic plates down, he was pressing them together to seal a trench. And tectonic plates weigh an average of fourty sextillion, seven hundred quintillion kilograms. And that is better than WW outside of that sun moving feat And is pretty much an outlier when mothing else she has done comes close.
    You are not making any sense, Wonder Woman pulling the sun with her lasso is literally stronger than all of Aquaman's own strength feats since flashpoint added together, taking a continental attack is not even a strength feat and not even stronger than the strongest hits Wonder Woman has taken since flashpoint anyway, and Aquaman pushing tectonic plates would be as much of an outlier for him, but would be not for Wonder Woman, and it did not even involve him mentioning that he did something like that before.

which is never even 100% cleared if she movef it or not all by herself.
    I am not quite sure what this is even supposed to mean, but nowhere in the very short story was it ever mentioned that Wonder Woman had any kind of amp, that was just regular Diana.

Plus he has matched WW on land blow by blow in their multiple battles post flash point. This has been consistent for years now, DC has made WW's nerfing very official at this point.
    Wonder Woman jobbing a very few times to Aquaman in the comics in a time period longer than a decade, and a very few times in animations over an even longer period of time is not consistent, or else Wonder Woman not being able to or forgeting that she can fly would be also consistent.
    I will say again i am all for complaining about Wonder Woman since Flashpoint, and i found almost any fight Wonder Woman or Superman ever had with Aquaman just silly, but what you do is just doom-posting, and getting portrayed like Aquaman would be definitiively no improvement for Wonder Woman, but even worse than it already is, Superman is a character for which you could actually make the case you are trying to make for Aquaman.

I am all for complaining about Wonder Woman since Flashpoint, especially if we talk about withstanding sea pressure weak, and not just in terms of strength, but also speed, skill, weapons, and more, but Aquaman trading blows with Wonder Woman or Superman was typically just about them jobbing like crazy, during new 52 times you could have maybe make a case for only Wonder Woman being weak enough with her bracelets on to be in Aquaman's weight class, but even back then it did not truly fit their general portrayal or scaling. But outside of that Aquaman never even moved just the moon or anything like that under his own power, while Superman bench-pressed the weight of Earth for 5 days as an example, and Wonder Woman pulled the sun with her lasso as an example, and both of these examples happened after Flashpoint:

Gas is lighter than a solid...

DC has been nerfing Wonder Woman inconsistently, and with several breaks were writers remembered who Wonder Woman is actually supposed to be, because this is clearly more a case of incompetence and ignorance than of active malice. And i don't know what Aquaman comics you have been reading, but he has traded far less often blows with heavy hitters, and has only a handful of strong feats.

You are not making any sense, Wonder Woman pulling the sun with her lasso is literally stronger than all of Aquaman's own strength feats since flashpoint added together, taking a continental attack is not even a strength feat and not even stronger than the strongest hits Wonder Woman has taken since flashpoint anyway, and Aquaman pushing tectonic plates would be as much of an outlier for him, but would be not for Wonder Woman, and it did not even involve him mentioning that he did something like that before.

I am not quite sure what this is even supposed to mean, but nowhere in the very short story was it ever mentioned that Wonder Woman had any kind of amp, that was just regular Diana.

Wonder Woman jobbing a very few times to Aquaman in the comics in a time period longer than a decade, and a very few times in animations over an even longer period of time is not consistent, or else Wonder Woman not being able to or forgeting that she can fly would be also consistent.
    I will say again i am all for complaining about Wonder Woman since Flashpoint, and i found almost any fight Wonder Woman or Superman ever had with Aquaman just silly, but what you do is just doom-posting, and getting portrayed like Aquaman would be definitiively no improvement for Wonder Woman, but even worse than it already is, Superman is a character for which you could actually make the case you are trying to make for Aquaman.
    It's not a few times. They matched each other in the comics 5/6 times now, and there is even official guide books calling them strength peers now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Gas is lighter than a solid...
    Are you seriously trying to claim it would take more force to move the moon than to move a star like the sun, or are you just joking?

It's not a few times. They matched each other in the comics 5/6 times now, and there is even official guide books calling them strength peers now.
    From where are you getting 5 or 6 times, i just remember 3 and that was still over a time period of more than a decade? 2 were during new 52 times where Wonder Woman had her bracelets on, and just 1 during rebirth with Gorilla Grodd. And i have even posted that 1 entry with Aquaman on land on par with Wonder Woman and allegedly unmatched underwater statement in the Wonder Woman forum a while ago, but that was just an entry in a short bio of Aquaman himself in a single side-book and didn't match any Wonder Woman bio as far as i remember, and nobody ever acknowledged or followed up on that anyway.

He is below Superman, Wonder Woman, Manhunter, Shazam, Supergirl/Power Girl and Orion who are all Upper Class 100. I put him on the same level as the Thing, in Class 100 strength range but on the lower to mid tier level. The Thing can fight the Hulk, Thor, Sentry and Blue Marvel but is greatly outmatched once they unleash their full strength.

Aquaman is basically only remotely that strong when he fights specifically Wonder Woman or Superman, but outside of that he is typically far weaker than them, but he don't truly fits anywhere in because he is at the same time far stronger than the likes of Hawkman or Vixen typically are.
    I generally put Aquaman above Vixen but her magical nature, make her an odd character to nail down with conventional measurements.

Case in point, her fight with Flashpoint Aquaman under water...
    vixen-vs-aquaman-convergence-1 (2)2.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-28-2024 at 05:12 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Are you seriously trying to claim it would take more force to move the moon than to move a star like the sun, or are you just joking?

From where are you getting 5 or 6 times, i just remember 3 and that was still over a time period of more than a decade? 2 were during new 52 times where Wonder Woman had her bracelets on, and just 1 during rebirth with Gorilla Grodd. And i have even posted that 1 entry with Aquaman on land on par with Wonder Woman and allegedly unmatched underwater statement in the Wonder Woman forum a while ago, but that was just an entry in a short bio of Aquaman himself in a single side-book and didn't match any Wonder Woman bio as far as i remember, and nobody ever acknowledged or followed up on that anyway.
    Interview about Aquaman's capability.

https://comicsalliance.com/abnett-wa...man-interview/

AQ beat her in flashpoint, beat her unbderwater and on lanbd in the JSA movie, he matched her multiple times in nthe New 52, and also matched her in Rebirth when they fought. AQ being capable of taking WW down has been pretty consistent the past decade. And they have had 5 battles where they were shown as on par. I will send you a link in PM.