Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    Interview about Aquaman's capability.

https://comicsalliance.com/abnett-wa...man-interview/

AQ beat her in flashpoint, beat her unbderwater and on lanbd in the JSA movie, he matched her multiple times in nthe New 52, and also matched her in Rebirth when they fought. AQ being capable of taking WW down has been pretty consistent the past decade. And they have had 5 battles where they were shown as on par. I will send you a link in PM.
    Thank you for that link. Great read!

One scene in comics that has always bothered me was in Injustice. Superman raises Atlantis to threaten Aquaman, and Aquaman is terrified by him and backs down. My thought has always been that if Aquaman can hold his own against Superman, was this not a fight worth having? Throw in allies on both sides and could the Injustice storyline have ended either way right then and there?

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    He is below Superman, Wonder Woman, Manhunter, Shazam, Supergirl/Power Girl and Orion who are all Upper Class 100. I put him on the same level as the Thing, in Class 100 strength range but on the lower to mid tier level. The Thing can fight the Hulk, Thor, Sentry and Blue Marvel but is greatly outmatched once they unleash their full strength.

I generally put Aquaman above Vixen but her magical make her an odd character to nail down with conventaon measurements.

Case in point, her fight with Flashpoint Aquaman water...
    Attachment 132953
    You of course are making sense, but I don't know that rational argument can cleave this magnitude of ...aggressive fan wishing. Best to take a page from the Syndicate and just grab some popcorn and be entertained.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    One scene in comics that has always bothered me was in Injustice. Superman raises Atlantis to threaten Aquaman, and Aquaman is terrified by him and backs down. My thought has always been that if Aquaman can hold his own against Superman, was this not a fight worth having? Throw in allies on both sides and could the Injustice storyline have ended either way right then and there?
    Because he does so with Wonder Woman and Shazam and he can’t beat all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    You of course are making sense, but I don't know that rational argument can cleave this magnitude of ...aggressive fan wishing. Best to take a page from the Syndicate and just grab some popcorn and be entertained.
    Agree and understood.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    He is below Superman, Wonder Woman, Manhunter, Shazam, Supergirl/Power Girl and Orion who are all Upper Class 100. I put him on the same level as the Thing, in Class 100 strength range but on the lower to mid tier level. The Thing can fight the Hulk, Thor, Sentry and Blue Marvel but is greatly outmatched once they unleash their full strength.

I generally put Aquaman above Vixen but her magical make her an odd character to nail down with conventaon measurements.

Case in point, her fight with Flashpoint Aquaman water...
    Attachment 132953
    You are not wrong about Vixen having certain abilities that can push her higher, just like Zatanna as another example, but i was more talking about how Vixen gets averagely portrayed ans specifically in terms of physical strength is Aquaman typically much higher.

-

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    Interview about Aquaman's capability.

https://comicsalliance.com/abnett-wa...man-interview/
    Yeah that is nice and all, but nobody actually believes that Aquaman is more powerful than Martian Manhunter, Flash, Green Lantern, and probably Shazam, that is rarely ever how Wonder Woman is portrayed, and practically never how Aquaman is portrayed outside of specifically him fighting Wonder Woman or Superman. And Aquaman also never even gets considered for something like this as example:

AQ beat her in flashpoint
    From where are you getting that he beat her, their main fight got interrupted, and that are not even their regular canon versions anyway?

beat her unbderwater and on lanbd in the JSA movie
    That are not even their comic versions, much less the ones the regular canon, that was allegedly supposed to be a Golden Age Wonder Woman and both were so incredible weak that Steve Trevor in a car could make a big difference in their fight.

he matched her multiple times in nthe New 52
    He arguably matched her twice during new 52 times, and actually looking at how these fights went more like just once, and that was both times with her bracelets on anyway.

and also matched her in Rebirth when they fought.
    Yeah that he did, and i think you know how i feel about that shitty fight, but even that was before Wonder Woman got stronger in Rebirth.

AQ being capable of taking WW down has been pretty consistent the past decade.
    No, it did not even happen a single time in the actual in-canon comics of the last decade.

And they have had 5 battles where they were shown as on par.
    They had 3 in-canon battles in a time period longer than a decade, and 2 had the caveat of Wonder Woman having her bracelets on, a few animated or out of canon fights don't make it consistent.

I will send you a link in PM.
    Have you actually read what was in that link? Because i have, and i am still not sure if that was just supposed to be a joke, cause if not that was just an incredible incoherent and dishonest rant of someone on the question-answer website quora who i can not better describe than to say they must be an extreme Aquaman fanboy or fangirl. I don't even know were to start, but i will try:

1. They mixed 3 different continuities with multiple out of canon versions, and basically claimed that Aquaman has equal strength like at least 6 different versions of Wonder Woman, which don't even makes any sense.
    2. They claimed that a not evil in character Wonder Woman who even was the one who said they should leave afterwards because Aquaman poses no clear and present danger, punching Aquaman merely out of a window, would be allegedly the full force of post crisis Wonder Woman. And that was not even remotely her strongest punch towards an ally as she was not evil:

In that same continuity she even punched her own mother who is much weaker harder than Aquaman in that scene.
    3. They also compared Wonder Woman and Aquaman's allegedly shockingly similar durability by showing them both swimming through lava, in a continuity where Wonder Woman survived black holes and getting punched through the solar system. And then they lied about Aquaman allegedly being consistently bullet-proof, to claim that Aquaman would be allegedly undeniably more durable to an extreme degree, by basing Wonder Woman's durability on her piercing weakness and the last edit of that rant was even after Wonder Woman lost her piercing weakness.
    4. They apparently just ignored speed, and lied about Wonder Woman's and Aquaman's combat skill being frequently said and shown to be equal,.
    5. And now it gets truly wild, Aquaman would allegedly overpower that odd mix of at least 6 different versions of Wonder Woman with his magic, because he could allegedly destroy an universe with it, is referred to as the ravager of worlds, or could just summon dinosaurs to eat her, and he also has a lot of vague undefined magickal power because all magick on earth allegedly originates from Atlantis. I don't even truly know what to say to all this hogwash, except that Wonder Woman frequently fights enemies who are magically much more powerful than Aquaman.
    6. And it continues just as bad, with the claim that Aquaman could stomp Diana in an instant if he wanted to with his telepathy, because he once compelled Tiamat who could hurt Power Girl with it's magical fire. I don't think i even need to explain how little sense this claim makes, or do i need to?
    7. Then there was odd rambling about A League of One, and that the dragon was prophesied to die upon a golden spear, which means allegedly Aquaman's trident.
    8. The claim that Wonder Woman's Aegis could probably not protect her from the amount of magickal power Aquaman can channel through his trident, who knew that Aquaman is actually the most powerful magic wielder on earth, well i am pretty sure actually nobody knows that, because it is just yet another lie.
    9. Then there was some self-contradicting comparison involving Triton.
    10. Again Aquaman's allegedly greatest skill his telepathy, because Wonder Woman's telepathic defenses since the Golden age were allegedly never enough to stand up to Aquaman, who once gave a White Martian a headache, which gets just even sillier if you realize that Gorilla Grodd had mind controlled them both in the Rebirth fight earlier shown, and only Wonder Woman showed that she could actually block Gorilla Grodd's telephaty with her lasso around that time.
    11. They forgot the drastic speed increase of taking of her bracelets, and claimed that she allegedly needs these to protect herself from Aquaman's weapons, magic and to perform some of her more powerful attacks that require her slamming the bracelets together, which just perfectly shows that they have actually no clue about Wonder Woman in the comics.
    12. And with or without them, Aquaman could allegedly take her down easily with his telepathy, or he allegedly should be able to destroy her with lightening blasts, or ice summoning, and other magical attacks, or and i like the silliness of this the most he could allegedly just drown her with a tidal wave. Which are obviously all just extreme silly claims, which also again just show that they have no clue about Wonder Woman.

Now after writing about all that hogwash, it must have been a joke, because i just refuse to believe someone could be truly this delusional.

-

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Because he does so with Wonder Woman and Shazam and he can’t beat all of them
    Aquaman can not beat an evil Superman at all, not even if we would actually put him on par with the pathetic Injustice version of Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 06-29-2023 at 11:57 AM.

You take the Conscience away from Superman and EVERYONE should be afraid...Aquaman isn't stupid...

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    You take the Conscience away from Superman and EVERYONE should be afraid...Aquaman isn't stupid...
    superman is not the only powerhouse in dc, and he should be far from unstoppable.

I definitely think Aquaman should be in that Wonderwoman level of strength by now. Like it or his recent feats have him doing stuff like casually carrying cruise ships, moving subs, jumping into the atmosphere, etc. Way above Spider-Man or Thing level, but def below Superman and like Wonderwoman. He’s got to at least be New God level of strength in the 100+ ton category.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I definitely think Aquaman should be in that Wonderwoman level of strength by now. Like it or his recent feats have him doing stuff like casually carrying cruise ships, moving subs, jumping into the atmosphere, etc. Way above Spider-Man or Thing level, but def below Superman and like Wonderwoman.
    I like how you just lowball Wonder Woman hard to claim Aquaman should be as strong as her, if he should be definitivley below the Superman level of strength he logically also would be definitively below the Wonder Woman level of strength, because the idea that Wonder Woman should not just job now and then to Aquaman, but literally should get degraded to cap out at carrying cruise ships or moving subs just to make Aquaman look stronger than he truly would be is just ridiculous and would even outright confirm that DC has in 2023 somehow still a blatant sexism problem then.

He’s got to at least be New God level of strength in the 100+ ton category.
    Ok now your comment makes even less sense, 100+ Category New Gods like Orion are also in the Superman level of strength, and can like a not degraded Wonder Woman do a lot more than just carry cruise ships, move subs, or jump into the atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    I like how you just lowball Wonder Woman hard to claim Aquaman should be as strong as her, if he should be definitivley below the Superman level of strength he logically also would be definitively below the Wonder Woman level of strength, because the idea that Wonder Woman should not just job now and then to Aquaman, but literally should get degraded to cap out at carrying cruise ships or moving subs just to make Aquaman look stronger than he truly would be is just ridiculous and would even outright confirm that DC has in 2023 somehow still a blatant sexism problem then.

Ok now your comment makes even less sense, 100+ Category New Gods like Orion are also in the Superman level of strength, and can like a not degraded Wonder Woman do a lot more than just carry cruise ships, move subs, or jump into the atmosphere.
    Take several deep breaths guy. You clearly have an issue with Aquaman being near Wonderwoman strength wise, but that’s a personal problem for you to deal with. Im not knocking Wonderwoman down, I’m dragging Aquaman back from the ridiculous depths people have pushed him into. Like Thing level strength? Seriously? Sure he’s not a one to one comparison to Wonderwoman but comparing him to Hawkman or Spider-Man? Just no.

Anyway, as for my somehow confusing rankings I think it makes sense that Superman is at the top, Wonderwoman is a step below him and Aquaman is a step below her which is where I rank Orion, strong tanks near god level but not quite to Diana.

Good point.
    Same could be said about others like Manhunter, Wonder Woman, etc. If you take away their conscience, they should be pretty damn scary. superman is not the only one that should be ranked like that. If we are to believe that these other characters are in superman's class like dc has claimed so many times.

Take several deep breaths guy. You clearly have an issue with Aquaman being near Wonderwoman strength wise, but that’s a personal problem for you to deal with. Im not knocking Wonderwoman down, I’m dragging Aquaman back from the ridiculous depths people have pushed him into. Like Thing level strength? Seriously? Sure he’s not a one to one comparison to Wonderwoman but comparing him to Hawkman or Spider-Man? Just no.

Anyway, as for my somehow confusing rankings I think it makes sense that Superman is at the top, Wonderwoman is a step below him and Aquaman is a step below her which is where I rank Orion, strong tanks near god level but not quite to Diana.
    To bring AQ up, we shouldn't have to drag others down. Since when is lifting ships and submarines supposed to be thebest that Diana could do? She is either in superman's class like DC says she is, or she is an ant next to him, like DC has actyally shown multiple times. Which goes to prove that the best DC and WB can usually do with her, is give us lipservice. When the push comes to shove, they don't put their money where their mouth is, otherwise they would actually show Diana performing feats that prove she is indeed as powerful as they usually claim her to be.

Mighty Member

Take several deep breaths guy. You clearly have an issue with Aquaman being near Wonderwoman strength wise, but thatÂ’s a personal problem for you to deal with.
    Wrong, i don't truly care at all if DC truly decides to bring Aquaman into the Kryptonian and strong Green Lantern tier without misusing Wonder Woman for that, but they clearly don't do that so far.

Im not knocking Wonderwoman down
    IÂ’m dragging Aquaman back from the ridiculous depths people have pushed him into.
    But it sounded a lot like you did, and it also sounds pretty questionable to say that you drag Aquaman back from the ridiculous depths people have pushed him to in the context of you beforehand saying Aquam should be definitively in that Wonderwoman level of strength by now, but i have to admit i have reacted too harshly because of the link to an utterly ridiculous Aquaman vs Wonder Woman comment on quora in which Wonder Woman got lowballed to an extreme degree i had adressed earlier in the thread.

Like Thing level strength? Seriously? Sure heÂ’s not a one to one comparison to Wonderwoman but comparing him to Hawkman or Spider-Man? Just no.
    The Thing reaches quite often into the lower 100+ class level and is closer to Aquaman than Aquaman is to a not jobbing Wonder Woman or Superman to be honest, and just 1 person said that Aquaman is in the broad neighbourhood of Hawkman or Spider-Man, anyone else including me said that he is much stronger than these.

I would be totally fine with DC following a ranking like: Superman is physically the strongest, Wonder Woman remembers that she is supposed to be highly skilled and can fight faster than Superman but is a step below in physical strength, Orion has his Astro Force to compensate and is another step below, and Aquaman gets truly upgraded to Orion's level and maybe even gets something to compensate against Superman.
    But that is unfortunately not what DC is doing, and it has been just an absolute mess since Flashpoint.

They had Superman often perform quite solidly, but with interruptions where he didn't do anything impressive at all.

Wonder Woman barely remembered that she is skilled for the most part, and did for far too long periods nothing impressive at all except fighting strong people now and then, but had several interruptions where DC actually remembered who she is and her performance spiked.

Orion did not appear very often, but performed quite solidly for the most part.

And Aquaman is the only 1 who got more impressive since Flashpoint, but his fight performances against Wonder Woman or Superman are merely an empty promise, because outside of such fights he basically never truly performed at that level.