Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Wrong, i don't truly care at all if DC truly decides to bring Aquaman into the Kryptonian and strong Green Lantern tier without misusing Wonder Woman for that, but they clearly don't do that so far.

But it sounded a lot like you did, and it also sounds pretty questionable to say that you drag Aquaman back from the ridiculous depths people have pushed him to in the context of you beforehand saying Aquam should be definitively in that Wonderwoman level of strength by now, but i have to admit i have reacted too harshly because of the link to an utterly ridiculous Aquaman vs Wonder Woman comment on quora in which Wonder Woman got lowballed to an extreme degree i had adressed earlier in the thread.

The Thing reaches quite often into the lower 100+ class level and is closer to Aquaman than Aquaman is to a not jobbing Wonder Woman or Superman to be honest, and just 1 person said that Aquaman is in the broad neighbourhood of Hawkman or Spider-Man, anyone else including me said that he is much stronger than these.

I would be totally fine with DC following a ranking like: Superman is physically the strongest, Wonder Woman remembers that she is supposed to be highly skilled and can fight faster than Superman but is a step below in physical strength, Orion has his Astro Force to compensate and is another step below, and Aquaman gets truly upgraded to Orion's level and maybe even gets something to compensate against Superman.
    But that is unfortunately not what DC is doing, and it has been just an absolute mess since Flashpoint.

They had Superman often perform quite solidly, but with interruptions where he didn't do anything impressive at all.

Wonder Woman barely remembered that she is skilled for the most part, and did for far too long periods nothing impressive at all except fighting strong people now and then, but had several interruptions where DC actually remembered who she is and her performance spiked.

Orion did not appear very often, but performed quite solidly for the most part.

And Aquaman is the only 1 who got more impressive since Flashpoint, but his fight performances against Wonder Woman or Superman are merely an empty promise, because outside of such fights he basically never truly performed at that level.
    It’s all good. I personally see Superman as physically stronger than Wonderwoman but she’s close enough in strength with her fighting skills that’s a close matchup. Aquaman is also not physically stronger than Diana but his dense body allows him to soak more damage so I also think that’s a closer fight than it’s been made out to be. I don’t think he can or should be able to beat her but they’ve been much closer in power levels than I think people realize. He doesn’t just get a random blow here and there either with Superman and Wonderwoman. Strength feats aside (though I think people underestimate the weight of ships and subs, he also held up a sinking city) but go back to JL first arc. None of the other leaguers could hurt Darkseid but Wonderwoman and Aquaman both were able to slug it out with him for a bit AND blind him. He’s fought and defeated DC’s Hercules (got Wonderwoman’s respect for that too).

Taking an absolute shot in the dark here from what I've read here and there, please don't judge me...LOL. Anyone I forgot? Any way we can accurately list the strongest?

1. Superman
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Martian Manhunter
    4. Black Adam
    5. Shazam
    6. Supergirl
    7. Lobo
    8. Aquaman
    9. Mary Marvel
    10.Power Girl
    Last edited by Cap808; 07-07-2023 at 05:09 PM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    It’s all good. I personally see Superman as physically stronger than Wonderwoman but she’s close enough in strength with her fighting skills that’s a close matchup. Aquaman is also not physically stronger than Diana but his dense body allows him to soak more damage so I also think that’s a closer fight than it’s been made out to be. I don’t think he can or should be able to beat her but they’ve been much closer in power levels than I think people realize. He doesn’t just get a random blow here and there either with Superman and Wonderwoman. Strength feats aside (though I think people underestimate the weight of ships and subs, he also held up a sinking city) but go back to JL first arc. None of the other leaguers could hurt Darkseid but Wonderwoman and Aquaman both were able to slug it out with him for a bit AND blind him. He’s fought and defeated DC’s Hercules (got Wonderwoman’s respect for that too).
    Wonder Woman should be in Superman's class based on statements. But based on feats and actual battles, DC portrays her as much weaker. And her superior skills never made any difference in all the battles where superman, mongul, doomsday etc destroyed her easily. Also she should not be less durable than Aquaman. But since she is forever doomed in a company as sexist as DC/WB, we can't expect much from her performances anymore. 11 of mostly underwhelming feats pove it.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    Taking an absolute shot in the dark here from what I've read here and there, please don't judge me...LOL. Anyone I forgot? Any way we can accurately list the strongest?

1. Superman
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Martian Manhunter
    4. Black Adam
    5. Shazam
    6. Supergirl
    7. Lobo
    8. Aquaman
    9. Mary Marvel
    10.Power Girl
    Why should Mary be weaker than billy, and powergirl weaker than Supergirl?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    Great questions, neither of which I have answers for. Just pure assumptions on my part.

Is Mary just as strong as Billy in the comics? And are Supergirl and Power Girl the same? Again, I'll admit my ignorance on this.

I mean if you want an answer. Mary gets her strength from Hippolyta and Billy gets his from Hercules who is physically the strongest of the gods.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    Great questions, neither of which I have answers for. Just pure assumptions on my part.

Is Mary just as strong as Billy in the comics? And are Supergirl and Power Girl the same? Again, I'll admit my ignorance on this.
    There is no list that will ever satisfy everyone

Wonder Woman should be in Superman's class based on statements. But based on feats and actual battles, DC portrays her as much weaker. And her superior skills never made any difference in all the battles where superman, mongul, doomsday etc destroyed her easily. Also she should not be less durable than Aquaman. But since she is forever doomed in a company as sexist as DC/WB, we can't expect much from her performances anymore. 11 of mostly underwhelming feats pove it.
    In his class as in can hang sure, but Superman is and should always be top dog. She's had pretty good showings against Superman in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    In his class as in can hang sure, but Superman is and should always be top dog. She's had pretty good showings against Superman in the past.
    That WW (and Cap and Martian Manhunter) is in Superman's class is well documented. Pre-Crisis. Post Crisis. Post IC. And in WW's case, physical dominance
    relative any superman literally is a part of her original design and she was the first of the genre for whom that was true. Any assertion otherwise is pure wishful thinking and fanboy coping.

I think that, just matched strength to strength, Superman far outweighs Aquaman. But in combat, I could see situations where Aquaman could conceivably lay Superman out via superior fighting skills, catching him unawares, just scoring a lucky punch, or any combination thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I think that, just matched strength to strength, Superman far outweighs Aquaman. But in combat, I could see situations where Aquaman could conceivably lay Superman out via superior fighting skills, catching him unawares, just scoring a lucky punch, or any combination thereof.
    Wow, has Superman fallen that far down the rankings??

After all, this (Superman) is the guy that used to be able to take Batman, as long as he was given enough prep time.

Extraordinary Member

This came out a few years ago.

@tifalockhart said:
    Here's from Volume 1 which I recently purchased. Agree? Disagree? Feedback is appreciated.

Amazo - 19

Ambush Bug - 0

Aquaman - 10

Ares - 16

Atom Smasher - 15/5*

Atomic Skull - 12

Atrocitus - 10

Big Barda - 15

Bizarro - 19

Black Adam - 19

Blackfire - 10

Blockbuster - 10

Blue Devil - 11

Booster Gold - 10

Brainiac - 13

Plasmus - 10

Captain Atom - 15

Captain Comet - 11

Captain Marvel - 19

Mary Marvel - 17

CM3 - 17

Chemo - 18

Colossal Boy - 14/2*

Superwoman - 16

Ultraman - 19

The Barracuda - 10

The White Martian - 16

Cyborg Superman - 19

Darkseid - 18

Granny Goodness - 11

Kalibak - 14

The Demon - 10 [My biggest entry to which I object, and also why I included 10 strength and less this time around]

Despero - 18

Doctor Fate - 10

Doomsday - 20

Elasti-Woman - 12/0*

Negative Man - 9/1*

Robotman - 10

Eclipso - 13

Eradicator - 19

Validus - 20

Mammoth - 14

The General - 18

General Zod - 18

Ursa - 17

Non - 20

Geo-Force - 13

Giganta - 16/4*

Gorilla Grodd - 9

Hourman (Rick Tyler) - 9/3*

Jemm - 12

Blackbriar Thorn - 2/14*

Isis - 16

Osiris - 16

Citizen Steel - 16

Kestrel - 9

Killer Croc - 10
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...-villa-673697/

Extraordinary Member

DC Strength ratings (DC Adventures: Heroes and Villains Vol. 2)

@tifalockhart said:
    Here they are. Do you take issue with any? Why or why not?

Mon-el = 18

Lobo = 16

Major Force = 17

Martian Manhunter = 16

Miss Martian = 14

Monarch = 20 (!)

Mongul = 14

Orion = 16

Power Girl = 17

Sabbac = 18

Solomon Grundy = 18

Spectre = 16 (?)

Starro = 14

Superboy = 15

Supergirl = 15

Superman = 19

Donna Troy = 15

Ultra Boy = 2/17

Wonder Girl = 14

Wonder Woman = 16
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...-villa-673697/

Extraordinary Member

Superman
    Super-Strength
    Superman has the ability to physically lift impossibly massive amounts of weight. Superman's strength easily surpasses the Class 100 strength level (this is the ability to lift over 100 tons under normal conditions) which is the ability to lift in excess of 100 tons with little effort at all, and has no known limit. Superman's strength is aided in lifting/supporting the most massive objects--especially when flying--by the bio-electric force field his body produces.
    His strength is usually portrayed the same way as most other characters in the Class 100 tier, but his high-end showings indicate his might may be well in excess of planetary levels. While the limits of Superman's strength vary from writer to writer, he is commonly considered in-universe to be one of the most powerful beings on Earth, with some even considering him to be the most powerful. The problem is Superman is dependent on solar radiation. If you drain solar radiation his strength drops. He needs to recharge his powers.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/superman/4005-1807/

Black Adam
    New 52 / DC Rebirth Powers
    Supernatural Strength: Black Adam has the strength of the Gods, making him far stronger than any human and most superhumans and putting him on equal terms with the likes of Superman and Ultraman. His most impressive demonstration of strength shows when he along with Sinestro, moved Prime Earth's moon [roughly 73,430,000,000,000,000,000 tonnes] back into orbit suggesting he has near limitless strength. As such Teth Adam can easily lift and toss around vehicles and take full-grown men apart limb from limb and physically dismantle battle attested rigs like tanks or army jeeps with little to no effort. Knocking around Ultraman and a mystically empowered Alex Luther around with a punch with moderate exertion, though his upper limits are still undisclosed. Ultraman is not the only Superman-level threat Adam's dealt with, either. When he was a Yellow Lantern, he managed to punch the spit out of a superior, amped Mongul. And once his ring was charged an extra hundred percent, they were placed on even ground and Adam pummeled him with ease. In Doomsday Clock, it was implied that Adam punched Superman through multiple buildings and down a street.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/black-adam/4005-4916/

Wonder Woman
    Her level of super strength (as granted to her by Demeter) is comparable to that of the Earth itself (as this is where she derives her powers). She is on the same strength level with the strongest other DC’s characters including Superman and Captain Marvel. Thus, she is capable of lifting/carrying thousands of tons with minimal effort. It is generally accepted that she is a notch below Superman. Wonder Woman was even able to take on Powergirl in a hand to hand fight while trying to free her from mind-control. Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel were an even match when they fought. On one occasion she even used her massive strength to move the Earth (though this was under duress and aided by Superman and the Martian Manhunter.) With the launch of the new 52 Wonder Woman showed a new strength level while fighting a God, she removes her bracelets and goes into a "berzerker rage" of power, which originally allegorical to a person losing control to their destructive Ego. We then find out that Wonder Woman's bracelets are what protects her opponents from her intense power. Wonder Woman had a quick match with Supergirl where we found out that they are close in strength, Wonder Woman over powered Supergirl with her bracelets still on.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/wonder-woman/4005-2048/

Martian Manhunter
    Super Strength - Martian Manhunter is one of the strongest heroes on Earth, with strength comparable to Superman. J'onn along with Superman was able to move one of Brainiac's ships away from Earth; the ship in question dwarfed the planet with its size and was hurtling towards the Earth at 36,000 miles/hour. J'onn has also shattered Earth's moon with his strength.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/marti...ter/4005-2047/
    Supergirl
    Super Strength: The exact magnitude of Supergirl's strength is unknown, she was easily able to knock down armored weaponized robots only with minimal strain and when she hits Superman, it actually hurts him and he notes that he's never been hit that hard before. She can lift 100 tons with minimal effort.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/supergirl/4005-2351/

Icon
    Superhuman Strength: Icon possesses vast strength due to the maximization of his DNA and alien heritage. He can lift over 100 tons effortlessly. Due to his alien heritage and the maximization of his potential as a human being, he has near limitless strength shown to at least be equal to Superman. At one point, he punched Superman out of the Watchtower 50ft into space. Later, Superman admitted that nobody including Darkseid EVER hit him that hard.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/icon/4005-47395/
    Billy Batson
    H for Hercules
    H is for the strength of Hercules, strongest of the gods. Billy is empowered with Hercules' nearly limitless superhuman-strength which is often compared to that of Superman. As such, Captain Marvel's strength is of the highest level and is sufficiently vast enough that it enables him to lift/move unbelievably massive and/or heavy objects possibly on a planetary scale or higher with little effort.
    Superhuman Strength: Captain Marvel has the ability to lift well over 100 tons with minimal effort and has battled top tier beings such as Superman, Wonder Woman and Black Adam. Captain Marvel has stalemated Superman in an arm wrestling contest and has at least matched Wonder Woman in raw strength. The limits, if there actually are any, of Captain Marvel's strength are unknown.

New 52
    Supernatural Strength: The Wizard told Billy that he has the strength of a 'demigod' which makes him far stronger than any human and makes him equal with the likes of other demigods like Hercules. He has demonstrated his strength by lifting vehicles with little to no effort and pushed a man several meters before he crashed into a car while he said he never meant to hit him that hard, and knocking Superman and Wonder Woman down with a punch (though they stood up later). His upper limit are still unknown.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/billy-batson/4005-2350/

Pedro Peña is suppose to be stronger then shazam from what i read and heard a few years ago.
    One of the kids that together fuse in Captain Thunder. Pedro is given the strength of Hercules and is one of the six members of the S!H!A!Z!A!M! team

Mary Marvel
    In the golden age pre-Crisis stories Mary’s powers come from a different group of gods than Billy’s. Mary’s powers are from a group of goddesses (these are depicted as goddesses even though all are not – Zephyrus is a male, and Hippolyate is not divine):
    Hippolyta, for great Strength
    In post Crisis stories they come from the same group of heroes and in fact share the power, so that when both are transformed they are at half strength (though they are so powerful this is of mostly negligible importance):
    Hercules, for great Strength
    H is for the strength of Hercules, depicted as strongest of the gods. Mary is empowered with Hercules' nearly limitless superhuman-strength which is often compared to and rivals that of Superman. As such, Mary Marvel's strength is of the highest level and is sufficiently vast enough that it enables her to lift/move unbelievably massive and/or heavy objects possibly on a planetary scale or higher with little effort. Mary often attempts to use only as much force as is necessary so is not often seen moving objects of a planetary scale accomplishing such tasks are well within her abilities.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/mary-marvel/4005-2356/
    Last edited by mace11; 07-09-2023 at 06:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Aquaman
    Aquaman possesses great superhuman strength sufficient to lift and throw a 50 ton tank, or punch a hole in a submerged submarine. It is generally accepted that Arthur can easily lift well over 100 tons, as is evident when he pushed a tectonic plate downward onto a sub-aquatic trench in Aquaman Vol.1, Issue #4. He also towed a boat with the waves pushing down onto it in Aquaman #7, and sucker punched Superman in Justice League #16. Even before the New 52 he is depicted carrying really massive objects that have tremendous amounts of weight, such as an oil rig platform and a city block of Sub-Diego (as shown in picture) which both weigh hundreds of tons. His strength enables him to demolish through anything from thick wood to heavy metal and would take reinforced barriers to have a chance of slowing him down. Aquaman's strength is on a category that allows him to defeat and hold his own in a physical fights against brute powerhouse characters like Olympian, Slig, Wonder Woman, Triton, Lobo and Superboy.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/aquaman/4005-2357/

Aquaman (Arthur Curry)
    Superhuman Strength: Aquaman's super-Atlantean status enables him to lift insurmountable amounts of weight, for instance towing around fishing boats while tidal waves were crashing down upon them.[19] He is capable of knocking the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman several dozen feet away with singular blows,[179] lifting a 160000 ton Sea Liner barehanded,[25] and lifting and throwing a sunken cargo ship.[32][33] Some of his greatest feats of might include pushing a tectonic plate over the entrance to the trench's lair,[180] and matching the legendary Hercules blow for blow.[181][57]
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Aquaman_(Arthur_Curry)

Maxima
    Super Strength
    Maxima possesses a level of superhuman strength that puts her in Wonder Woman's and Superman's class; she routinely exhibits the ability to lift/press thousands of tons with minimal effort. In addition, her psionic abilities allow her to further augment her physical prowess beyond those in her tier. During Doomsday's first battle with the Justice League, other than Superman, Maxima was the only other League member able to trade blows with the creature.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/maxima/4005-10034/