Astonishing Member

Default Ultimate Universe returns - How about Ultimate Peter Parker?

With the Ultimate Universe in its way to officially returning, I'm quite interested to see more of the Ultimate version of Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

I mean, the last time we saw him was in the "Spider-Men 2", when 616's Miles Morales went to the Ultimate Universe. By the look of it, he was in an official relationship with Mary Jane, his life was stable once more, and it seems his clone (Jessica Drew" had become something like his "sister".

Also, in the promo covers of "Ultimate Universe", one of the shadows behind Captain America, Iron Man and Thor seems to be Spider-Man himself.

There are some plots that were never solved in the Ultimate Universe that I want to see solved, and that's why I don't want this reality being "rebooted", but continue where we left it. For me, the most interesting plot was about Mary Jane possibly not being cured of the OZ that turned her into the DemoGoblin.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Well...seeing as how that the new Ultimate Universe is a completely separate universe or at the very least a rebooted Earth-1610, I don't think they'll be following up on any plot threads from the old Ultimate comics.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

No thank you. His return was a miss for me, and my two least fave Bendis volumes of Ultimate.

Or, if they *have to* bring him back, time-skip to where he's a different, more interesting character

Judging by everything we've heard, this is probably a full on reboot, so I doubt that we're going to see that version of Ultimate Peter ever again.

That said, I do think they'll carry over some things from the old universe into the new one. My main hope is that they somehow keep Ultimate Jessica. I miss her a lot she's the one thing they should've brought over with Miles instead of Jimmy Hudson or w/e

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Well...seeing as how that the new Ultimate Universe is a completely separate universe or at the very least a rebooted Earth-1610, I don't think they'll be following up on any plot threads from the old Ultimate comics.
    It's not Earth-1610 at all, it's Earth-6160.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Peter is my favorite Peter so I'd be down with seeing how an adult version would've turned out.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Browsed Ultimate Invasion #1 in shop..well, jumped to last page cliffhanger..it concerns Peter Parker...prepare to be shocked/intrigued...

spoilers:
    I think Peter is still gonna end up becoming Spider-Man in the end.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I agree, there's absolutely no way they're relaunching the Ultimate Line and not having Spider-Man in it, 0% chance. I'm excited about having a new Young Peter Parker to follow though, especially with the current state of ASM. I wonder how different his inevitable book will be to the original series, because that's the gold standard for a young Spider-Man book. Topping that won't be easy.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It would be interesting if Peter gets his powers from a different spider, giving him abilities not found in his 616 counterpart's arsenal of abilities.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's not Earth-1610 at all, it's Earth-6160.
    Yeah, I know that now, I didn't know that yesterday.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    So, why the heck call it "Ultimate Universe" if it's not the Ultimate Universe?

That said, if they did a non-OMD-verse Spider-Man ongoing about Peter Parker, I'd probably give it a chance, at least/
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    So, why the heck call it "Ultimate Universe" if it's not the Ultimate Universe?

That said, if they did a non-OMD-verse Spider-Man ongoing about Peter Parker, I'd probably give it a chance, at least/
    Brand recognition is the primary reason. There is no Ultimate Universe anymore so Earth-6160 is free to take up the name.

As would I.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

I just want to know the fate of the original Ultimate Universe hope it’s answered in Ultimate Invasion

Mighty Member

I had to think about this for a while, and I decided I don't like it. Lol.

That is to say, I want to be excited for a new version of Spider-Man that could potentially come out of this, but my faith in Marvel is so low right now that I don't have any faith such an adaptation would be good. So like it feels like Spider-Man is so big he should be a part of any new Marvel U but I'm so down on their treatment of him I kinda don't want them to do anything.

I just realized that this is the fourth time we have seen a powerless Peter Parker in the past year or so. Heroes Reborn, End of the Spider-Verse and Spider-Man: The Lost Hunt all featured Peter without his powers. Not that I am complaining. I just thought it was interesting.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 06-22-2023 at 07:18 AM.