Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    they introduced this mystery guy and then dragged the mystery on and on for no other purpose than to make readers wonder. Mistake. When Ditko introduced Green Goblin, you know really quickly who that was. And Romita turned it up to 11, intertwining him and Peter on a personal basis and cementing GG/Norman Osborn as a Spidey villain.

Stern should have done the reveal early in his run. Marvel still would have had its replacement goblin character and it would allow for much more tension and to build up an actual new character who had a double life.
    I won't necessarily say you're wrong (we're talking about paths not taken, stories not written), but one quick counterpoint would be to be point out that maybe a replacement goblin (especially the first replacement) shouldn't unfold just like Norman/Green Goblin. I loved the Hobgoblin mystery part myself, and lots of people love mysteries. Once the reveal happens (and possibly Peter doesn't learn before the reader), then there's an eternity (for a fictional character) to possibly delve into the double life stuff and what not.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-29-2023 at 05:57 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The Kingsley reveal didn't make sense cuz prior to Hobgoblin Lives the Kingsley brothers barely appear. I would've made Hobgoblin be a duo of Richard Fisk and Macendale and make Rose someone else.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

I was never thrilled with Kingsley being Hobby. Fashion designer gone bad just didn't fit. You know who might have been pretty cool to be Hobgoblin- Randy Robertson. I think they could have done alot with him.

The Hobgoblin is really ... (dramatic drum roll here) just a bunch of ducks in a Hobgoblin costume!

... alternatively, it's Fancy Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    And now I understand that Leeds really is the Hobgoblin again, even though he wasn't in Hobgoblin lives. So weird.
    Spencer's Spidey run even comments on how hard it is to keep track of this after Ned is revealed to still be alive lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The Kingsley reveal didn't make sense cuz prior to Hobgoblin Lives the Kingsley brothers barely appear. I would've made Hobgoblin be a duo of Richard Fisk and Macendale and make Rose someone else.
    Funnily enough, after Stern left, DeFalco didn't like the idea of Hobgoblin being Roderick, so instead he was gonna make Hobgoblin be Richard Fisk, while Rose was gonna be Roderick.

I honestly really like this idea, because even under Stern, Roderick being Hobgoblin is kinda lame since he was gonna do the twin switch and all, but Richard Fisk could be pretty cool, and having Roderick as Rose is a compromise to keep him as a villain still.

As far as I've read, the reason why this didn't happen is because Priest decided to be an ass and **** over DeFalco's plans, so DeFalco lied about Ned being actually Hobgoblin, and then Priest killed Ned in Spider-Man vs Wolverine, and then Peter David had to fix it all in ASM#289 (And there's even the blatant contradiction that is Ned being killed by some German guys in Spider-Man vs Wolverine, while in ASM#289 he was killed by Foreigner's soldiers).
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 07-03-2023 at 03:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Spencer's Spidey run even comments on how hard it is to keep track of this after Ned is revealed to still be alive lol.

Funnily enough, after Stern left, DeFalco didn't like the idea of Hobgoblin being Roderick, so instead he was gonna make Hobgoblin be Richard Fisk, while Rose was gonna be Roderick.

I honestly really like this idea, because even under Stern, Roderick being Hobgoblin is kinda lame since he was gonna do the twin switch and all, but Richard Fisk could be pretty cool, and having Roderick as Rose is a compromise to keep him as a villain still.

As far as I've read, the reason why this didn't happen is because Priest decided to be an ass and **** over DeFalco's plans, so DeFalco lied about Ned being actually Hobgoblin, and then Priest killed Ned in Spider-Man vs Wolverine, and then Peter David had to fix it all in ASM#289 (And there's even the blatant contradiction that is Ned being killed by some German guys in Spider-Man vs Wolverine, while in ASM#289 he was killed by Foreigner's soldiers).
    I'm surpised that nobody has used Roderick as a villain for the Wasp considering his fashion background.

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    I'm surpised that nobody has used Roderick as a villain for the Wasp considering his fashion background.
    That could be interesting, but does Janet even have her own adventures to get a villain like him without the other Avengers getting involved?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That could be interesting, but does Janet even have her own adventures to get a villain like him without the other Avengers getting involved?
    That what mini-series are for!