Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Look we all know Marvel's slogan you don't have to drill it into us company man.

Seriously I hated all clone stories for most of my life purely because of that series. Tragedy of an ending.

Poorly received stories do have an effect. We never got another Carlie Cooper. They never had Peter hook up with anyone after the Michelle thing (and walked that back to an unreasonable degree). I'd say we didn't get another sidekick attempt after Alpha but Slott still seems stuck on it with Spider-Boy. And this should make them think twice about breaking them up. Maybe they'll still do it, maybe they just won't let them progress and waste more time, but it's a further backing into a corner. It's like they don't believe the stories will be bad until they actually print them and everyone calls it bad. I literally was saying this stuff twelve years ago (as were others, of course) to Slott and Wacker but instead we had to waste another decade of Spider-Man on this crap.

But...rant aside, the time thing is important to remember. Amongst his other flaws Wells is an incredibly decompressed writer. DL was a two issue story spread to six. Whether it's good or bad I guarantee he'll be dealing with MJ again, and "soon" in the sense that she's just a few issues away and only a couple stories. But it's a comic book that only comes out once every three weeks and so that's three months away. ANd like I said i don't expect answers until the very end of his run, which means we're basically another 9 months away from getting any MJ resolution. And that sucks, but it's better to get that expectation in our heads now so we know that these other issues are probably not important (though they could make it worse which is why I can't quite just ignore everything).
    Curious to hear your thoughts on my Head canon

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Curious to hear your thoughts on my Head canon
    Whoops, didn't finish, lol.

I think giving them a reason to do OMD is a clever work around, but I also think you're just giving up too much of Spider-Man's story with that idea (not to mention making it not grounded at all). THere's lots of stuff after teh Clone Saga that's great, and losing THAT much is really unnecessary. I've even been able to explain away MJ's awful "I know I've been isolated for months but I want to continue to be isolated right now" decision before the JMS run at this point so really it's just the post OMD stuff (and honestly even some of that isnt' terrible) that I'd be willing to get taken out. Though of course it does fix the time thing, but we can fix that a few ways, honestly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Whoops, didn't finish, lol.

I think giving them a reason to do OMD is a clever work around, but I also think you're just giving up too much of Spider-Man's story with that idea (not to mention making it not grounded at all). THere's lots of stuff after teh Clone Saga that's great, and losing THAT much is really unnecessary. I've even been able to explain away MJ's awful "I know I've been isolated for months but I want to continue to be isolated right now" decision before the JMS run at this point so really it's just the post OMD stuff (and honestly even some of that isnt' terrible) that I'd be willing to get taken out. Though of course it does fix the time thing, but we can fix that a few ways, honestly.
    I get the not grounded bit, it's a work in progress. I figured it would be a way to reset Peter and MJ back to the marriage without getting rid of all the work to the rest of Peter's world. Oh and what I do with JJJ is that I have him pretend not to know who Spider-Man really is when the real Peter comes back so that he has a constant in the changed world.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/06/21/ex...man-33-and-34/
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #33
    ZEB WELLS (W) • PATRICK GLEASON (A)

Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.

SPIDER-MAN’S FIRST HUNT!

• The hunter is now the prey.

• Can Kraven survive?

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #34
    ZEB WELLS (W) • PATRICK GLEASON (A)

Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.

SPIDER-MAN’S HUNT CONTINUES!

• Who is Peter’s next victim?

• The penultimate chapter of a story you’ll never forget!

Looks like GG is coming back
    Something's weird here. According to some info "leaked", this arc should reach to issue #38. I wonder what's going to happen between issues #36, #37 and #38 then.

The next arc is titled "Gang War", and kinda worries me how much are we going to wait until the whole mess with the Emmissary makes an "unexpected return".

By the way, I know better than anyone to trust solicitations, but by the look of them, something tells me Peter MIGHT be infected by Norman's sins (Queen Goblin tried to transfer them into Peter) and unleashed decades of buried rage. That really scares me!!! I mean, do you have any idea how much rage must have buried Peter inside of him after more than 60 years? We had an example of that in "Spider's Shadow".

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Something's weird here. According to some info "leaked", this arc should reach to issue #38. I wonder what's going to happen between issues #36, #37 and #38 then.

The next arc is titled "Gang War", and kinda worries me how much are we going to wait until the whole mess with the Emmissary makes an "unexpected return".

By the way, I know better than anyone to trust solicitations, but by the look of them, something tells me Peter MIGHT be infected by Norman's sins (Queen Goblin tried to transfer them into Peter) and unleashed decades of buried rage. That really scares me!!! I mean, do you have any idea how much rage must have buried Peter inside of him after more than 60 years? We had an example of that in "Spider's Shadow".
    hes dead and i hope he remains that way for a long time
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member

Just curious where did the leaks come from?/ where can I find them?
    Last edited by blank; 06-26-2023 at 09:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    hes dead and i hope he remains that way for a long time
    This is comics, you should know better. Besides, the Emissary said he could warp time and space, so who says there can't be a "Time Travel" issue around here?

Quote Originally Posted by blank View Post
    Just curious where did the leaks come from?/ where can I find them?
    It was a russian website, but it's no longer in it. Just search with Google "Amazing Spider-Man Vol 10 by Zeb Wells" and you can find something.

Spectacular Member

This is comics, you should know better. Besides, the Emissary said he could warp time and space, so who says there can't be a "Time Travel" issue around here?
    Unless the twist is Paul is Benjamin/the Emissary of the dead world(because the Rabin they are fighting is from the 616 not his dimension) making Wells’ story an almost exact ripoff of Avengers #200.

It was a russian website, but it's no longer in it. Just search with Google "Amazing Spider-Man Vol 10 by Zeb Wells" and you can find something.
    Unfortunately it seems like it was wiped from the net(couldn’t find anything on google).
    Last edited by blank; 06-26-2023 at 09:59 PM.