Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Evil Peter is pretty much the natural progression (degradation) of where the book has been heading. Every character has been systematically ruined since not just the beginning of the current run...but since OMD in general. Now the fall to the darkside will be complete.

Mighty Member

Hey on the bright side Peter will suddenly be able to beat a bad guy on his own! With the power of somehow getting Norman's sins from Queen Goblin.

If this comic was written in 1990 he'd overcome it with the power of love, but since it's a Wells comic in 2023 Norman will take the Sins back to save Peter. Somehow. So he beats Kraven half to death in 33, Norman fights him and loses in 34, Norman figures out how to get his Sins back and takes them from Peter in 35. There's probably a scene in there somewhere where MJ wants to talk to Sin Peter but he calls her a b-word and leaves.

To be possibly optimistic if this whole run is supposed to be this giant rock bottom to king of the world story this would appear to be rock bottom so maybe the next issues will be better? I dunno. I am content to mock them from afar until MJ is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    So...I am guessing Peter ends up taking in Norman's sins and goes on a supervillain murder spree?
    Not "murder" so much as 'serious maim' but be stopped at the last second by random plot but otherwise yes that's exactly what this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Didn't he get hit by the goblin gaze in gold goblin issue 5?
    She attempted to do so but Norman 'killed' her to stop her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    The solicitations from last time did say that this was the "Darkest Arc" so, I am certain that Beyond on steroids is what we are getting. Well...what
    people who actually buy 616 Peter comics are getting, I don't waste money on bad comic books.
    Co-signed. Not even reading for free Wells comics. Why? Not worth getting angry and frustrated over. Wells sucks and I am not considering reading let alone buying one comic until he leaves the book.

[QUOTE=Coop;6510202]I'm so sick of the black suit being trotted it out for every Kraven story. I love the look but this is such hack material especially after Spencer doing it during his not so great Kraven story. We got it the black suit was What he was buried in during the last hunt we got it stop reminding us the stories that are 10 times better than the ones that have been published in the last decade It's not a favorable comparison.As for why Peter has the black suit because in October Spider-Man will be in a video game wearing the black suit fighting Kraven in a game that will be played, and talked about, by several million more people than even glance at the cover of the comic[/QUOTE]

The truth, and nothing but the truth. I blame Back in Black\Spider-Man 3 for the black suit's "edgy" iconography being set in stone the way it is now. Alas

Interesting discourse about Norman's sins. I think Peter being driven off his rocker but Otto and Kraven is likelier. Dark Pete rises, indeed

Wasn't this supposed to be Peter's good year? And now he's going all gritty and predatory with the Black Suit again.

I guess that's probably a Spidey Wells is more interested in writing.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

[QUOTE=Alex_Of_X;6510442]
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I'm so sick of the black suit being trotted it out for every Kraven story. I love the look but this is such hack material especially after Spencer doing it during his not so great Kraven story. We got it the black suit was What he was buried in during the last hunt we got it stop reminding us the stories that are 10 times better than the ones that have been published in the last decade It's not a favorable comparison.As for why Peter has the black suit because in October Spider-Man will be in a video game wearing the black suit fighting Kraven in a game that will be played, and talked about, by several million more people than even glance at the cover of the comic[/QUOTE]

The truth, and nothing but the truth. I blame Back in Black\Spider-Man 3 for the black suit's "edgy" iconography being set in stone the way it is now. Alas

Interesting discourse about Norman's sins. I think Peter being driven off his rocker but Otto and Kraven is likelier. Dark Pete rises, indeed
    You could go further back with TAS in the 90s establishing that the black suit literally makes Peter darker and edgier.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Watch them try and have a Black Suit Peter vs Miles issue to piggyback off the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    Evil Peter is pretty much the natural progression (degradation) of where the book has been heading. Every character has been systematically ruined since not just the beginning of the current run...but since OMD in general. Now the fall to the darkside will be complete.
    *sigh* Indeed

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member

Out of curiosity, does Queen Goblin also possess the memories of what Osborn did or does she just possess his evil nature that caused his sins?

Other than that wtf is going on in the editorial/Wells' heads, with them pulling even more weird bullcrap, considering how poorly their need for weird bullcrap to torture Peter has been received.
    Last edited by blank; 06-21-2023 at 09:37 PM.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

It seems like not even Kraven remembers that he’s not actually the real Kraven and is a clone lol, this is why I wish it was addressed during Beyond because it was Clone Kravens’ first appearance since Spencer’s run, I wanted Ben and Kraven to relate to each other since they were both clones of someone they were emulating but it was never addressed.

BANNED

Evil Spider-Man sounds about right, Peter has been on a downward spiral this entire run.

Maybe Evil Spidey will actually beat a bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    It seems like not even Kraven remembers that he’s not actually the real Kraven and is a clone lol, this is why I wish it was addressed during Beyond because it was Clone Kravens’ first appearance since Spencer’s run, I wanted Ben and Kraven to relate to each other since they were both clones of someone they were emulating but it was never addressed.
    Seems to me that was the entire idea.

Put Kraven back in the ground for the people who worship Kraven's Last Hunt but also have a recognizable Kraven around and then never mention it again.

Besides, they'd probably give you some BS about how clone-Kraven consumed Kraven's essence and thus is Kraven, so they can have their Kraven and eat it too.

OHOHOHOHO

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    Evil Spider-Man sounds about right, Peter has been on a downward spiral this entire run.

Maybe Evil Spidey will actually beat a bad guy.
    This is how we finally kill Paul! Evil!Spidey chases him through New York like TAS Spidey and Shocker, lmfao

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaydayStan View Post
    This is how we finally kill Paul! Evil!Spidey chases him through New York like TAS Spidey and Shocker, lmfao
    ....this is kind of a legitimate story point.

Like, we're getting evil Peter Parker, ok, fine. what does Evil Peter Parker want? I mean presumably he wants the same thing that normal Peter Parker does but without the morals, eh? (I mean that doesn't make a lot of sense why he would fight crime but....) So what does Peter want? Mary Jane. Who is in the way of Mary Jane as far as Peter knows? Paul. Would Norman Osborn let another man stand in the way of the woman he wanted? No.

Sadly I do not think we're getting Peter killing Paul under the influence of Norman's sins. But it would be both dark and make sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    ....this is kind of a legitimate story point.

Like, we're getting evil Peter Parker, ok, fine. what does Evil Peter Parker want? I mean presumably he wants the same thing that normal Peter Parker does but without the morals, eh? (I mean that doesn't make a lot of sense why he would fight crime but....) So what does Peter want? Mary Jane. Who is in the way of Mary Jane as far as Peter knows? Paul. Would Norman Osborn let another man stand in the way of the woman he wanted? No.

Sadly I do not think we're getting Peter killing Paul under the influence of Norman's sins. But it would be both dark and make sense.
    The killing I would like is editorial killing Wells run like they did to Nick Spencer’s run.