Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I'm so sick of the black suit being trotted it out for every Kraven story. I love the look but this is such hack material especially after Spencer doing it during his not so great Kraven story. We got it the black suit was What he was buried in during the last hunt we got it stop reminding us the stories that are 10 times better than the ones that have been published in the last decade It's not a favorable comparison.
    Exactly this!

I know modern writers love a call back and a portion of fans will lap it up every single time, but if I were writing I'd be damn sure I had something incredible, like I expect it to be talked about in 10 years level good, before I made a direct parallel to one of the greatest modern comic books stories.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Seems to me that was the entire idea.

Put Kraven back in the ground for the people who worship Kraven's Last Hunt but also have a recognizable Kraven around and then never mention it again.

Besides, they'd probably give you some BS about how clone-Kraven consumed Kraven's essence and thus is Kraven, so they can have their Kraven and eat it too.

OHOHOHOHO
    Yeah, he's basically just Kraven now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Seems to me that was the entire idea.

Put Kraven back in the ground for the people who worship Kraven's Last Hunt but also have a recognizable Kraven around and then never mention it again.

Besides, they'd probably give you some BS about how clone-Kraven consumed Kraven's essence and thus is Kraven, so they can have their Kraven and eat it too.

OHOHOHOHO
    26c.jpg

Couldn't help myself. Completely laughed at this.

Astonishing Member

Looks like Peter is entering "proactive" mode after Kamala's death.
    Last edited by Sr. Bungle; 06-22-2023 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Sounds about right to me. The character assassination of 616 Pete isn't complete yet so why not go there?
    Well at least now Ben won’t be alone in being villainized. Peter’s a Goblin so maybe Ben can break out the Jackal suit for old time’s sake

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, he's basically just Kraven now.
    And that was the point. We still have Kraven but Kraven is still dead. Works for me.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

hmmm there is a book missing from the solicits

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    hmmm there is a book missing from the solicits
    It looks like Dan Slott's Adjectiveless Spider-Man title has probably been cancelled in order to make way for Superior Spider-Man. Spider-Man #11 is going to be double-sized after all.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    It looks like Dan Slott's Adjectiveless Spider-Man title has probably been cancelled in order to make way for Superior Spider-Man. Spider-Man #11 is going to be double-sized after all.
    When was the last time a secendary Spider-Man title made it to issue 25? Before OMD?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    When was the last time a secendary Spider-Man title made it to issue 25? Before OMD?
    That sounds about right.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Mighty Member

On the one hand I don't understand why Slott keeps getting more chances on the other hand I'm impressed he's able to convince them to get more chances. Like yes he was able to sell on Amazing by hyping up stunts that he pretended were going to have consequence but cmon guys enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    So.....apparently it's Spider-Man/Deadpool from 2019, which had 50! issues.

If we dont' count that because Deadpool then Avenging comes close at 22 issues (probably would have made it if Superior didn't get it canned) but yes at that point we're pre-OMD. Depending on how you count it's either Spec which ended vol 3 in 2005 with #27 or Senssational volume 2 which ended with OMD in November 2007 with issue 41, but Sensational is cheating a bit here because it's continuing its numbering from Marvel Knights 22 issues. Depends on how you feel about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    It seems like not even Kraven remembers that he’s not actually the real Kraven and is a clone lol, this is why I wish it was addressed during Beyond because it was Clone Kravens’ first appearance since Spencer’s run, I wanted Ben and Kraven to relate to each other since they were both clones of someone they were emulating but it was never addressed.
    He was well aware of it in his X-Force arc last year
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 06-22-2023 at 03:24 PM.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    On the one hand I don't understand why Slott keeps getting more chances on the other hand I'm impressed he's able to convince them to get more chances. Like yes he was able to sell on Amazing by hyping up stunts that he pretended were going to have consequence but cmon guys enough is enough.

So.....apparently it's Spider-Man/Deadpool from 2019, which had 50! issues.

If we dont' count that because Deadpool then Avenging comes close at 22 issues (probably would have made it if Superior didn't get it canned) but yes at that point we're pre-OMD. Depending on how you count it's either Spec which ended vol 3 in 2005 with #27 or Senssational volume 2 which ended with OMD in November 2007 with issue 41, but Sensational is cheating a bit here because it's continuing its numbering from Marvel Knights 22 issues. Depends on how you feel about that.
    I forgot that Deadpool/Spider-Man counted as well. You know I think an unspoken effect of OMD on Spider-Man was how it marked a shift in the importance of the secondary titles and just made them matter as much as what's going on in ASM. At least back in the idea they would reference what would happen in the other books. Sure something's get referenced but it doesn't feel like it.

Superior Spiderman = Spider Boy Bailey?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaydayStan View Post
    This is how we finally kill Paul! Evil!Spidey chases him through New York like TAS Spidey and Shocker, lmfao
    I am totally down with this. Bonus points if he shouts "PAAAUUULL!" while doing the chase.