Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    I am totally down with this. Bonus points if he shouts "PAAAUUULL!" while doing the chase.
    Can the whole issue just be Peter killing Paul? Then he makes out with MJ who says "Thank you from freeing me from that monster"

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Can the whole issue just be Peter killing Paul? Then he makes out with MJ who says "Thank you from freeing me from that monster"
    That would be the best. I would buy that, I'd buy the hell out of that.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Superior Spiderman = Spider Boy Bailey?
    If so, equals no buy from me. I'm only interested in reading about a version of Classic Spock (either anti-hero or villainous) no other character and certainly not Bailey.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    I am totally down with this. Bonus points if he shouts "PAAAUUULL!" while doing the chase.
    I do slightly wonder if Evil Spidey will kill Paul simply because my inside sources told me Peter would do something that MJ cannot forgive "while out of his mind". See, I thought 26 was the end of Wells run so I assumed the info was bad but I was wrong d'oh 26 was the hallway point (I guess). Either way, I don't give a **** at this point how the run ends.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    He was well aware of it in his X-Force arc last year
    I mean I don't know why he wouldn't be. Better question would be whether he would even know Reilly was a Clone.

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    I forgot that Deadpool/Spider-Man counted as well. You know I think an unspoken effect of OMD on Spider-Man was how it marked a shift in the importance of the secondary titles and just made them matter as much as what's going on in ASM. At least back in the idea they would reference what would happen in the other books. Sure something's get referenced but it doesn't feel like it.
    I dont' know how unspoken it is. The satellite titles always sold less than the main book (which at times would have been really bad for the reader lol), which is why they just consolodated. They still lost readers, but the 35-40k that buy ASM no matter what could now be milked more effectively. Spinoffs require a happy fanbase I think, which OMD largely precludes. And the decompression doesn't help. Any time I read old comics it makes new ones seem way worse just because of how much that happens in a single issue of the old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Superior Spiderman = Spider Boy Bailey?
    I think this has some possibility. If this book is reacting to what the main book is doing, Peter getting Norman's sins and turning evil could be used as a jump off point for Bailey to do his own thing.

Then again, that book will not sell. So it seems unlikely they would even try it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    That would be the best. I would buy that, I'd buy the hell out of that.
    i mean I would too even though I know the next issue would just be MJ saying she'll hate him forever. Though it would make her eventual forgiving of him slightly funnier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well at least now Ben won’t be alone in being villainized. Peter’s a Goblin so maybe Ben can break out the Jackal suit for old time’s sake
    Don't remind me, poor Ben. They've done him dirty....

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    i mean I would too even though I know the next issue would just be MJ saying she'll hate him forever. Though it would make her eventual forgiving of him slightly funnier.
    Bold of you to assume that Paul's death would even be mentioned next issue.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Sounds like Spider-Man meets Emerald Twilight

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

You all joke about Peter killing Paul, but legit if Peter actually kills someone, anyone, even under the bollocks of magic Goblin Sins, I will consider this the worst run of all time*. That's just something that is flat out bad writing for this character, even if it's hand-waved away by possession.

Currently, it is bad enough that I've stopped reading it (I stopped buying early in Beyond) but still nowhere near as god-awful as the Byrne era or BND for me.

*to this day I have a big problem with Christopher Priest for Spider-Man vs Wolverine, despite his trying to write it as "suicide by cape."
    Last edited by exile001; 06-23-2023 at 05:20 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Bold of you to assume that Paul's death would even be mentioned next issue.
    i mean that's the funniest part of it all. In book it would be treated like a tragedy but the "Paul dies" page would be posted more than the kids disappearing as some grand celebration. The tonal dissonance would be striking.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    You all joke about Peter killing Paul, but legit if Peter actually kills someone, anyone, even under the bollocks of magic Goblin Sins, I will consider this the worst run of all time*. That's just something that is flat out bad writing for this character, even if it's hand-waved away by possession.

Currently, it is bad enough that I've stopped reading it (I stopped buying early in Beyond) but still nowhere near as god-awful as the Byrne era or BND for me.

*to this day I have a big problem with Christopher Priest for Spider-Man vs Wolverine, despite his trying to write it as "suicide by cape."
    i mean i already consider this to be the worst run of all time, so that's no threat from my perspective lol.

In all seriousness though, no I don't want Peter to kill Paul, that doesn't solve the problem. The problem has always been MJ. That's what needs to be fixed and that requires her to do it on her own. Paul is just a representative of the whole situation at this point. He's just a meme.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

i mean that's the funniest part of it all. In book it would be treated like a tragedy but the "Paul dies" page would be posted more than the kids disappearing as some grand celebration. The tonal dissonance would be striking.

i mean i already consider this to be the worst run of all time, so that's no threat from my perspective lol.

In all seriousness though, no I don't want Peter to kill Paul, that doesn't solve the problem. The problem has always been MJ. That's what needs to be fixed and that requires her to do it on her own. Paul is just a representative of the whole situation at this point. He's just a meme.
    This is all your headcanon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    This is all your headcanon.
    I mean that hospital scene is on the page. As is the scene with Peter finding out who Paul is and MJ's behavior there. She needs an excuse for all that.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

I mean that hospital scene is on the page. As is the scene with Peter finding out who Paul is and MJ's behavior there. She needs an excuse for all that.
    is it? It seems like people have moved on because it's ooc behavior

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    is it? It seems like people have moved on because it's ooc behavior
    Some are willing to accept it that way sure. But until it's on the page the fandom is going to be filled with lots of....unwholesome positions on who MJ is what she did.

At this point, I legit would not even be surprised if a corrupted Peter maims/kills Paul, and it causes Mary Jane to hate him even more. That's on-brand for the story so far.