Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

So we're all team Peter Murders Paul in this arc, right? Sounds good? Yeah? Okay, cool. It would definitely be the darkest arc yet and finally give MJ a reason to hate Peter.

I'm getting us all shirts made, this is a thing now. I'm making this a thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    So we're all team Peter Murders Paul in this arc, right? Sounds good? Yeah? Okay, cool. It would definitely be the darkest arc yet and finally give MJ a reason to hate Peter.

MJ will only hate Peter because he beat her to it

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    At this point, I legit would not even be surprised if a corrupted Peter maims/kills Paul, and it causes Mary Jane to hate him even more. That's on-brand for the story so far.
    Oh yes i wasn't actually kidding when I first responded to the idea. Peter killing Paul and MJ hating him for it are 100% on brand with this run's energy. I won't be surprised at all if that's what happens. Though maiming is more likely than actually killing (not that Peter should have difficulty killinga normal person really). The one thing they are somewhat still protective of is Peter and certain lines.

I mean I suppose you gotta extract the entertainment where you can.

Honestly I'll be surprised if MJ and Paul appear at all in any of the future issues.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I'll be surprised if MJ and Paul appear at all in any of the future issues.
    It's interesting this is a somewhat common opinion. It would be sort of funny if they just left her where she was at the end of 26 for a whole year in its ineptitude but I dont' think there's any chance of that. I wouldn't expect to see her until after 31 but I fully expect at least a cameo in these post wedding issues. Not saying we'll get any new information, but they'll show her grieving or something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    It's interesting this is a somewhat common opinion. It would be sort of funny if they just left her where she was at the end of 26 for a whole year in its ineptitude but I dont' think there's any chance of that. I wouldn't expect to see her until after 31 but I fully expect at least a cameo in these post wedding issues. Not saying we'll get any new information, but they'll show her grieving or something.
    I think for me it's more the concern that we won't see her anytime soon. Wells doesn't seem to see updating us on the 2nd main character of this long running franchise as a priority. I figure we'll probably see her, maybe a moment or two, but it really feels like he as a storyteller wants nothing to do with her at this point.

I think for me it's more the concern that we won't see her anytime soon. Wells doesn't seem to see updating us on the 2nd main character of this long running franchise as a priority. I figure we'll probably see her, maybe a moment or two, but it really feels like he as a storyteller wants nothing to do with her at this point.
    Honestly good. When writers don't want to write MJ, they tend to write her bad and she deserves better than that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Honestly good. When writers don't want to write MJ, they tend to write her bad and she deserves better than that.
    Normally I'd agree, better to just writer her out/ignore her if they don't know how to/have no desire to write her.

But in this case, I feel it's absolutely necessary we address MJ's character sooner than later. Right now there's this black cloud hanging over her character, and anything/everything she does going forward is going to be colored by that cloud over her head. This isn't as simple as putting Paul/The Kids in a box and moving forward. She lost faith/cheated on Peter in less than a year of him being gone. She's treated him like garbage, to the point she couldn't even refer to him without getting pissed off, for no good reason. She couldn't even look him in the eye as she emotionally destroyed his whole world. This is beyond OOC writing to just sweep under the rug. It needs to be addressed/fixed immediately so MJ needs to come back ASAP so damage control can be done.

Normally I'd agree, better to just writer her out/ignore her if they don't know how to/have no desire to write her.

But in this case, I feel it's absolutely necessary we address MJ's character sooner than later. Right now there's this black cloud hanging over her character, and anything/everything she does going forward is going to be colored by that cloud over her head. This isn't as simple as putting Paul/The Kids in a box and moving forward. She lost faith/cheated on Peter in less than a year of him being gone. She's treated him like garbage, to the point she couldn't even refer to him without getting pissed off, for no good reason. She couldn't even look him in the eye as she emotionally destroyed his whole world. This is beyond OOC writing to just sweep under the rug. It needs to be addressed/fixed immediately so MJ needs to come back ASAP so damage control can be done.
    going to be tough to do good luck to whoever gotta do that job
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    MJ spontaneously dies and turns out to be a clone

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    that's probably for the best
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    That's if anyone ever does try and fix it. Maybe this is just how Marvel wants MJ to be written from now on.

BND writers and MJ being horribly written. Name a more iconic pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Or a Skrull or a magical duplicate.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

That's if anyone ever does try and fix it. Maybe this is just how Marvel wants MJ to be written from now on.
    Bingo, I think you're right, sadly. They've wanted her gone since at least immediately before OMD (in general terms, so since they attempted to "kill her off" a few years prior to the dastardly deal).
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-24-2023 at 04:46 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."