Default "Snake's Revenge" to be re-released in Metal Gear collection

The Metal Gear Master Collection will not only include ports of Solid 1, 2, 3 and the original MSX Metal Gear I and II, but also will have the NES port of Metal Gear (Which had a dodgy translation, an alternate soundtrack and outdoor areas not in the original version, but was a lot of people's first experience with the series outside Japan) and it's sequel, Snake's Revenge.

Snake's Revenge didn't have any involvement with Kojima although it did prompt him to make his own sequel to Metal Gear with the MSX Metal Gear II, which largely influenced the Solid series with it's narrative about war (Much more complex than the original Metal Gear, which was still very innovative) the first "Cyborg Ninja", an actual fight with the Metal Gear this time etc, plot twists and betrayals, and several other plot beats "Solid" would copy.

Think it was a Western exclusive too, with no Japanese release (Until now).

Snake's Revenge is largely considered to be meh but does have some interesting things like horizontal levels, and sort of predicted things down the line by making Big Boss a Cyborg (Big Boss's double, Venom Snake, would have a Cyborg arm in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain). Solid Snake as a "Martial arts expert" in the intro sounds a bit goofy but the series does eventually focus on Big Boss and Solid Snake himself (eventually) being experts at Close Quarters Combat, although Metal Gear's variation involves knife/gun interplay.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Snake's Revenge was the first "Metal Gear" that I played. I'll admit there were points in the game I didn't know where to go or what I was doing (thankfully, I had Nintendo Power for that!) but I fully enjoyed it.