Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

I enjoyed this issue, Otto’s new tentacles are cool and it’s nice to have JJJ back in ASM. I think Bug has been destroyed in every issue he’s appeared in though lmao, the old tentacles are definitely going to somehow connect to how Superior Spidey comes back, I would love to see Superior Spider-Man vs Doc Ock

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    Don’t suppose you could dm your theory?
    Oh, it's not a big deal or anything. It's just that if it's wrong, it means I'm wrong, lol.

(My theory is Peter somehow takes in Norman's sins.)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    I enjoyed this issue, Otto’s new tentacles are cool and it’s nice to have JJJ back in ASM. I think Bug has been destroyed in every issue he’s appeared in though lmao, the old tentacles are definitely going to somehow connect to how Superior Spidey comes back, I would love to see Superior Spider-Man vs Doc Ock
    peter using docs old arms to beat his new one would be a low blow to Otto
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    peter using docs old arms to beat his new one would be a low blow to Otto
    Or remind Otto that the original arms were his greatest invention

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Or remind Otto that the original arms were his greatest invention
    yeah by beating him down with his old arms
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

???

Otto remembers the Goblin King?

As in...when he was Spider-Man?

As in...when he sacrificed himself to give Peter his body back?

As in...he shouldn't remember it at all???

Did I miss something?!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    ???

Did I miss something?!
    bet Otto post-superior read in the bugle how Norman cleaned his clock lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    ???

Did I miss something?!
    Okay, so bear with me a second.

This Otto comes from a consciousness backup stored in an Octobot. It went and uploaded itself into a clone body during Clone conspiracy, then stole a protoclone with spider-powers, became Superior Octopus, then Superior Spider-Man again, then gave up being Superior Spider-Man to defeat a Norman Osborne, who rubbed it in his nose that he lost to the 616 Norman too, if I recall right. So he's aware of his history with Norman, but he doesn't remember the specifics of anything from Peter's life itself. This has been shown to bother him a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

This Otto comes from a consciousness backup stored in an Octobot. It went and uploaded itself into a clone body during Clone conspiracy, then stole a protoclone with spider-powers, became Superior Octopus, then Superior Spider-Man again, then gave up being Superior Spider-Man to defeat a Norman Osborne, who rubbed it in his nose that he lost to the 616 Norman too, if I recall right. So he's aware of his history with Norman, but he doesn't remember the specifics of anything from Peter's life itself. This has been shown to bother him a lot.
    None of these words are in the bible!!!

Word salad! Plot goop!

God I love superhero comics, lmao. Only here, I swear

I wonder if Wells has decided that Peter doesn't win a single fight throughout his run, and that we don't see any feats from the character either. Spencer's version already seemed quite nerfed to me, but compared to Well's Spidey looked like the Sentry.

Anyway, another issue, another mediocricy delivered. At least the guy's consistent.

Spectacular Member

The problem for me with Wells' Amazing Spider-Man has been that the highs are at best mediocre and the lows have been irredeemable garbage. This issue and the last were mediocre.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    I wonder if Wells has decided that Peter doesn't win a single fight throughout his run, and that we don't see any feats from the character either. Spencer's version already seemed quite nerfed to me, but compared to Well's Spidey looked like the Sentry.

Anyway, another issue, another mediocricy delivered. At least the guy's consistent.
    For real. I think a good editorial mandate would be that once an arc readers should be reminded that this is the Amazing Spider-Man not the Ineffectual Spider-Man or the Simply Present Spider-Man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    For real. I think a good editorial mandate would be that once an arc readers should be reminded that this is the Amazing Spider-Man not the Ineffectual Spider-Man or the Simply Present Spider-Man
    The usual formula for the title should be- Peter gets beat by a villain using a technique he didn't expect. Pete then uses his smarts as way to counteract that and then beat the villain on his own

Here's the thing. That backup was done a good bit before he made his sacrifice. Before Goblin King. It's the choice of words he uses here that don't sit well with me. "I didn't forget what you did to me, Goblin King. What you took from me." That sounds like he distinctly remembers what happened. And in this case, Norman didn't take anything from him except essentially forcing him to give up being Spider-Man. Somehow I don't think he's going through all this just because he can't be Spider-Man anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    At this point I genuinely question what the point of Bug even is when all that ever happens with it is a running gag of it being destroyed. At that point, it’s really not helping Peter nor his reputation of having to be saved by someone every time he faces a villain.

Problem there is that he specifically mentions Goblin King, something that didn’t become a public thing until Goblin Nation. The backup that Otto created of himself however only has information up until Superior Altercations, long before that. So at that point, he’s displaying knowledge he shouldn’t have.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 07-02-2023 at 11:50 AM.