Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Hellfire Gala 2023 #1 Unlettered Preview

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

The FALL OF X is upon us.
    Every year, Krakoa invites the outside world to visit its idyllic shores for the annual Hellfire Gala, an evening of high fashion, festivities, and diplomacy. While mutantkind always promises to make each Hellfire Gala a night unlike any other, this year's event will truly break the paradigm—but not in the way mutantkind may have hoped. This year, the Hellfire Gala becomes Orchis' show.

Written by Gerry Duggan alongside an all-star lineup of artists including Kris Anka, Joshua Cassara, Russell Dauterman, Adam Kubert, Pepe Larraz, R.B. Silva, and Luciano Vecchio, X-MEN: HELLFIRE GALA 2023 #1 launches the FALL OF X, turning mutantkind’s greatest night into their worst nightmare. Now, a first look at the devastating issue offers a fleeting glimpse at all the shocking revelations, stunning betrayals, horrifying tragedy, and impossible deaths to come.

This X-MEN: HELLFIRE GALA 2023 #1 preview opens with a familiar sight: Cyclops and Emma Frost chatting as they hang from the vines of the Treehouse, the X-Men's headquarters in New York City. In the next page, the Stepford Cuckoos oversee the start of the Hellfire Gala, welcoming guests to the island as prominent mutants like Cyclops, Jean Grey, Emma, and Forge look on. One page shows Mystique and Destiny sprinting out of a Krakoan portal, nearly knocking over Kate Pryde on their way, while in another page, the chaos begins.
    Mutantkind immediately leaps to Krakoa's defense, with Psylocke and Magik immediately drawing their swords—but not in enough time to save poor Multiple Man, who gets cut in half. Bishop takes a tumble, while Iceman throws himself at Nimrod, an endlessly adaptable and self-duplicating Sentinel. In another page, Doctor Stasis and the Omega Sentinel cheekily waltz through one of the Krakoan gates as Professor X watches. Finally, Strong Guy delivers a fastball special that sends Kate into the fight.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...t-look-preview
    Last edited by Diammandis; 06-23-2023 at 11:11 AM.
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

Emma doesn’t seem happy. Did Scott spill another krakoan secret?

Jean and Scott are still together?

Oh wow, thanks for posting!

I love Forge's look and his Krakoan cityscape presentation.

Hmm so perhaps Raven and Irene don't escape the gala after all. Poor Madrox dupe.

Glad to see the war captains commander and I love Kwannon's dress (though not loving the mask).

Omega Sentinel herself. Daaaaamn.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Ooooh! I wonder who Kitty is attacking :-)
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Astonishing Member

I’m pretty sure that’s not meant to be Forge’s plan for Krakoa but his plan for providing habitats around the Treehouse to help house the homeless in NY like he was talking about before. Rolling out his proposal for expanding Krakoa’s sharing of its resources. That looks like NY in the vicinity of the Treehouse just with Krakoan flourishes and additions.

Why must they keep baiting me with these Scemma moments. What have I done to deserve this?!

I'm ready for Bobby and Emma to shine.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

it still bothers me that Kwannon claims the butterfly motif in universe.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I’m pretty sure that’s not meant to be Forge’s plan for Krakoa but his plan for providing habitats around the Treehouse to help house the homeless in NY like he was talking about before. Rolling out his proposal for expanding Krakoa’s sharing of its resources. That looks like NY in the vicinity of the Treehouse just with Krakoan flourishes and additions.
    You said it better than I did but exactly what I meant. His Krakoan-style cityscape thingy I should have said.

Astonishing Member

Gotcha. I was just making a distinction between this and his vision of Krakoa when talking to Darwin, mostly because they are similar.

Emma doesn't look happy in the first image. I wonder if its a continuation of their conversation in X-Men or something else.
    Really thought Mystique and Destiny got out, wonder why Mystique turns back. She doesn't look happy there either.
    Looks like this might be the last we see of long haired Captain Kate, gonna miss the look. And I don't see the point in Forge having his shirt open if the ascot is covering it up anyways.

Wonder if we’ll see how Cable gets captured by Orchis in this?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    it still bothers me that Kwannon claims the butterfly motif in universe.
    Because the dress is black I'm calling it a moth.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm slightly torn because I'm happy he's doing his presentation but I also wanted to see him in jean shorts.

I wonder who this is ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Wonder if we’ll see how Cable gets captured by Orchis in this?
    I’m betting we will, It seems like CoTV starts off with Cable already being captured, so it seems like we’ll get to see him in on the action during the Gala
    She's A Lifebringer