Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I will never not be mad about what Hickman did to poor Kimura in this era. She was a good friend of the X-Men and a victim of being turned into an Omega Sentinel, who was an ally in spite of that and they’ve turned her into this because machine=bad. The X-Men don’t even seem to care that she was a friend or even try to reason with her, treating her like she’s a stranger every time they meet with zero nuance.
    Karima.
    There was a hint of that in HoX when Kurt and her met but nothing more. That was one of the big disappointement of this era.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I will never not be mad about what Hickman did to poor Kimura in this era. She was a good friend of the X-Men and a victim of being turned into an Omega Sentinel, who was an ally in spite of that and they’ve turned her into this because machine=bad. The X-Men don’t even seem to care that she was a friend or even try to reason with her, treating her like she’s a stranger every time they meet with zero nuance.
    This Karima Shapandar/OS is from the future sent back to this timeline to stop Moira from achieving her initial Mutant Haven goal.
    And there was an issue somewhere (I want to say Inferno?) where someone tried to reason with her calling back to her humanity and she basically said she's given over completely to her sentinel programming.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-26-2023 at 08:40 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

He didnt do anything out of character with her. She is a sentinel. She ALWAYS betrays the X-men. Thats a given; its not a matter of if but rather when. Its in her programming and her nature. What he did was true to her character and he actually made her more important. What was done here was more palatable than what ultimately happend with Moira

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This Karima Shapandar/OS is from the future sent back to this timeline to stop Moira from achieving her initial Mutant Haven goal.
    And there was an issue somewhere (I want to say Inferno?) where someone tried to reason with her calling back to her humanity and she basically said she's given over completely to her sentinel programming.
    It’s her future counterpart mentally but her present day self physically, having had her mind taken over by that counterpart which makes that situation even worse. She’s essentially possessed by an evil version of herself and the X-Men despite being her friends have done nothing to even try to help her.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He didnt do anything out of character with her. She is a sentinel. She ALWAYS betrays the X-men. Thats a given; its not a matter of if but rather when. Its in her programming and her nature. What he did was true to her character and he actually made her more important. What was done here was more palatable than what ultimately happend with Moira
    She’s not a sentinel, she’s a human who had sentinel cybernetics forced on her. Are you seriously blaming a victim and acting like those actions are her choice simply because she hold the title of sentinel? By that logic, when Wolverine was brainwashed by Hydra and killed Northstar, he was being completely in character. If anything, this is her worst nightmare, completely losing her humanity. Hell, the last time that we saw her, she was completely human with the cybernetics having gone inert because of Arkea being removed from her, leaving her, as Hank put it 100% organic, with even her color and accent returning. Nothing about why the sentinel tech is not only back but worse has ever been explained. What happened to Moira was a travesty but what happened to Karima is worse. Karima’s situation was forced on her, Moira chose to become what she is. You can sum up their current situations with the quote “I was pushed. You jumped.”
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 06-26-2023 at 10:10 AM.

It’s her future counterpart mentally but her present day self physically, having had her mind taken over by that counterpart which makes that situation even worse. She’s essentially possessed by an evil version of herself and the X-Men despite being her friends have done nothing to even try to help her.

She’s not a sentinel, she’s a human who had sentinel cybernetics forced on her. Are you seriously blaming a victim and acting like those actions are her choice simply because she hold the title of sentinel? By that logic, when Wolverine was brainwashed by Hydra and killed Northstar, he was being completely in character. If anything, this is her worst nightmare, completely losing her humanity. Hell, the last time that we saw her, she was completely human with the cybernetics having gone inert because of Arkea being removed from her, leaving her, as Hank put it 100% organic, with even her color and accent returning. Nothing about why the sentinel tech is not only back but worse has ever been explained. What happened to Moira was a travesty but what happened to Karima is worse. Karima’s situation was forced on her, Moira chose to become what she is. You can sum up their current situations with the quote “I was pushed. You jumped.”
    No she's a sentinel and that was the point of the prime sentinel concept. She lost her humanity and stopped being a human ages ago. I dont trust her and never have. Ultimately what we are seeing is the cycle thats been prevalent in her character history for as long as we've known her

No she's a sentinel and that was the point of the prime sentinel concept. She lost her humanity and stopped being a human ages ago. I dont trust her and never have. Ultimately what we are seeing is the cycle thats been prevalent in her character history for as long as we've known her
    So you don’t trust a fictional character who has been an ally to the X-Men for years, a security personnel on Genosha and helped to save Xavier’s life after Bishop nearly killed him. Literally the majority of her publication history has been her being a hero. Sounds to me like you just hate the character on the grounds of her being sentinel related and you reject any bit of context and history of her that don’t align with your personal narrative of her.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 06-26-2023 at 11:58 AM.

So you don’t trust a fictional character who has been an ally to the X-Men for years, a security personnel on Genosha and helped to save Xavier’s life after Bishop nearly killed him. Literally the majority of her publication history has been her being a hero. Sounds to me like you just hate the character on the grounds of her being sentinel related and you reject any bit of context and history of her that don’t align with your personal narrative of her.
    You read correctly what was on your screen. #HellionWasRight
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-26-2023 at 12:42 PM.

This is on sale, July 26th. The week after San Diego Comic-Con. If there's an X-Men panel, I'll be in the panel and posting updates. You know I got, y'all!
    Mutant and Proud!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    This is on sale, July 26th. The week after San Diego Comic-Con. If there's an X-Men panel, I'll be in the panel and posting updates. You know I got, y'all!
    Thanks, GeneTitan, your updates are always immensely appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Thanks, GeneTitan, your updates are always immensely appreciated!
    Seconded. Thanks GT!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    We'll need a picture !
    I second that! We should make a thread: Hellfire Gala - X-Books forums edition!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You read correctly what was on your screen. #HellionWasRight
    It's right there on the page. Omega Sentinel came back to completely wipe out all mutants and then humans so that Machines could rule. She even kills her own Aim/Orchis agents...it doesn't get much clearer than that as to her true motives.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's right there on the page. Omega Sentinel came back to completely wipe out all mutants and then humans so that Machines could rule. She even kills her own Aim/Orchis agents...it doesn't get much clearer than that as to her true motives.
    And this is something that is established in Hickman’s run, the thing that twisted her character in the first place completely ignoring her entire character history to turn her into this villain that she never was. That’s what I’m complaining about. She’s not a character in this, she’s just been reduced to a plot device. Hickman could’ve brought back Bastion to fill the role she does and nothing would have changed.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 06-26-2023 at 05:23 PM.

Mighty Member

Anyone would like to come to SDCC this year, dressing like those Hellfire Gala outfits. I hope any of you prepare your costume before the day ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I have to figure out my outfit when I pick up my copy at the shop next month!
    I’m going in 1980s era Boba Fett underoos
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver