Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Lots of great choices already listed. Shout-out to the poster who suggested Terror!

I'm trying to think of who, if included on the Avengers, make it a must-buy for me without knowing the creative team or any other contextual info; who hasn't already been on the team but seems like a reasonable addition (sorry, Slingers and Phil Urich); AND who hasn't already been mentioned. I'm also going to pass on any Spider-clones because that's too easy an answer.

My choices:

1. Crystar
    2. Josiah X
    3. Gali, Daughter of Galactus

I'd read the heck out of a team that featured any or all of these great characters.

-Pav, who loves a weird Z-Lister...
    Last edited by Pav; 08-10-2023 at 09:46 AM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Namorita
    Night Thrasher
    Silhouette

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yes to Frenzy, for any team, anywhere! But also Starshine is a neat choice. (Really, almost every Spaceknight not named Rom was pretty neat, like Firefall or even Unam the Unseen. It kind of bugged me back in the day that almost every other Spaceknight had cool powers, like control of the living light or living flame or whatever, and Rom, could call up a gun. Woo. He's like, the Punisher of the Spaceknightvengers...)
    It took me a minute, but I'm really coming around to the potential of Frenzy as one of those no-isht-taking, down for whatever, by the ton or by the pound, one-on-one or one-against-many, the most ass-kicking-est fighters in the multiverse. I would reimagine her powers as a combination of psychic vampire and kinetic energy absorber and releaser. At her base level she is already strong and nearly indestructible, but she feeds off of the aggression of her opponents, leaving them apathetic, torpid and enervated, while heightening her own fervor, durability and stamina. That coupled with the kinetic energy that she absorbs allows her to release a devastating blast-wave of raw, psycho-kinetic force, pulverizing anyone and anything within range. Trust, you do not want Frenzy to "flash" on you. Not even Jean Grey's TK force fields (or Sue Richards' for that matter) are proof against Frenzy's blast-waves.

Or something like that.

Frenzy would be a great Avenger. Just having her walk into the room, all 6'11" of her, would make most foes think twice.

How can this be Earth's mightiest heroes without Nova, Photon, and Quasar? Make it happen, Marvel!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    How can this be Earth's mightiest heroes without Nova, Photon, and Quasar? Make it happen, Marvel!
    I think they abandoned that years ago when the Avengers were just the Kookie Quartet. Hardly "Earth's Mightiest," especially since the Scarlet Witch's powers hadn't fully developed and her hexes were highly unpredictable at the time. "Earth's Mightiest" makes for great marketing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It took me a minute, but I'm really coming around to the potential of Frenzy as one of those no-isht-taking, down for whatever, by the ton or by the pound, one-on-one or one-against-many, the most ass-kicking-est fighters in the multiverse. I would reimagine her powers as a combination of psychic vampire and kinetic energy absorber and releaser. At her base level she is already strong and nearly indestructible, but she feeds off of the aggression of her opponents, leaving them apathetic, torpid and enervated, while heightening her own fervor, durability and stamina. That coupled with the kinetic energy that she absorbs allows her to release a devastating blast-wave of raw, psycho-kinetic force, pulverizing anyone and anything within range. Trust, you do not want Frenzy to "flash" on you. Not even Jean Grey's TK force fields (or Sue Richards' for that matter) are proof against Frenzy's blast-waves.

Or something like that.

Frenzy would be a great Avenger. Just having her walk into the room, all 6'11" of her, would make most foes think twice.
    Haha... that's more like Arclight's powers than Frenzy's

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

Or something like that.

Frenzy has that 'now a good gal, so she looks totally different' thing going on. In the Alliance of Evil, she was *at least* seven feet tall (she towered over Cyclops, who is six foot) and looked like Grace Jones. Now she's *maybe* six feet tall, and much more attractive. I'd split the difference and say that she's got a smidge of size-changing. Not like, Giant-Man, or anything, but more like Strong Guy/Guido Carosella, she takes hits and bulks up, converting the kinetic force into mass (much like how Pym particle users turns Pym particles into tissue, or hulks turn gamma energy into extra tissue). That way I can have my seven foot Frenzy, and my 'just tall' Frenzy. (Unlike Guido, she'd similarly shed that extra mass as she expends the energy she's taken in, so a prolonged fight where she manages to avoid getting hit might result in her shrinking back to her 'normal' six foot height.)

Plus it would be funny to see her tank a hit from Thor, land on her ass and say, "Wow, that hurt. My turn..." and get up, and up, and up, and now she's twelve feet tall...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Frenzy has that 'now a good gal, so she looks totally different' thing going on. In the Alliance of Evil, she was *at least* seven feet tall (she towered over Cyclops, who is six foot) and looked like Grace Jones. Now she's *maybe* six feet tall, and much more attractive. I'd split the difference and say that she's got a smidge of size-changing. Not like, Giant-Man, or anything, but more like Strong Guy/Guido Carosella, she takes hits and bulks up, converting the kinetic force into mass (much like how Pym particle users turns Pym particles into tissue, or hulks turn gamma energy into extra tissue). That way I can have my seven foot Frenzy, and my 'just tall' Frenzy. (Unlike Guido, she'd similarly shed that extra mass as she expends the energy she's taken in, so a prolonged fight where she manages to avoid getting hit might result in her shrinking back to her 'normal' six foot height.)

Plus it would be funny to see her tank a hit from Thor, land on her ass and say, "Wow, that hurt. My turn..." and get up, and up, and up, and now she's twelve feet tall...
    Well... in-universe there's a potential explanation actually. some of Frenzy's early appearances she had someone amping her powers, you could just say a height increase was a side-effect.

Fantastic Member

Ursa Major
    Gorilla Man
    Sasquatch

Honorable mentions: Mach-X, Atlas, Goliath (Tom Foster), Giant Man (Raz Malhotra), Genis-Vell, Rick Jones (as A-Bomb), Red Harpy, Doc Samson, Magik, Dani Moonstar, Emma Frost

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Genis-Vell
    Totally agree about Genny! TPTB should make it official (ASAP):

Darkstar
    Sasquatch
    White Fox

El Aguila
    LightBright
    Wind Warrior
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Danger
    Nico Minoru
    Dusk (Cassie St. Commons)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    El Aguila
    LightBright
    Wind Warrior
    You have the neatest lineup ideas! El Aguila could totally be a breakout if someone would just write him in some hard-hitting serious fare like has happened on occasion for other small-time minority characters like Red Wolf or American Eagle.

Wind Warrior intrigues me because she's supposed to tie to Tefnut, IIRC (and the other two to Geb and Shu, gods of earth and sky), who is more of a rain goddess than a wind goddess, from what I recall. (And there's no 'Earth Force' representative for the fourth god of their little subgroup, Geb's divine wife, Nuit, goddess of the night sky, who have some sort of flight / darkness generation powers, I'd imagine, which annoys my OCD, to only have heroes for three of the four!). Then again, I'd probably love Earth Force just a tad more if they were even a little bit Egyptian, and not like, random white people using our racial super-power of cultural appropriation...