Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

For a mystical sort, one who has a bit more sass than Doctor Druid, and isn't quite so busy with the Sorcerer Supreme-ing as Stephen Strange, I'd consider Daimon Hellstrom. His wife, Patsy, has been an Avenger, but he hasn't yet, AFAIK. Magik / Ilyanna Rasputina could also make for an interesting Avenger, IMO.

And yeah, if Songbird hadn't already been an Avenger, she'd be number one on my list.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    For a mystical sort, one who has a bit more sass than Doctor Druid, and isn't quite so busy with the Sorcerer Supreme-ing as Stephen Strange, I'd consider Daimon Hellstrom. His wife, Patsy, has been an Avenger, but he hasn't yet, AFAIK. Magik / Ilyanna Rasputina could also make for an interesting Avenger, IMO.

And yeah, if Songbird hadn't already been an Avenger, she'd be number one on my list.
    Songbird was in the 2016 New Avengers book.

Aunt May
    Herbie The Robot
    Man Thing

Spider-Man 2099
    Longshot
    Major Victory

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Songbird was a future Avenger in Avengers Forever and was on Sunspot's New Avengers.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Spider-Man 2099
    Longshot
    Major Victory
    Major Victory has been an Avenger since the late 70's and Spider-Man 2099 is a member of the Avengers 2099 and Savage Avengers 2099.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Mighty Member

I'm not saying this because of "Well, actually," but Blue Marvel was in Mighty Avengers, and if you haven't read that you need to because it's great.

1) Terror. Odd fit at first, to be sure, but it's a pick inspired by the great detectives in DC teams. They may not be all that impressive skill wise, but Detective Chimp, The Question, Dr. Midnite, they all find a functional role in their teams as mystery solvers, and Terror can fit that role and in doing so broaden the types of stories and tones that can be incorporated. They had Blade, they had a Ghost Rider, it isn't too crazy to have what is traditionally a horror character in the Avengers, and I think providing Terror with a fresh supply of manufactured organs is enough to keep him on the straight and narrow.

2)Balder. Personally, probably my favorite Norse God. He's a big figure in Norse mythology who I think is worth expanding on more than he has been.

3) Reader. He's cool.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I haven't researched any of the character histories, so please forgive me if I list someone who was an Avenger already:

1. Karnilla
    2. Her/Kismet/whatever-her-name-is-now
    3. Gladiator

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I'm not saying this because of "Well, actually," but Blue Marvel was in Mighty Avengers, and if you haven't read that you need to because it's great.
    True, but I still think it would be nice to see Blue Marvel on the main team with Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Wasp, Hawkeye, Vision, and Scarlet Witch. Heck, let it be a time travel story where the Beast is also on the team.

Astonishing Member

1. Thundra. She was a member of a future team in Avengers Forever -- and is a fun character who often is off canvas for long stretches.
    2. Polaris. She's not used enough in X-Men and I'd like to see her on another team.
    3. Adam Warlock. He's worked with them a lot, but never joined the team. If he joined, I'd like to see Moondragon rejoin.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    1. Thundra. She was a member of a future team in Avengers Forever -- and is a fun character who often is off canvas for long stretches.
    2. Polaris. She's not used enough in X-Men and I'd like to see her on another team.
    3. Adam Warlock. He's worked with them a lot, but never joined the team. If he joined, I'd like to see Moondragon rejoin.
    Working off of your great ideas, I would like:
    1.Thundra join and a returned-to-life Brunhilde Valkyrie rejoin, as they would have great camaraderie together
    2. Polaris with her friend Jean Grey joining
    3. Adam Warlock joining with Moondragon rejoining, as these two have a work history plus it would be interesting for Heather and Jean to interact on the same team
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Colossus
    Firelord
    Doc Samson

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Spider-Girl (Mayday Parker)
    Silver Surfer
    Power Princess
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

1) Iceman. Preferably on a team with Firestar and Spider-Man (Peter). Iceman has rarely ever had the opportunity to stretch outside of being on an X-Men team. Yes he had stints in the LA Champions and the Defenders of the 1980s. Neither lasted that long (in publishing). So I think enough time has gone by where he can be prominent on an Avengers team.

2) Nightcrawler. Outside of Excalibur, he's always been an X-Men member. I want to see this change, working on adventures outside of the mutant landscape.

3) Storm. If anyone should have dual status with Avengers and X-Men, it is Storm. I'd love to see her as a major character on an updated team.