Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    However, in "The Chameleon Conspiracy" by Nick Spencer, it was implied that no she wasn't his sister and that evidence was faked....but they never really followed up on that (AFAIK that was her last appearance). And it wasn't outright proven that her original proof was false just...heavily implied to be.
    The Chameleon and the Finisher heavily implied that the original proof was false when they were trying to mess with Teresa's head. The Chameleon is not exactly a trustworthy source.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

spencer spend too much of his run retconing unnecessary stuff
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    The Chameleon and the Finisher heavily implied that the original proof was false when they were trying to mess with Teresa's head. The Chameleon is not exactly a trustworthy source.
    At this point Teresa's situation is ambiguous. That's probably as much as Spencer could get away with at the time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    At this point Teresa's situation is ambiguous. That's probably as much as Spencer could get away with at the time.
    That's why I say go to Reed and get a DNA test that confirms they are siblings.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    how about his sister just reaches out to go to lunch or catch a Yankees game?
    Peter is a Mets fan. :O

Please show yourself out.

That's why I say go to Reed and get a DNA test that confirms they are siblings.
    Even a DNA test isn’t enough within the MU. Pretty sure Magneto had a DNA test with the twins done and we all know where we’re currently at with that one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Peter is a Mets fan. :O

Please show yourself out.
    Subway Series then. Mets vs Yankees.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 06-25-2023 at 03:44 PM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Even a DNA test isn’t enough within the MU. Pretty sure Magneto had a DNA test with the twins done and we all know where we’re currently at with that one.
    And now Marvel own the film rights to the X-Men again, in which continuity Magneto is Pietro's father. How soon before that retcon is retconned?

Extraordinary Member

Regardless of how the comics handle it, it might be fun to see someone take the concept seriously in an adaptation, and see if they can fine tune it and the elder Parkers as spies for fun.

I mean, I seriously think you could do it all, and just modify it to be more “classically Spider-Man:”

- The Parker Parents *were* spies… but decidedly more boring and mundane ones, like analysts or observers, but popular in their office, even though the pay was about as bad as you’d expect for government work for a young couple living in New York City.

- Peter was planned, and had May and Ben as his godparents, while Teresa was a “surprise” considerably later (8ish years) and gained a new godparent partially as a friendly gesture and partially because of practical financial concerns.

- The Parker Parents die in a mysterious tragedy, and Teresa and Peter are split up, but stay in contact and their respective guardians go out of their way to foster the relationship as much as they can while again struggling financially. Peter and Teresa are still siblings, but don’t live together, and at times are a bit more like pen pals as she lives on the other side of the country or something.

- So, well after Spider-Man has established himself as a veteran presence, he finds himself reuniting with his kid sister and introducing her to MJ in the hopes they get along… and MJ, already secretly aware that Peter is Spider-Man, ends up discovering that Teresa has been recruited by SHIELD, and desperately doesn’t want to worry her big brother about thus, swearing MJ to secrecy.

- Hilarity ensues.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Teresa was not around during the periods of Spider-man comics that Marvel Editorial want to fix the series in as in aspic. I doubt Marvel Editorial were insisting that Spencer keep in play the idea that Teresa is really Peter's sister.
    (I'm rather glad Wells' attention has apparently not turned to Teresa.)

Teresa was not around during the periods of Spider-man comics that Marvel Editorial want to fix the series in as in aspic. I doubt Marvel Editorial were insisting that Spencer keep in play the idea that Teresa is really Peter's sister.
    (I'm rather glad Wells' attention has apparently not turned to Teresa.)
    Yea, given the shitshow that Wells run is, keep Teresa about as far away from him as possible as he’d probably just use her as another plot device to torture Peter.

Mighty Member

If she is put with the new SHIELD and is stationed in NYC then sure...they should be shown to be in regular contact when she is not on assignment. But...to me at least...it should not be them teaming up for super heroics. This is where me wanting to see Peter have a personal life with family and friends and not constant Spidey action. In the past it seemed like Teresa would show up because she needed Peter's help with work...how about his sister just reaches out to go to lunch or catch a Yankees game?
    Oh I agree with these fears, that's why I've never really been on board with the whole sister thing as well. Origin is super wacky and then puts them in a weird situation. LIke Spider-Man already has a few chracter it has to manage and show off every few issues, and it feels like she would have to be another one.

Right I'm including that. THey were definitely telling her it was fake but they could be lying...or they could be telling the truth. Either way it messes with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spencer spend too much of his run retconing unnecessary stuff
    Eh, I appreciate it for that and the book was in a much better place as a result. It's just a shame WElls had to flush all the goodwill by turning in the worst run in 61 years.

Extraordinary Member

Oh I agree with these fears, that's why I've never really been on board with the whole sister thing as well. Origin is super wacky and then puts them in a weird situation. LIke Spider-Man already has a few chracter it has to manage and show off every few issues, and it feels like she would have to be another one.
    That is why I mention if she is on assignment. You can just say she is out of town for however many issues...then have her pop up for a few pages having a meal with Peter and catching up before she has to fly off again. She is an adult with her own life and career. So she may not always be around if she is tracking some terrorist cell in Europe, an arms dealer in Asia, or some traitor in the Middle East.

If she is put with the new SHIELD and is stationed in NYC then sure...they should be shown to be in regular contact when she is not on assignment. But...to me at least...it should not be them teaming up for super heroics. This is where me wanting to see Peter have a personal life with family and friends and not constant Spidey action. In the past it seemed like Teresa would show up because she needed Peter's help with work...how about his sister just reaches out to go to lunch or catch a Yankees game?
    How about a Mets game instead?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Eh, I appreciate it for that and the book was in a much better place as a result. It's just a shame WElls had to flush all the goodwill by turning in the worst run in 61 years.
    not really but whatever
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy