0 0%
  • Aegeus

0 0%
  • Other(Please Specify Below)

8 17.78%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default Pick A Villain For King's Run

If you could choose 1 villain that absolutely must appear in Tom King's upcoming Wonder Woman run, who would it be?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Other; Circe

Mighty Member

Circe for Other.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm going with Clea.

She's more of a blank slate than the other big villains. If King were to take a big swing with her and hit, it'd automatically be the best Clea story ever.
    If he misses, screwing her up is less of a big deal than another bad story for the bigger villains.

My votes are for Queen Clea, Dr. Cyber and Angle Man, because we don't see enough of any of them.

It's almost criminal how great Cyber's Rebirth revamp was for it to go unused for so long.

I voted for Giganta.

I believe he said she's his favorite WW villain? If that's the case, there's a lot of great potential for Giganta to finally be upgraded. She hasn't had many great stories as a central villain.

I would've voted for Queen Clea, but I don't trust King to handle a misandrist storyline with any grace.

Incredible Member

I voted for Dr. Poison as she's one of my favorite Wonder Woman villains. At first, I didn't care for how Cloonrad used her, but the more I read their Villiany Inc issues; the more I liked her. I think King would give her a truly demented depiction, which I would love.

As for your list, I would also like to see Rucka's Dr. Cyber, a reimagined Zara - not Robinson's version -, Dr. Psycho, Angle Man, Blue Snowman, Giganta, and Paula Von Gunther - although wasn't she reformed.

I would also like to see an arcs with Maxwell Lord and Circe. My other favorite Wonder Woman villains.

I'd prefer for Cheetah to remain a reluctant ally and pseudo foil to the Wonder team. I don't want her as an outright villain.

Circe for sure.

Im putting my vote on Blue Snowman.
    The genderfluid school teacher turned supervillain has been seeing increasing popularity in the past few years and its high time shes gotten the chance to make a lasting mark in Wonder Womans main book.

Gimme Byrna Brilliant with her Blue Snow, mech suit, and army of robot dopplegangers.

Voted for Dr. Poison. I would have voted Other for Circe but I’m already very confident that she will appear in his run, so I picked a less likely villain. I think King could do something great with bioterrorist Poison if he went that route with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I voted for Giganta.

I believe he said she's his favorite WW villain? If that's the case, there's a lot of great potential for Giganta to finally be upgraded. She hasn't had many great stories as a central villain.

I would've voted for Queen Clea, but I don't trust King to handle a misandrist storyline with any grace.
    Circe is his favorite if I remember his Word Balloon interview right.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

As I recall it, he named both Circe and Giganta
    Circe I think he described as a sort of dark mirror to Wonder Woman?
    And Giganta he said he loved how weird her post crisis origin was and just thinks shes neat

Queen Clea because it's about damn time a big writer tackled her in a major way.

I did pick Dr Poison, but many here have potential, like Zara.

Characters that should be here but aren't: Devastation.

And finally, I realy wish he would use Queen Bee. She is such a perfect villain for Diana to fight, regardless of which version it is. And she has never really been written like a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

And finally, I realy wish he would use Queen Bee. She is such a perfect villain for Diana to fight, regardless of which version it is. And she has never really been written like a big deal.
    Regardless of which version?
    Queen of a race of alien bee people who consume whole worlds
    Bee themed crook whose madly in love with Batman
    Ruler of a middle eastern nation who produces mind control pheromones that only work on those who find her sexually attractive
    Menacing minion that secretes deadly poisons
    Commander of an army of robots and cyborgs
    leader of H.I.V.E who commands an organization of psychically gifted individuals to use for evil in their bid for psychic world domination

Like Wonder Womans rogue gallery has no shortage of legacy villains with differing variations on a theme, but I don't think their all equally a good fit in this particular instance.

I went with Doctor Cyber, because Diana needs more of her amazing villains fleshed out.

I’m assuming King will be hanging out a while, so I’d really love to see Villainy Inc, Angle Man and a horrifying version of Doctor Psycho developed too.