• Human Fireworks

0 0%
  • Aegeus

0 0%
  • Other(Please Specify Below)

8 17.78%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Preach. Not sure why people get so hung up on the Atlantean aspect of Clea. Atlantis is a big ass place (which is also rooted in Greek Myth, mind you) and Clea being from a small female-led nation of Atlantis that is rarely mentioned shouldn't automatically confuse fans into thinking she's an Aquaman villain.
    So true. I want to see more of Clea and her people.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I absolutely agree. Clea can be the ruler of Venturia without being wholly subsumed into the Aqua world and remain a primary enemy of Wonder Woman. Clearly, Clea wouldn’t even think much of Aquaman.
    Very much agree here.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I pick the The Crimson Centipede!

hehehe, this guy is funny! He has human-shaped feet but with suction cups on the bottom and many guns, but only in his right-hands!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    hehehe, this guy is funny! He has human-shaped feet but with suction cups on the bottom and many guns, but only in his right-hands!
    Personaly, I love the fact that he wears a row of holsters.

Everything about this design is perfect, and by perfect, I mean absolutely horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Personaly, I love the fact that he wears a row of holsters.

Everything about this design is perfect, and by perfect, I mean absolutely horrible.
    Yeah, nightmare fuel supervillains are under-rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    If you want a non-Wonder Woman villain to appear, just pick "Other" and state your choice in a reply.
    Um, fair enough.

then, if I had to guess, I think this is a new villain, but more importantly: it's the guy Trinity goes to see at WW 800.

What little we know about that guy is that:

-They identify as "we". Non binary or, more probably, there's something supernatural going on there
    -Looks like an old man, bald
    -Your majesty?
    -IT'S NOT TRINITY'S FATHER
    -Hates Diana
    -Has "many stories to tell"
    -An old king
    -Related to America

So, there's only one character that could fit it all: Ares. But it's not a perfect choice, and the use of "we" makes me suspect. Perhaps this is a guy that got possesed either by Psycho or another greek god? How old is this guy?

But yeah, I'm going to say this is a new character that is going to get possesed/fused with either Ares or other god (and that explains why is he closed on Themyscira instead of a human prison)

Other possibility on the DC Universe that fits better: Vandal Savage. But I don't buy it because this guy has aged.

My guesses are

1. His first name is 'Tom' and we are seeing a self insert villain. Wouldn't be the first time a writer was a baddie in Wonder Womans book. Remember Robert Kanigher?
    Tom King hates Wonder Woman confirmed~!~!~!

failing that....

2. This is King Faraday. Hes related to America, he would be an old man by Trinitys time, and alot of royalty based expressions and puns tend to come up with the character.
    More relevently is the fact that he is currently the guy in charge of Checkmate which Steve is currently working for. This would allow Tom King to get his 'great betrayer who does war crimes' trope out of his system.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    My guesses are

1. His first name is 'Tom' and we are seeing a self insert villain. Wouldn't be the first time a writer was a baddie in Wonder Womans book. Remember Robert Kanigher?
    Tom King hates Wonder Woman confirmed~!~!~!

failing that....

2. This is King Faraday. Hes related to America, he would be an old man by Trinitys time, and alot of royalty based expressions and puns tend to come up with the character.
    More relevently is the fact that he is currently the guy in charge of Checkmate which Steve is currently working for. This would allow Tom King to get his 'great betrayer who does war crimes' trope out of his system.
    1. this is an interesting sugestion because he already did that on Strange Adventures, Tom said on an interview that Adam was like a dark version of his story as a CIA agent (long story)

2. This is actually a very interesting theory! I could totally see that, but we'd still have to see but this guy uses plural pronouns (going to asume its not neutral because of the wording)

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I was merely disagreeing with you and lead by unequivocally indicating what my opinion of your opinion was. :Þ

I don't really understand what you mean when you say I should "respect" your opinion.... when all I did was disagree with it.
    No harm done, fella. We like the Clea and want more. Enough Clea to go around, I think!

Does Clea trending this strong, considering how little she's been used, surprise you? Is anyone here surprised by Clea's poll rating? [I am.]
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    No harm done, fella. We like the Clea and want more. Enough Clea to go around, I think!

Does Clea trending this strong, considering how little she's been used, surprise you? Is anyone here surprised by Clea's poll rating? [I am.]

I am and I'm thrilled at the same time.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Yeah Clea's the kind of character that makes DC feel like a WORLD and not just a few unrelated stories. Perfect fodder for Justice League honestly. I imagine it'd be easy to explain why Arthur doesn't see her as his problem.

Arthur vs Orin is for the throne of the city-state of Atlantis. Clea has never tried to usurp Arthur's throne. Arthur may have reasons to dislike her, but those reasons don't justify open warfare... most of the time. Stuff like trying to take over Skartaris with the Trident of Poseidon is probably a situation where Arthur would make an exception.

Actually, while it HAS been established that there are multiple magic tridents in Atlantis... this specific one is usually in Arthur's possession.... usually.... I feel like he'd be unhappy if Clea was using it for evil stuff.

But not an Aquaman villain as Atlantis and Venturia have a diplomatic relationship that normally prevents them from fighting.

I would love to see a redesigned, reimagined Egg Foo!

By the gods I love the wackiness of the original Crimson Centipede. It must be so hard to run whilst wearing suction cup shoes!

I have an idea for a character update and modern take though.

Yes, I as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    By the gods I love the wackiness of the original Crimson Centipede. It must be so hard to run whilst wearing suction cup shoes!

I have an idea for a character update and modern take though.
    Hahaha, I think he is supposed to be able to move fast, so maybe the suction cups only work when he wants?

Likewise, by standing up, he can become very tall and move all of those arms very quickly too.