Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Default Spider-Man cancelled but Spider-Boy rises

huh? Do we have a confirmation on adjectiveless getting cancelled? Feels like Slott's just doing two books now

Yea, I don’t think I saw anywhere in that article that adjectiveless was cancelled. Unless there’s some confirmation, this thread title feels like clickbait.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    huh? Do we have a confirmation on adjectiveless getting cancelled? Feels like Slott's just doing two books now
    Yes he is, but the second one will be Superior Spider-Man, not adjectiveless Spider-Man, which wasn't solicited for September.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I wonder if Spider-Boy is still going to be Peter's sidekick, as Slott said he would be, it seems like he is being pushed more as a solo character now.

I wonder if that's because there's no plans for Bailey to join the cast of Amazing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I wonder if Spider-Boy is still going to be Peter's sidekick, as Slott said he would be, it seems like he is being pushed more as a solo character now.
    Could be both; frame him as a sidekick, but depict solo adventures as the default?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Kudos on Wells for not encouraging this Spider-Boy nonsense.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I think ASM #31 is supposed to have Spider-Boy make an appearance. Although it could just be a backup tale.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Fantastic Member

Now that there's something i really don't feel like anybody wants or needs, another Spider-Person book interacting with the mainline 616 characters. I would only respect this concept if Slott really leaned into the absurd, annoying, Gonzo nature of this Spider-Boy character, like a schizo scrappy-doo Spider-Man on crack, now i'd pay to read that, but Slott wouldn't do it, and even if he did, he aint no Warren Ellis to pull it off.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Kudos on Wells for not encouraging this Spider-Boy nonsense.
    Wells is more focused on Paul

Astonishing Member

So...Spider-Boy´s name is Bailey? I thought he is Peter Parker from another dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    So...Spider-Boy´s name is Bailey? I thought he is Peter Parker from another dimension.
    he is Bailey Briggs
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy