Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    You guys are being pedantic. The point is there is zero logic in Spider-Boy getting a current ongoing book before (most of) those characters.
    were you going to read those other characters series had they come out?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    No, I do not like the name
    It's also a team up issue with Squirrel Girl who is also to be known to be friends with Ms. Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    This title gets an ongoing before any of the Spider-People from ATSV? Un-****in'-believable.
    Him, I wonder if this is the beginning of the push to get Miles out the paint of the Spider-Man mythos? Is this the comics culture/writers snap back at the increased energy Miles is generating?

Eh, probably sitting this one out. Good for Bailey fans, and the younger spidey-fans in general

I don't think there's more scheming involved here than "Best-selling title has a spin-off" tbh

I mean, is anyone really surprised? Both Cindy and Gwen quickly got ongoings after their introductions and the Edge of Spider-Verse issue last week was essentially an issue 0 that can spin out into a series, presenting us with a hook for said solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    It's also a team up issue with Squirrel Girl who is also to be known to be friends with Ms. Marvel
    I'm not sure how Kamala is relevant here? Yes, Doreen and Kamala were shown to be friends in the Marvel Rising comics and Doreen became a Champions reservist (thus was involved in Outlawed) but that has no relevance to Doreen appearing in Spider-Boy #1.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm not sure how Kamala is relevant here? Yes, Doreen and Kamala were shown to be friends in the Marvel Rising comics and Doreen became a Champions reservist (thus was involved in Outlawed) but that has no relevance to Doreen appearing in Spider-Boy #1.
    Slott is just trying to tie back to his mid 00's writings at this point

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Squirrel Girl is friends with everybody! It's kind of her whole thing.

Anyway, I was pretty much sold on this as soon as they mentioned "Madame Monstrosity", thanks.

So is this basically like Silk where they look at pre-order numbers and use that to justify giving a character a book?

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    Squirrel Girl is friends with everybody! It's kind of her whole thing.

Anyway, I was pretty much sold on this as soon as they mentioned "Madame Monstrosity", thanks.
    The podcast she had was fun

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is this basically like Silk where they look at pre-order numbers and use that to justify giving a character a book?
    Probolly and nobody will care that this title existed in five years

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Spider Punk..Yes, Yes!
    Spyder-byte...Yes
    A good Spider-Nior book...Yes
    These offer opportunities for very conceptually different types of stories. Spider-boy is going to squeeze In between Miles and Peter stories....?? Why??

Extraordinary Member

Gotta make sure that is on my do NOT buy list. Probably getting rid of adjectiveless as well.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I would have given them a try, yes. I imagine most people would give them a try before Spider-Boy. We just had a critically acclaimed movie where they were all praised.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Him, I wonder if this is the beginning of the push to get Miles out the paint of the Spider-Man mythos? Is this the comics culture/writers snap back at the increased energy Miles is generating?
    I doubt that. And they're not cancelling Miles' book.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 06-26-2023 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Spider Punk..Yes, Yes!
    Spyder-byte...Yes
    A good Spider-Nior book...Yes
    These offer opportunities for very conceptually different types of stories. Spider-boy is going to squeeze In between Miles and Peter stories....?? Why??
    I mean, Noir and Punk just had minis not that long ago and Marvel doesn’t seem to interested in long term focus of spiders outside of 616 unless it’s Gwen and even she’s in 616 half the time.