Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    You guys are being pedantic. The point is there is zero logic in Spider-Boy getting a current ongoing book before (most of) those characters.
    There's clear logic. Comics with this character have sold.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is this basically like Silk where they look at pre-order numbers and use that to justify giving a character a book?
    Slott was very clear that this new character was going to be sticking around and have a big story. This was the plan. His Spider-Man run was likely designed to win over readers and then lead them into this new book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Given the mega-success and buzz around ATSV (and that Marvel as a company generally knows how brand synergy works and wants it), it's an absurd decision no matter how we try to spin it.

Given the mega-success and buzz around ATSV (and that Marvel as a company generally knows how brand synergy works and wants it), it's an absurd decision no matter how we try to spin it.
    wouldnt be the first time they didnt do anything special for nwh when it came out
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

That is why there is a bunch of Spider-Verse books out right now. There is no ongoing because there is no interest (in any particular derivative). Marvel knows the market. They are not investing in some ongoing there will not be any buzz on in two months.

Some of the Spider-Verse characters got their own Marvel Unlimited story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Some of the Spider-Verse characters got their own Marvel Unlimited story.
    I keep forgetting that Marvel Unlimited has OG content

BANNED

But thats more the spectulator market at work

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    That is why there is a bunch of Spider-Verse books out right now. There is no ongoing because there is no interest (in any particular derivative). Marvel knows the market. They are not investing in some ongoing there will not be any buzz on in two months.
    Yet they're investing in a supposed Spider-Boy ongoing.

Not to mention these characters (at least Gwen, Miguel, Mayday and Ben) clearly have long-term appeal.

It's all relative. That's why it's absurd when you look at the bigger picture.

Is this an ongoing or a mini? Marvel's often cagey on this.

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    But thats more the spectulator market at work
    Maybe. But if the speculator market went nuts for Spider-Punk, we'd have more Spider-Punk comics.

One other factor is that Dan Slott's obviously willing to write this book. I suspect he had a good pitch.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

Maybe because twitter and tumblr don’t sell books? If Marvel used those sites to determine what books to publish we will have another Spider-Man/Deadpool where they are gay for each other lol

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Nevermind. It was Sam Alexander Nova that I remember him from.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 06-26-2023 at 04:04 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Is this an ongoing or a mini? Marvel's often cagey on this.

Maybe. But if the speculator market went nuts for Spider-Punk, we'd have more Spider-Punk comics.

One other factor is that Dan Slott's obviously willing to write this book. I suspect he had a good pitch.
    He apparently also had a good pitch for Reckoning War and no one cared about that when it finally came out

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    He apparently also had a good pitch for Reckoning War and no one cared about that when it finally came out
    Didn't that take like ten years to come out because he kept getting sidetracked with whatever was going on in ASM? I remember it just kind of came and went and no one really talked about it that much.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Didn't that take like ten years to come out because he kept getting sidetracked with whatever was going on in ASM? I remember it just kind of came and went and no one really talked about it that much.
    15 years actually.