Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Stating facts is being pedantic now. Also most of the Spider-Verse stuff we get is based on the comic versions rather than the movies anyway. The only popular character that hasn't gotten a mini is Peni and that's cuz her creators haven't come back to Marvel.
    I was wondering why we didn't get a SP//DR mini series. That's too bad.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Stating facts is being pedantic now. Also most of the Spider-Verse stuff we get is based on the comic versions rather than the movies anyway. The only popular character that hasn't gotten a mini is Peni and that's cuz her creators haven't come back to Marvel.
    If the facts you bring up are not addressing someone's main point, then yes it is.

And the comic distinction is meaningless. Marvel consistently markets and takes advantage of the comic versions of a character when their movie versions are blowing up big. The only apparent exception is with Spider-Man Editorial.

Even then, I want to stress it wouldn't be as absurd if it wasn't for Spider-Boy getting an ongoing. That context matters in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Attachment 132932
    I will never not be amused they felt there was nothing good for Ben to do (too many Spider-people)… and then they announce Spider-Boy.

I’m not even angry. Just amused.
    Really gotta wonder if Lowe regrets putting that to print yet considering how it’s aged like milk in the hot sun.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    If the facts you bring up are not addressing someone's main point, then yes it is.

And the comic distinction is meaningless. Marvel consistently markets and takes advantage of the comic versions of a character when their movie versions are blowing up big. The only apparent exception is with Spider-Man Editorial.

Even then, I want to stress it wouldn't be as absurd if it wasn't for Spider-Boy getting an ongoing. That context matters in this discussion.
    Too focused on the book being "ongoing". Plenty of books are categorized as that and end after 6-12 issues.

Even if it does stay ongoing, what's the big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Really gotta wonder if Lowe regrets putting that to print yet considering how it’s aged like milk in the hot sun.
    Lol. I really don’t think they care.

At C2E2, they did a panel and said straight-faced to a concerned fan, “I promise we won’t disregard or disrespect Mary Jane.”

They’ll just say whatever and do whatever, I think.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Too focused on the book being "ongoing". Plenty of books are categorized as that and end after 6-12 issues.

Even if it does stay ongoing, what's the big deal?
    I have no doubt that Marvel is treating it as a mini on the inside, with plans to make it ongoing only if it sells. It's still absurd they're giving Spider-Boy that treatment and not any of the ATSV characters. That context matters.

Is there anything inherently absurd about giving Spider-Boy an ongoing? No. Is there anything inherently absurd about not giving the heroes from ATSV an ongoing? No. It's when you put that information together that it all starts to look absurd. There is zero logic to that. (It's obviously happening because Slott has a pull with Editorial.)
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 06-27-2023 at 01:25 PM.

I have no doubt that Marvel is treating it as a mini on the inside, with plans to make it ongoing only if it sells. It's still absurd they're giving Spider-Boy that treatment and not any of the ATSV characters. That context matters.

Is there anything inherently absurd about giving Spider-Boy an ongoing? No. Is there anything inherently absurd about not giving the heroes from ATSV an ongoing? No. It's when you put that information together that it all starts to look absurd. There is zero logic to that. (It's obviously happening because Slott has a pull with Editorial.)
    I’m already seeing the jokes on Twitter.

“Yeah, but this one is a WHITE boy.”

Spidey optics have been… wild… these last few months.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Somebody already mentioned that characters from the movie recently had books or currently do like Spider-Gwen's clone nonsense and her annual, Spider-Man India and Miguel's Carnage special.

Nothing's wrong with trying to push Spider-Boy especially by the time the book is out the movie would've been out for ages and probably on home media anyway.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Somebody already mentioned that characters from the movie recently had books or currently do like Spider-Gwen's clone nonsense and her annual, Spider-Man India and Miguel's Carnage special.

Nothing's wrong with trying to push Spider-Boy especially by the time the book is out the movie would've been out for ages and probably on home media anyway.
    All of those are minis or one-shots. There's no effort at an ongoing.

The core ATSV heroes are not just some current trend. These Spider-Verse movies will be remembered for years to come. Some of them already have a fanbase and huge following (Miles, Gwen, Miguel, Ben and Mayday at least - yes, I'm aware Miles has his own ongoing). Also, there is nothing to indicate Spider-Boy is a more viable long-term character than those four or than any "new" Spider-Heroes like Hobie and Pavitr. So you're still left with the question of "Why Spider-Boy and not the rest?"

Again, is there anything inherently absurd about giving Spider-Boy an ongoing? No. Is there anything inherently absurd about not giving the heroes from ATSV an ongoing? No. It's when you put that information together that it all starts to look absurd. There is zero logic to that. (It's obviously happening because Slott has a pull with Editorial.)

Again, context matters. Yet every time you or someone responds to me here, you/they strip that context from this discussion.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 06-27-2023 at 02:10 PM.

Spectacular Member parker stark's Avatar

I'm really hating this character. There was no reason for his creation. There are way too many Spider-people. I hope his story has him returning to his universe. Nobody in the 616 knows him & he takes away from Miles Morales. The true Parker protégée!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible Adult

Quote Originally Posted by parker stark View Post
    I'm really hating this character. There was no reason for his creation. There are way too many Spider-people. I hope his story has him returning to his universe. Nobody in the 616 knows him & he takes away from Miles Morales. The true Parker protégée!
    616 Peter doesnt train Miles at all and he rarely teams up with him at all
    Last edited by Jman27; 06-27-2023 at 02:44 PM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by parker stark View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood his introduction...but 616 is his universe. He got shanked by the magic knife and was wiped out of existence and it happened long enough ago that no one remembers him.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    616 Peter doesnt train Miles at all and he rarely teams up with him at all
    Maybe that should change.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

They should do a World's Finest-esque series starring Peter and Miles. Call it...SPIDER-MEN. Oh, and have fun guest stars like Mayday, Miguel, Hobie, Gwen and Pavitr show up from time to time. Also Forbush Man, Deadpool and Captain Universe.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    They should do a World's Finest-esque series starring Peter and Miles. Call it...SPIDER-MEN. Oh, and have fun guest stars like Mayday, Miguel, Hobie, Gwen and Pavitr show up from time to time. Also Forbush Man, Deadpool and Captain Universe.
    honestly this October would have been the best time for them to do a 616 Peter and Miles book. But what's more likely to happen is that they will just get a retelling of their game in comic book format
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy