Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s wisely staying away from social media, the Snyder Cult would be all over his comments in a frenzy anyway. His only appearances on social media recently have been to accept Quaid’s congrats and celebrate with Quaid over MAWS coming out:

https://twitter.com/corenswet/status...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

Ah, that's sweet .

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I am freaking excited for this! She was Marvelous as Mrs. Maisel, and I thought he'd make a good Superman ever since we watched "Hollywood" - plus he wants a hopeful Superman. This should be good!

And - while not absolutely necessary - if we can finally get a spitcurl again and some trunks again, then I'll be *really* happy! lol
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I’m assuming he means David’s age *right now*, so about 29-30 years old.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

First impression - David looks like Tom Welling, no like Henry Cavill, no - if the angle is right Brandon Routh. That is good. He actually takes some "bad" photos which is good too. My wife said, "his photos don't do him justice". He is about as buff as I was in my 20s which ain't saying much. He'll buff up but the key is not overdoing the pecs to the exclusion of the character as happened with Snyder/Cavill.

Seeing clips of him dispels any doubts I might have. He can play down-home nerdy or in your face serious. That is what Clark/Kal is. Two distinct characters. He engages (me anyway) in interviews I've tracked down far more than Cavill did. David is relaxed, awkward, shy, funny, expressive. He can do it all.

Rachel - not drop dead gorgeous but neither was Margot. But the lady can act. David will have to keep up with her - she is an incredible actress. I am expectantly hopeful the chemistry Chris/Margot had David/Rachel will have.

It's not a done deal. Discovery/WB is bleeding money. Flash may have lost 300 million. The studio does not have the budget to do a proper Superman film justice (think FX) and the takeover by NBC/Comcast is out there. A growing possibility. Also, David will be older than Cavill was when he filmed MOS. I wish David was 5 years younger as, if there is a sequel, he'll be 36/37 when it is filmed. Reeve was 25 when he filmed S:TM as was Routh when he filmed SR. And I have doubts about Gunn.

But David and Rachel - absolutely yes!
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-07-2023 at 03:46 PM.

One more thing. Corenswet has a great hairline. And hair - full and wavy. Gun could do several spit-curls but I'll settle for one. And please - no overdone slicked back look.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-07-2023 at 05:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Or it could be his age when the film is out, so around 31-32.

Either way, we broadly have an age range of very late twenties and early thirties which I think works for a relatively young Superman who nonetheless has been doing this for a while.

Early 30's works for another reason...Gunn says his Batman will be a 'couple' of years older than Clark. If we stretch 'couple' to something like, say, five at maximum, that gives us a Batman who'll be in his late 30's (maybe a bit older if BatB is set a couple of years after Legacy, in line with the release dates). Which just about makes sense in terms of Bruce being a father to Damian.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Or it could be his age when the film is out, so around 31-32.

Either way, we broadly have an age range of very late twenties and early thirties which I think works for a relatively young Superman who nonetheless has been doing this for a while.

Early 30's works for another reason...Gunn says his Batman will be a 'couple' of years older than Clark. If we stretch 'couple' to something like, say, five at maximum, that gives us a Batman who'll be in his late 30's (maybe a bit older if BatB is set a couple of years after Legacy, in line with the release dates). Which just about makes sense in terms of Bruce being a father to Damian.
    I guess Gunn doesn't have a precise age for Superman written in the script, and the character will just be as "older" as the actor playing him.

David turned 30 today, btw. Happy Birthday, Supes!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    First impression - David looks like Tom Welling, no like Henry Cavill, no - if the angle is right Brandon Routh. That is good. He actually takes some "bad" photos which is good too. My wife said, "his photos don't do him justice". He is about as buff as I was in my 20s which ain't saying much. He'll buff up but the key is not overdoing the pecs to the exclusion of the character as happened with Snyder/Cavill.
    He does look like an AI generated hybrid of Cavill and Welling imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    We won. He'll nail it.

I'm sorry Cavill fans (of which I am as well). Inevitably we'll get a fun multiverse team up with Corenswet and Cavill someday.
    This clip is great - thanks for posting it. Corenswet comes alive - very Clark Kentish. He is engaging and fun in interviews as was Cavill. But, for whatever reason, that Cavill charm never really showed when he was playing Superman and especially Clark. Coronswet is simply a better actor - at least better than Cavill was at the time. The same goes for Routh. He did not have the acting chops when he filmed SR to do the role justice. Routh has grown as an actor since and I've enjoyed things I've seen him in.

But Corenswet? Could he give Reeve a run for the money as the definitive big-screen Superman? It's a tall order but the potential is there with both him and Rachel to become as beloved in the iconic roles as Reeve and Kidder.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-08-2023 at 04:12 PM.

He looks like Superman not Cavill
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

He looks like an outlaw to me...me likey!!
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Cue American Alien comparisons.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Sun Studios rockabilly vibes. Awesome.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Sun Studios rockabilly vibes. Awesome.
    Yup - awesome. I'm not happy with SL possibly turning into an ensemble film as BvS did but, while I was worried that Cavill would not hold his own with Affleck and Gadot and Eisenberg (which he didn't), I am confidant David will more than hold his own no matter how many DC characters Gunn shoves into the film.

David may look like Cavill in some stills, but he really doesn't. Especially if you see his work or him in interviews. Really not much resemblance at all and David has a totally different persona. In a good way. Not that Cavill has a bad persona but that I find Corenswet's persona more engaging. His look is different from previous iterations and it's a great look. Right up there with Reeve and Christopher who had the best looks so far. There you go - Reeve, Christopher and Corenswet. Best Superman looks and all look different from one another.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-11-2023 at 05:15 PM.