Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Default Tim Drake aka Savior

Should Tim Drake adopt the name Savior? The costume looks cool & the name could separate him from the rest of Batman family.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It wasn't a terrible look but I'd ditch the extreme violence.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I'll accept damn near anything other than him still being Robin.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

No. Savior is a Superman villain.

A serial killer whose power Imagination A Psychological power. Ramsey wanted desperately to be a hero. To gain some kind of recognition like heroes do [Superman in particular] that he started fantasising about being a hero with powers. He daydream so much that he literally went insane and started hearing God.

Believing the delusions that he was God's chosen one He started calling himself Savior. He tattooed an S shield on his forehead and manifested Superman like powers.

When supes came back after Doomsday, Saviour believed that he was an imposter and started arching him. Launching a campaign to prove that Clark was an imposter.

He is defeated by forcing him to face reality. Civilian Ron Trope called him a 'little Man' it forced him to revert back to the none super powered man he used to be.

He ends up in an asylum. As hilarious as it was when Future adult Tim decided to go by the name, I don't think that's a name Tim should adopt in main continuity.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

No. Thos is just my opinion but tim IS Robin and will always be. Sure if done right he could pull what grayson did and adopt a new I identity but I like him as Robin. Though to be fair if he did become something else it would be a chance to prop up Damien as Robin so characters dont all have the same moniker same with the Batgirls I'd rather have one Tobin one Batgirl and one Batman in name.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    No. Thos is just my opinion but tim IS Robin and will always be. Sure if done right he could pull what grayson did and adopt a new I identity but I like him as Robin. Though to be fair if he did become something else it would be a chance to prop up Damien as Robin so characters dont all have the same moniker same with the Batgirls I'd rather have one Tobin one Batgirl and one Batman in name.
    You mean like the last 15 years or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    You mean like the last 15 years or so?
    Damian's solo run as Robin is way less than 15 years. It's about 5 years. The period before the new 52. Since then the mantle/role has been shared with others.

It'd be nice if he got more time in the role proper. Just being THE Robin, doing typical Robin stuff like the others boys did. Without sharing the name/sidekick duties and without editorial keeping him away from Gotham.

It's crazy that the last time Damian was in the Batman title was City of Bane before popping up with the family last week.
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-28-2023 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian's solo run as Robin is way less than 15 years. It's about 5 years. The period before the new 52. Since then the mantle/role has been shared with others.
    He's been promoted as "the Robin" for the last 15 years, solo or not. And has resonated more (despite his initial appearrance) with current readers as Robin then Tim has as well.

Astonishing Member

It'd be nice if he got more time in the role proper. Just being THE Robin, doing typical Robin stuff like the others boys did. Without sharing the name/sidekick duties and without editorial keeping him away from Gotham.

It's crazy that the last time Damian was in the Batman title was City of Bane before popping up with the family last week.
    To be fair, Jason was Robin for around five years (he even has a reboot in the middle too).

Still, Damian has been considered the the main Robin most of these 15 years, while Tim is Robin Tim Drake.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I dont think Savior is the best option for a new name for Tim. It's a bit....egotistical and doesn't fit Tim's character at all. I love Tim as Robin, but would also like to see Tim moved past that from a generic title to something specific to him.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I dont think Savior is the best option for a new name for Tim. It's a bit....egotistical and doesn't fit Tim's character at all. I love Tim as Robin, but would also like to see Tim moved past that from a generic title to something specific to him.
    Savior isn't really a hero name. What kind of hero will call themselves Savior?

One with a hero/God Complex.

A serial killer whose power Imagination A Psychological power. Ramsey wanted desperately to be a hero. To gain some kind of recognition like heroes do [Superman in particular] that he started fantasising about being a hero with powers. He daydream so much that he literally went insane and started hearing God.

Believing the delusions that he was God's chosen one He started calling himself Savior. He tattooed an S shield on his forehead and manifested Superman like powers.

When supes came back after Doomsday, Saviour believed that he was an imposter and started arching him. Launching a campaign to prove that Clark was an imposter.

He is defeated by forcing him to face reality. Civilian Ron Trope called him a 'little Man' it forced him to revert back to the none super powered man he used to be.

He ends up in an asylum. As hilarious as it was when Future adult Tim decided to go by the name, I don't think that's a name Tim should adopt in main continuity.

I remember this guy. He was bat ****. I want Tim to take his name.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Like the costume & his time as Robin is over so here comes the Savior, I just hope he sticks to being a hero not some gun totting maniac
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Screw that! There should be a story where Tim time-travles back to actually become this version of Savior. Ending up in an asylum would be a neat way to write him out of ongoing continuity without changing what went before. And then we readers wouldn't have to suffer endless attempts to make Tim Drake interesting. It would be a kindness to us.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I lean towards the idea of Tim retiring from superheroics altogether or on a regular basis at least. Maybe he digs out the suit for the occasional Bat-family crossover.

Of all the Robins though, Tim is the one who I always felt had the best shot at a relatively 'normal' life outside the cape and mask. Remember, Tim initially became Robin not because of some childhood trauma or other overwhelming personal reason but simply to ensure that Batman has a Robin. That purpose was served a long time ago, and it's now time for Tim to move on.

There are a lot of ways they can still keep Tim around and have him be relevant. Let him take a major role in Wayne Enterprises or Wayne Tech (or hell, take over the companies). Let him become a tech guru in his own right. A tech consultant for the Justice League and/or other superhero teams. Or achieve excellence and help the world in some other way not involved in superheroics.

Hell, maybe he just becomes a private detective!

It's one way for Tim to find his 'niche'. Dick is the original Robin who became a great hero and leader in his own right as Nightwing. Jason is the edgy Robin who died and then came back as a gun-toting anti-hero/villain and the black sheep of the family. Damian is the biological son of Batman who was raised to become an assassin and found redemption as Robin. Let Tim be the one who became Robin because of the importance of the role in Batman's life, and now he's done his time and is moving on to save the world in other ways.