Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Honestly, I lean towards the idea of Tim retiring from superheroics altogether or on a regular basis at least. Maybe he digs out the suit for the occasional Bat-family crossover.

Of all the Robins though, Tim is the one who I always felt had the best shot at a relatively 'normal' life outside the cape and mask. Remember, Tim initially became Robin not because of some childhood trauma or other overwhelming personal reason but simply to ensure that Batman has a Robin. That purpose was served a long time ago, and it's now time for Tim to move on.

There are a lot of ways they can still keep Tim around and have him be relevant. Let him take a major role in Wayne Enterprises or Wayne Tech (or hell, take over the companies). Let him become a tech guru in his own right. A tech consultant for the Justice League and/or other superhero teams. Or achieve excellence and help the world in some other way not involved in superheroics.

Hell, maybe he just becomes a private detective!

It's one way for Tim to find his 'niche'. Dick is the original Robin who became a great hero and leader in his own right as Nightwing. Jason is the edgy Robin who died and then came back as a gun-toting anti-hero/villain and the black sheep of the family. Damian is the biological son of Batman who was raised to become an assassin and found redemption as Robin. Let Tim be the one who became Robin because of the importance of the role in Batman's life, and now he's done his time and is moving on to save the world in other ways.
    This could have worked before but now it would be received poorly. You can’t just tuck away your gays, there is no way to retire him save perhaps him getting to star in some pivotal DC event and him playing a vital role.

Maeve from the boys did this pretty well, but they also didn’t actually kill her and left a back door for her return if the actress chooses too. But this is the closest to a happy ending she can get right now.
    Last edited by Rac7d*; 07-02-2023 at 10:30 AM.

Honestly, I lean towards the idea of Tim retiring from superheroics altogether or on a regular basis at least. Maybe he digs out the suit for the occasional Bat-family crossover.

Of all the Robins though, Tim is the one who I always felt had the best shot at a relatively 'normal' life outside the cape and mask. Remember, Tim initially became Robin not because of some childhood trauma or other overwhelming personal reason but simply to ensure that Batman has a Robin. That purpose was served a long time ago, and it's now time for Tim to move on.

There are a lot of ways they can still keep Tim around and have him be relevant. Let him take a major role in Wayne Enterprises or Wayne Tech (or hell, take over the companies). Let him become a tech guru in his own right. A tech consultant for the Justice League and/or other superhero teams. Or achieve excellence and help the world in some other way not involved in superheroics.

It's one way for Tim to find his 'niche'. Dick is the original Robin who became a great hero and leader in his own right as Nightwing. Jason is the edgy Robin who died and then came back as a gun-toting anti-hero/villain and the black sheep of the family. Damian is the biological son of Batman who was raised to become an assassin and found redemption as Robin. Let Tim be the one who became Robin because of the importance of the role in Batman's life, and now he's done his time and is moving on to save the world in other ways.
    I want Tim to become a PI so bad. They just need to age him up already. Him still being 16/17 is not doing him any favors.

I kinda want Tim to be single for awhile too. I don’t care how they get rid of Bernard, but he’s holding Tim back.
    Heck, this would be great! Make Tim a PI and on the side he works with Steph and and somewhere along the way something rekindles their romance.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This could have worked before but now it would be received poorly. You can’t just tuck away your gays, there is no way to retire him save perhaps him getting to star in some pivotal DC event and him playing a vital role.

Maeve from the boys did this pretty well, but they also didn’t actually kill her and left a back door for her return if the actress chooses too. But this is the closest to a happy ending she can get right now.
    Oh yeah...totally forgot about Tim being gay now. Or is it bi?

Extraordinary Member

Oh yeah...totally forgot about Tim being gay now. Or is it bi?
    He is bi but the trope
    Is titled
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...n/BuryYourGays

Mighty Member

More like https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ButNotTooBi

I feel like Jason would take the piss out of Tim if he became Saviour. He'd call Tim "Black Hood" and tell him to get a new look.

I'm for aging Tim up and moving him beyond Robin. I'm not sure Tim becoming Savior would be the way to go as that identity was from a dark timeline.

I'm more having Tim become a plain clothes PI similar to Brubaker and Lark's "Scene of the Crime".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scen...Crime_(comics)
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-02-2023 at 02:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    That’s applicable to even the likes of wonderwoman and is a different issue

Mighty Member

That’s applicable to even the likes of wonderwoman and is a different issue

I mean bury your gays is more of a killing trope and it doesn't really apply here. Could be this:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoBisexuals

I think he should retire. Tium taking over WE makes zero sense since he knows nothing about running a small business not to talk about a multinational.

Tim as a PI could work but those stories are only as smart as the writer. Tim's last solo was leaning into Tim the detective. We saw how interesting that turned out.

He could retire and take a position at WE making Tech for the Bats. That will allow him to still have some presence in the stories. Like have be a subordinate of Fox.
    Last edited by Fergus; 07-02-2023 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I want Tim to become a PI so bad. They just need to age him up already. Him still being 16/17 is not doing him any favors.

I kinda want Tim to be single for awhile too. I don’t care how they get rid of Bernard, but he’s holding Tim back.
    Heck, this would be great! Make Tim a PI and on the side he works with Steph and and somewhere along the way something rekindles their romance.
    Tim should be kept very very far from Steph. The discuss since he came out has revealed just how much her character is defined by her relationship with Tim. It's detrimental to Steph. Likely where after Batgirls, her co starts already have books while she has nothing.

Steph has to stand on her own.
    If Tim breaks up with Bernard then his next love should be male. He is Bi, he's had a significant romance with a girl and he's yet to have the same with a boy so if I were DC I'd keep the girls far from Tim for a while.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Tim should be kept very very far from Steph. The discuss since he came out has revealed just how much her character is defined by her relationship with Tim. It's detrimental to Steph. Likely where after Batgirls, her co starts already have books while she has nothing.

Steph has to stand on her own.
    If Tim breaks up with Bernard then his next love should be male. He is Bi, he's had a significant romance with a girl and he's yet to have the same with a boy so if I were DC I'd keep the girls far from Tim for a while.
    If your going to pick a guy why not blue birds brother? Or Air Wave? Both can be interesting.

Steph already has stood on her own. Her bat girl book and as Spoiler for years. They were friends before dating too.

Also Dick on Eart 2 kept the Robin moniker. Why does Tim need a new name? Why not go back to Red Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    If your going to pick a guy why not blue birds brother? Or Air Wave? Both can be interesting.

Steph already has stood on her own. Her bat girl book and as Spoiler for years. They were friends before dating too.

Also Dick on Eart 2 kept the Robin moniker. Why does Tim need a new name? Why not go back to Red Robin?
    Dick on Earth 3 created ands made Robin what it was on that earth that's why he can keep it.

On our Earth the creator gave the mantle to Damian.
    Not to mention that Robin is a shared mantle with majority of it's value added by others [not tim] Tim right now is being carried by the Robin mantle and that's not how it should be.

Tim can be Red Robin.

The discuss since Tim dumped Steph indicates that as far some fans are concerned She's just Tim's girl. Look at the conversations we are having about her and look at the conversations we are having about the other batgirls. Steph's discuss is nothing but shipping even as her book is cancelled and her future is injerpodary here we are talking about TimXSteph.

I think Cullen and Tim could make a good match if they want him dating a civilian. I don't mind who Tim dates so long as it's not Kon. I like Superboy, I don't want to deal with Tim in a Kon title.
    Last edited by Fergus; 07-03-2023 at 04:47 AM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Dick on Earth 3 created ands made Robin what it was on that earth that's why he can keep it.

On our Earth the creator gave the mantle to Damian.
    Not to mention that Robin is a shared mantle with majority of it's value added by others [not tim] Tim right now is being carried by the Robin mantle and that's not how it should be.

Tim can be Red Robin.

The discuss since Tim dumped Steph indicates that as far some fans are concerned She's just Tim's girl. Look at the conversations we are having about her and look at the conversations we are having about the other batgirls. Steph's discuss is nothing but shipping even as her book is cancelled and her future is injerpodary here we are talking about TimXSteph.

I think Cullen and Tim could make a good match if they want him dating a civilian. I don't mind who Tim dates so long as it's not Kon. I like Superboy, I don't want to deal with Tim in a Kon title.
    Agreed on Red Robin. As it woks for him.

The reason being is because of how nice they click. The same thing happen with MJ and with Sue storm. The break up was not done well and because of that discussion revolves around the two of them as an item. Look at the thread for Steph. Were talking about other things too regarding her. There is a lot to talk about steph.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Pic of Savior???

Quote Originally Posted by agentofthebat View Post
    Pic of Savior???