Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I'd like a show of hands of those who feel like Otis should be part of Lex Luthor lore.
    Hasn't Otis (as a competent strongman) been used in the TV show Superman and Lois or am I misremembering?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Hasn't Otis (as a competent strongman) been used in the TV show Superman and Lois or am I misremembering?
    He was on that show, yes, as a competent criminal tough guy type. Under a different last name, he was also on Supergirl in the Arrowverse.

I'm not a big fan of Lex Luthor having recurring henchmen, as it all smacks of too much silliness. But its not a dealbreaker for me.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 02-27-2024 at 10:26 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

He was on that show, yes, as a competent criminal tough guy type. Under a different last name, he was also on Supergirl in the Arrowverse.

I'm not a big fan of Lex Luthor having recurring henchmen, as it all smacks of too much silliness. But its not a dealbreaker for me.
    Mercy was cool.

I'd be down with a few like Otis and Mercy.

Give him a few to turn into super goons like Clay, Rudy, or John.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It's just hard for me to believe a businessman mogul Lex Luthor would ever willingly let a silly buffoon type of character like Otis work for him. Gene Hackman's Luthor was a full on criminal living in hiding and had limited options. But of course we don't know what this movie's take on Luthor and Otis will be.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    It's just hard for me to believe a businessman mogul Lex Luthor would ever willingly let a silly buffoon type of character like Otis work for him. Gene Hackman's Luthor was a full on criminal living in hiding and had limited options. But of course we don't know what this movie's take on Luthor and Otis will be.
    Well I trust Gunn for the most part not to make Otis a buffoon. In GotG Ronan had Nebula and Gamora as his right hand men and still had a bunch of cannon fodder henchmen too. As long as Luthor has a decent mix of both super-powered folks and grunts, it should be entertaining enough.

Luthor's appearance in Superman did not thrill me. He not only had a whack-ass plan for Luthor, but he had goofy sidekicks.

Otisburg is also a small part of Gotham in Arkham Knight.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Otisburg is also a small part of Gotham in Arkham Knight.
    It's from the comics, not just Arkham Knight, and first appeared in Cataclysm
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Incredible Member

Goodbye, #SupermanLegacy movie title and Hello, #Superman .

Here's also the first sneak peek at the new movie costume, well, just the new S-shield.

To recap: On the first day of principal filming (Feb 29th, traditionally Superman's birthday in-story), Writer / Director James Gunn reveals that he has officially changed the title from Superman Legacy to Superman

Technically, we've never had an adjective-less Superman movie before. 1978's Masterpiece was officially titled "Superman: The Movie".

The new title is more direct and less imaginative, IMO.

I guess we're following Batman's 1989 example and will likely informally reference this film in the future as #Superman2025 or "Superman25".

The new S-shield looks interesting.

Clearly some Kingdom Come influence there but with brighter colors (glad they kept the golden yellow bits).

The snow on the chest makes me think of the Fortress of Solitude.

Overall: I'm intrigued and cautiously optimistic.

So, when do we get that first teaser trailer and one-sheet? San Diego Comic Con?

I'm still feeling optimistic... And while it's basic, I don't mind the title change. "Superman Legacy" didn't really make sense for an introductory movie with a new actor in the role. And the title and the crest make me feel they are still trying to go classic Superman.
    Even though there are plenty of people who are fans of the Snyderverse interpretation, I think that since Cavill's Superman there has been more awareness and appreciation of the classic corn-fed optimistic Superman, like what we are currently getting in "Superman & Lois" and "My Adventures with Superman." I'm taking this as a positive sign... and at least they are starting shooting!

What no "The superman?"

Love the logo and dropping "Legacy" from the title .
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    What no "The superman?"
    People would get confused think it's in the same continuity as the Reeves Batman movies.

Haha I've never thought of Superman as "corn-fed" before. Thats wonderful. He totally is.

Mighty Member

Time for thread change name. Can a mod change it to Superman