Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Superman: Legacy

It's Official; DCU’s Superman And Lois Lane has been cast

‘Superman: Legacy’ Finds Leads With David Corenswet and Rachel Brosnahan

Cool casting .

Incredible Member

They could've done just as well transitioning the CW Superman & Lois actors.

Whatever story is being told, hopefully it can be more than revolving around Superman, Lois, Lex and kryptonite.

Great casting so far!

We'll see...
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Extraordinary Member

I won't judge because I know nothing about either one of them. Hope it turns out spectacular. I love Superman.

The actor looks like he needs to gain about 20 pounds or more of muscle on his frame.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, he looks like AverageYoungMan as compared to Superman. If this is just origin or getting Supes started, mooning over Lois, etc. - oh well.

A new take on that! Yeah, right. Sorry to be cynical. The first Christopher Reeve origin, Lois interaction kind of set the pace for that aspect of his life. The Superman and Lois show handles the after marriage life with kids. I don't see what there is new to mine in the personal aspects of origin and startup.

We need a good bash up with Brainiac or something like that. Not a watered down Brainiac.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I do not know David Corenswet from anything. A quick look on IMDB confirms that. He has the hairline and jawline to look Superman for sure. I wait to be impressed.
    I DO however know Rachel Brosnahan and her casting as LOIS LANE is instantly approved.

Support Cast
    Suit
    Foe(s)

Lets see what happens next.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I have no clue who David Corenswet is. He looks smallish for the part but I am sure that he will bulk up before the movie.

I am going to wait and see what the story and who the villain is before I make a judgement. I just hope they do something different with the movie other then the said "Oh Golly Lois you sure are wonderful." Bit.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I'm really game for a purely Superman + Lois story, especially if it feels like a modernized callback to the pre-crisis Lois & Clark dynamic.. I would even be into a Superman movie that is part rom com. I just think Hollywood has a poor track record when it comes to the characterization women in male led franchises (especially CBMs) . Even in this age where supposedly everything is "woke" now there haven't been great strides in that area across the board (of course there are many notable exceptions though) . whether she is the love interest or also a significant part of the story she should feel like a real character and not just someone there to prop up Clark's story. If the movie is an origin story the focus should primarily be on Clark but if a good amount of the movie is about their relationship then Lois should share a lot of that story focus. It goes beyond just giving her "stuff to do," it's about how she's written and how she interacts with other characters as well as the male lead.

Not to say James Gunn isn't cognizant of those things but these ultimately negative tropes persist even to this day, even from femme writers and creators.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

He's 6'4". Dang. That is gonna be a tall Supes.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Superman mooning over Lois, Bats being nuts over his parents. Is there anything really new in these bits of background? I don't think so.

If one goes off canon too much, that's a factor for a flop. Look at Flash - how is that guy anything like any of the Flashes we knew?

The X-Men versions of Phoenix - flop. Producers/Directors need not to 'reinvent' the basics of characters and stories if they want to touch into a fan base that has some knowledge of the character.

You can redo Blue Bugger (haha) as most folks have no idea who a teenage insect is - outside of Spiderman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He's 6'4". Dang. That is gonna be a tall Supes.
    Brothers Alexander and Bill Skarsgård are in the running to play Luthor, are both 6'4 too.

Everyone saying David is too small or too thin, or not muscular enough- just remember that Chris Pratt got JACKED for the first Guardians film, and Christian Bale originally put on so much muscle when he was cast, that he had to loose some of it, lest he be called 'Fatman'.

I don't know either actors, but on looks alone they nailed it. And there is a history of casting relative unknowns for Superman, so I am cautiously optimistic.

I get the impulse to cast a Lex Luthor, but frankly I hope they only use him as a cameo in the first film. Superman has a rather large Rogue's gallery, and to date we've had Lex 5 times (or 6 if you count the wealthy industrialist from Superman III that was practically a Lex clone), and Zod twice (or three times if you count Doomsday in Batman V Superman). I hope they use a new villain- Parasite, or Metallo, or Brainiac. SOMEONE else.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Brothers Alexander and Bill Skarsgård are in the running to play Luthor, are both 6'4 too.
    No to both as a matter of fact no more lex no more jokers.