Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Henry wasn't jacked yet either when he was cast.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Everyone saying David is too small or too thin, or not muscular enough...
    Even though audiences didn't expect actors to be jacked back then, they said it about Christopher Reeve as well.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Even though audiences didn't expect actors to be jacked back then, they said it about Christopher Reeve as well.
    Watch X-Men (2000) and Days of Future Past it's night and day the change in Hugh Jackman's body.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Henry wasn't jacked yet either when he was cast.
    Yeah, I remember the complaints, and then when a few stills of him in the suit were shown, the same shrill voices claimed that it was 'obviously' a padded suit with drawn-on muscles to make up for the actors scrawny physique, that they were experts in spotting that sort of thing. And then, the movie came out, and Cavill had his shirt off and was a *beast*, and many voices cried and were silenced, as if the Death Star had blown up planet whiny internet know-it-all.

I am fine with this new guy have a physique more like Tyler Hoechlin (cause Superman's strength really doesn't have much to do with the circumference of his biceps anyway), and not quite as jacked as Cavill, but hey, if he can pull it up, big can be beautiful, too!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He's 6'4". Dang. That is gonna be a tall Supes.
    Christopher Reeve was 6'4 too. I think Routh was 6'3 or thereabout.

Interestingly, I think Cavill was actually the shortest out of all them at around 6'1.

Edit: I'm talking movies only.
    Last edited by Username taken; 07-03-2023 at 11:16 AM.

The best Superman of all time, Christopher Reeve, was not jacked. There is no need for Superman to be jacked, he does not need muscles in order to be Superman. Its not as if he could ever do an effective workout anyhow, whats he going to do, bench press the moon? He's supernaturally strong, due to the sun, it has nothing to do with muscles. Nothing against Carvill but I'd love it if he just looked like a non-jacked, normal, fit human being again.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 07-03-2023 at 12:13 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

James Gunn's New Superman Update Breaks A Modern Superman Movie Trend

James Gunn's Superman: Legacy stars David Corenswet, and the director has just revealed an aspect of the film that breaks a Superman movie trend.

All signs point to Gunn skipping over the origin story and now Clark’s years in Smallville. I am so down for this! We don’t need to see Krypton explode for the umpteenth time and Clark’s teenage years have also been done countless times in movies and tv shows.

Taking a page for The Batman. Just go straight to year 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    All signs point to Gunn skipping over the origin story and now Clark’s years in Smallville. I am so down for this! We don’t need to see Krypton explode for the umpteenth time and Clark’s teenage years have also been done countless times in movies and tv shows.

Taking a page for The Batman. Just go straight to year 2.
    Stuff like this is always confusing me we've only seen Krypton and superman origin 2 times in 6 movies? Superman returns is short to count. Same with superman Smallville years . It's like whan people were talking about how many times we had seen spidermans origin it had only been 2 by the time of homecoming yet people talk about it like they had seen 100s of times.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Stuff like this is always confusing me we've only seen Krypton and superman origin 2 times in 6 movies? Superman returns is short to count. Same with superman Smallville years . It's like whan people were talking about how many times we had seen spidermans origin it had only been 2 by the time of homecoming yet people talk about it like they had seen 100s of times.
    In this case, long standing characters like Superman, Batman and Spider-Man have origins stories that have played out across tv, radio, movies, comics, newspapers, video games, etc - while it’s different to see it play out in a movie, most know how they came to be.

Regardless of how you’re exposed to the origin, you really only need exposure once a generation.

Astonishing Member

I was wanting the definitive answer of what happened between Clark and Lana the night of the Prom in Daddy Kent's truck!

The Superman and Lois' Lana is so much better looking and personable than their version of Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I was wanting the definitive answer of what happened between Clark and Lana the night of the Prom in Daddy Kent's truck!

The Superman and Lois' Lana is so much better looking and personable than their version of Lois.
    Except when she's being a jerk to Lois.

I imagine "Pocket Full of Kryptonite" won't be in it either.

It should just all be John Denver songs.

Incredible Member