Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I imagine "Pocket Full of Kryptonite" won't be in it either.

It should just all be John Denver songs.
    You know, that would be quite the challenge. But Gunn could probably pull it off.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Mighty Member

I guess we're filling out the ranks of this universe even outside the Authority.

Hawkgirl for DCAU League?

Gunn seemed really determined to get Mr. Terrific in so that's not too surprising, hope they can do him justice in live-action.

It's kind of hilarious how we're getting three Earth Lanterns already in this universe. Fillion as Guy though? I associate him more with Hal but Fillion seems a little too...charming and charismatic for Guy. Guy should be more rough around the edges.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess we're filling out the ranks of this universe even outside the Authority.

Hawkgirl for DCAU League?

Gunn seemed really determined to get Mr. Terrific in so that's not too surprising, hope they can do him justice in live-action.

It's kind of hilarious how we're getting three Earth Lanterns already in this universe. Fillion as Guy though? I associate him more with Hal but Fillion seems a little too...charming and charismatic for Guy. Guy should be more rough around the edges.
    I think the reason Fillion is Guy is because he is too old for Hal now. They are going younger for all the main roles so I imagine Hal or John will be in their 30s or early 40s

Fillion as Guy is an ... interesting choice. I wonder if he'll essentially play it like Captain Hammer (although maybe a little toned down from that, but who knows?) It's weird that Guy only had the bowl cut because he was in a coma from a brain injury. They kept it awhile I imagine because it was an indication that he still had lingering mental issues as he was acting a bit crazy. But he just kept it for no reason even afterwards because it's just iconic to his look. (of all the older Lanterns, he's the only one who's never changed his uniform when he's a GL - just a couple of tweaks)

CNN seems to have no idea about comics. They reported, "Fillion is set to star as a character who becomes the alien entity in DC Studios’ upcoming “Superman: Legacy,” the film’s studio confirmed to CNN on Tuesday."

They also clearly didn't research the difference between Hal and Guy: "Fillion is quite familiar with the Green Lantern, having voiced the role of the superhero in at least ten different animated titles between 2011 and 2020. “Legacy” will be his first time portraying the character on screen in a live-action movie."

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think the reason Fillion is Guy is because he is too old for Hal now. They are going younger for all the main roles so I imagine Hal or John will be in their 30s or early 40s
    But Guy isn't that much older than Hal or John, I'd think.

Although this does make me wonder now if he's been a Lantern longer than they have.

I wonder if Fillion will dye his hair.

Out of all the GLs it'll be interesting to see why Guy was the one that fits Gunn's story. I have to think him being a jerk will play into it.

Someone has to own the bar!

Well ok we know Fillion is in it now. Who will Sean Gunn play? Be funny if he was Mister Mxyzptlk.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...190020307.html

Anthony Carrigan is Metamorpho!

This write up notes that that with the SAG-AFTRA strike looming for tonight at midnight, they are moving to lock people up since negotiations cannot happen during the strike.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...190020307.html

Anthony Carrigan is Metamorpho!

This write up notes that that with the SAG-AFTRA strike looming for tonight at midnight, they are moving to lock people up since negotiations cannot happen during the strike.
    I like Carrigan, not sure how I feel about him as Rex though.

Guess we're getting live-action Terrifics.

love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them