Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm guessing Revelation's Forces would include Storm and the Brotherhood as the most recent XMR solicit indicates a meeting between him and Storm.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I can understand why some wouldn't like the issue. It basically cleaves off everything that used to be evil about Apocalypse and pastes it onto his wife. No, see, he actually LOVED peace and prosperity! It was always this crazy ***** who was all about that 'strong at all costs, war forever for strength' biz! Apocalypse' later actions don't really make sense with his new motivations, and that 'I did it to make them grow' felt handwavey and splitting hairs compared to what his wife was saying.

The real problem is Genesis. She's just not interesting and doesn't have any depth. Personally I don't find her design all that interesting to boot; she looks too much like a character belonging in Black Panther. She's just kind of boring "we must do war because that's what we should do", and her turn back in Swords had her go down hilariously easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm guessing Revelation's Forces would include Storm and the Brotherhood as the most recent XMR solicit indicates a meeting between him and Storm.
    There's so many interesting variables. I figure some of the Arakkii will be very much against Genesis especially if they learn that she opted to keep the rift open. But some may feel some type of way about what happened to their land and people when Uranos attacked, and she'll use that against Storm. If she does indeed have White Sword resurrect the dead Arakkii, that opens up a whole other can of worms. Then we have the Summoner/demon army on top of all of that.

It's shaping up to be epic.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Don't forget, guys -

Uranos is the ultimate nihilist. Annihilation doesn't HAVE to subdue him.....literally he wants the exact same things it seems to. All it really needs to do is whisper a way to subvert the hold the Eternals have over him, keeping him caged, and he'd be like sure, I've literally already been on Team Destroy Everything In Sight Just Because Its There for several million years. What're we hitting next?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by vbeacon View Post
    If Apocalypse had Okkara gate seeds, why did he need to make the external gate?
    That's in the issue too. Apoph made the seeds while genesis was off collecting death from the vampires. He didn't have those until after the external gate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I can understand why some wouldn't like the issue. It basically cleaves off everything that used to be evil about Apocalypse and pastes it onto his wife. No, see, he actually LOVED peace and prosperity! It was always this crazy ***** who was all about that 'strong at all costs, war forever for strength' biz! Apocalypse' later actions don't really make sense with his new motivations, and that 'I did it to make them grow' felt handwavey and splitting hairs compared to what his wife was saying.

The real problem is Genesis. She's just not interesting and doesn't have any depth. Personally I don't find her design all that interesting to boot; she looks too much like a character belonging in Black Panther. She's just kind of boring "we must do war because that's what we should do", and her turn back in Swords had her go down hilariously easily.
    This pretty much. This issue is trying to do the heavy lifting of suggesting that everything Apocalypse did (The torture of characters, the genocide, the child-grooming, the genocide, the mental abuse, the attempted genocide) was Al in service of some noble goal and is trying to use that to set up a “Was Apocalypse ever really that had to begin with?”

Yes. Yes he was. And honestly this only works because these characters are fictional, because if you tried to apply this to one of the historical people of the world who tried to put social dawrwinism into practice the writer would probably end up cancelled, and for good reason.

Wait, these characters are fictional? Well I'll be damned.

Astonishing Member

Nope. Never mind.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    ...I never suggested they weren't or that people here didn't think that. My entire point was that if you tried this interpretation with any historical figure who did what Apocalypse has attempted to do, you'd probably end up canceled and for good reason.

The thing I love about serialized ongoing comics is that a character like Apocalypse doesn't have to stay a one-dimensional villain forever. Imo he's never been more interesting. And it's likely that one day in the far future someone may retcon the retcon of the retcons and make him one-dimensional again.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously.

That said...I'll continue drinking my water.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Its almost as if charachters are molded to fit the story being told. It's almost as if the story being told is in a larger context of an era which already started this trend. If anyone has an issue with apocalypse being more "human" now this book isnt where their grievances should lay, they should go waaaaaaaay back to x of swords. Yeah hickman the great x architect did that Ewing is simply not only dancing to that beat but actually making sense of it. Same way he danced to beat of vulcan being able to manifest his dead friends in real life. This is an era, everything is written from the origin point to make sense within the era. If some want big bad force of nature apocalypse sooo much they ain't gonna get it in this era. Maybe wait for the inevitable reboot? Yeah.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Astonishing Member

Make him non-one dimensional by having attempted genocide for the good of those he did it too...sure.

You know, you could just kill Apocalypse and make a new villain to fill the peg he's currently being squeezed into...nah never mind, this is Marvel, no one ever dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Its almost as if charachters are molded to fit the story being told. It's almost as if the story being told is in a larger context of an era which already started this trend. If anyone has an issue with apocalypse being more "human" now this book isnt where their grievances should lay, they should go waaaaaaaay back to x of swords. Yeah hickman the great x architect did that Ewing is simply not only dancing to that beat but actually making sense of it. Same way he danced to beat of vulcan being able to manifest his dead friends in real life. This is an era, everything is written from the origin point to make sense within the era. If some want big bad force of nature apocalypse sooo much they ain't gonna get it in this era. Maybe wait for the inevitable reboot? Yeah.
    I didn't approve of those either but whatever, I'll leave. Enjoy Mr. Blue Man Group.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Make him non-one dimensional by having attempted genocide for the good of those he did it too...sure.

You know, you could just kill Apocalypse and make a new villain to fill the peg he's currently being squeezed into...nah never mind, this is Marvel, no one ever dies.

I didn't approve of those either but whatever, I'll leave. Enjoy Mr. Blue Man Group.
    See you at the inevitable reboot bestie. Chao
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

I think it does the opposite of that. Apoph is worse than genesis in that he does nothing to curtail her worse impulses and supports them unequivocally. He loves the violence just as much as she does. He gave her the seed to make war on Arrako.