Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

The writing was good but the full product worth $5?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And someone needs to decapitate that Akaba woman. Draw and quarter her body and feed the pieces to demons....just saying.

Genesis' downfall will stem from believing the lies of an Orchis associate instead of her husband's warning.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    God I hate that woman sooo much, when she appeared i was like TF?! who told you where they were?
    She's so wretched. Killing is her favorite thing and she especially loves killing mutants. As soon as A said the Okkara gates are made of mutant magic and the seeds feed on mutant blood I was like ugh, this maniac already hacked a gate using mutant blood. That's why she got all excited in X-Men Red #12 when Genesis used it and told Orchis they need to study it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Amazing Member

If Apocalypse had Okkara gate seeds, why did he need to make the external gate?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And someone needs to decapitate that Akaba woman. Draw and quarter her body and feed the pieces to demons....just saying.

Genesis' downfall will stem from believing the lies of an Orchis associate instead of her husband's warning.
    This may not be a casual remark, Ewing's way of killing off characters is very brutal, especially the villains he writes. So good luck to her.
    Last edited by StormBorn06; 06-28-2023 at 09:10 AM.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I'm really happy we get actual new villains in this era.
    Also I love how it seems that Ewing is succeeding in mixing "new Apocalypse" with the villain we've always known.

(also love the sassy demon, obvi)
    His A is really compelling and filling in the bits of history was so good. Tying in White Sword into all of it, the children. I usually need time before I warm up to new characters but I'm all in with the Arakkii/Okkarrii.

A's little demon friend is a breakout star.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vbeacon View Post
    He probably forgot he had those Seeds in his Pocketses.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

He wanted to kill the Externals. Could you blame him ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I think so too. I still have a good feeling about Death. (that's a weird sentence)

Indeed and Marianna Stern. What do we know about her? That she's a psycho murderer, that's what.

She killed her own coven to make Morgan Le Fay happy and then joined Coven Akkaba.

Gleefully killed Pete Wisdom and used his mutant blood to hack a Krakoa gate.

And she put her magical hands on my Julio because she loves torturing mutants.

Her whole deal is sucking up to powerful beings to siphon off their magic and that's exactly what she's going to do with Genesis. She's a psychopath with glasses and a messy bun, the worst kind. She needs to be put down and I know just the mutant to do it while Storm deals with Genesis.
    Marianna is your average British Blonde with glasses

Like many I loved every bit of this issue. The Genesis War is shaping up to be one helluva story and I'm here for it!!
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

It seems like the seeds are very special. He probably didn't want to waste them when he could just kill a few Externals and amp up Rictor's powers lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    The people saying that it wasnt a good issue well it's basically one person, often goes around getting in their own head about things only to get disappointed. I too read the issue and wondered what isnt good about it? It set everything up very well, and s the title suggested gave a clear direction as to where the Fall of x will take arakko. Seems like aside orchis fall of x has no connection to whatever mess krakoa, the xmen and jean got going on. It will be it's own separate thing I kinda get why storm isnt at the gala now.
    This issue was excellent, a masterclass in explaining character development, placement, motivation and motive. I completely understand why genesis is the way she is and why her and her husband work the way they do.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    This mutant magic stuff is starting to chafe on my reasoning... If mutant magic is to exist should it have a source? Have we been told it has a source? I mean we know the source of Stephen Stranges' magic and his assortment of counterparts and sidekicks, the source of Mutation, and the source of the Power Cosmic and its assortment of counterparts. What's the actual source of this mutant magic? Are we to assume that there is an X-Gene variant that controls mystic energy accordingly?
    That's in the book too, Apoph used the blood of mutants several times to enact his spells.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Question: Are the Arakki currently using the Resurrection Protocols to resurrect their dead or are they solely relying on White Sword's ability to do so?
    Do you read the books? They reject resurrection completely as they don't fear death.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    HA! That cracked me up. But seriously, I do wonder if she and Tarn had something going on the side... all those centuries apart from En Sabah Nur... hmm...
    We know that Isca and him did. It's crazy to see how much Genesis and her brood conquered her own people for funsies. They tortured and broke them for generations just to serve demons and keep the cycle of war going. This is nuts.