Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Tarn when resurrected by Genesis.

The way she was so startled when she learned he's dead. How about that same energy for everything you put your family through!
    HA! That cracked me up. But seriously, I do wonder if she and Tarn had something going on the side... all those centuries apart from En Sabah Nur... hmm...
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    I wonder what will happen when Nimrod and Orchis come knocking how will Genesis handle them?
    No, doubt Genesis would be destroyed. She would put up one HELL of a Fight though.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

He's her sister's boyfriend, so I guess he's family.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Ewing hasn't introduced Genesis' omega-level abilities so far, and maybe that's the key.
    I highly doubt that because you would be comparing her to Legion. And since Uranos blazed through the Great Ring I don't see Genesis doing any better like at all.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I highly doubt that because you would be comparing her to Legion. And since Uranos blazed through the Great Ring I don't see Genesis doing any better like at all.
    But the Legion is weak now, and he has been defeated by a stupid robot with only its fists. I think Uranos will be here soon, so let's see how it goes.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I liked this, I was really impressed by the quality of the dialogue and the portrayal of Apoc and Genesis’ complicated relationship and motivations. In a lot of ways, This Genesis War arc feels like a second attempt at what X of Swords should have been.
    Captured my thoughts perfectly!

I really hope the X-office realizes the gem they have with Ewing. We know that during Fall of X mutants are going to be scattered across the globe and they’ll eventually have to find a home again. My hope is that they find refuge on Mars, finally reuniting Krakoa and Arakko. Then Ewing can relaunch Uncanny X-Men and take his rightful place as flagship writer of the line. So far he’s been one of the few writers to actually be able to explore a mutant society and he’s the only one I trust to handle the upcoming cosmic threats like the Phalanx and Dominions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    You think so? I mean he did Fight Legion I don't think a Demonic Staff is going to subdue him.
    See that annihilation is very likely not a simple demon. It is very likely more than that. But also I believe she will fight him and subdue him because this issue made oje thing abundantly clear about genesis, she wont surrender until she is dead. And since we cant have a genesis war without genesis and I doubt ewing hopes to kill her off anytime soon. I'm sorry uranos, the plot armour that made him untouchable during AXE is about to wear off. I mean look it seems storm might become fugitive from the solicit of issue 15 it looks like storm is losing the war. And if storm loses, storm the main charachter the anime protagonist of the book loses, what chance does uranos have? Lol..

Also I think isca will come and she will join genesis side making the whole situation even more awkward for both storm and uranos.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Arakkii do not resurrect, they accept death.
    They accept death, but as miss ma'am is willing to sacrifice anything yo win, even morals.... yeah that code is going out the window. White sword was saved for a reason. That may be why ironfire will have to kill him because he is that much of a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    They accept death, but as miss ma'am is willing to sacrifice anything yo win, even morals.... yeah that code is going out the window. White sword was saved for a reason. That may be why ironfire will have to kill him because he is that much of a nuisance.
    It makes sense. She was willing to sacrifice everything to win the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I think so too. I still have a good feeling about Death. (that's a weird sentence)

Indeed and Marianna Stern. What do we know about her? That she's a psycho murderer, that's what.

She killed her own coven to make Morgan Le Fay happy and then joined Coven Akkaba.

Gleefully killed Pete Wisdom and used his mutant blood to hack a Krakoa gate.

And she put her magical hands on my Julio because she loves torturing mutants.

Her whole deal is sucking up to powerful beings to siphon off their magic and that's exactly what she's going to do with Genesis. She's a psychopath with glasses and a messy bun, the worst kind. She needs to be put down and I know just the mutant to do it while Storm deals with Genesis.
    God I hate that woman sooo much, when she appeared i was like TF?! who told you where they were?

Seems the Twilight Sword was forged by Annihilation in imitation of the White Sword? Annihilation is good at learning the strengths of an enemy and then defeating them. Just like it created the mutant hybrid demon, it's mean but smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    HA! That cracked me up. But seriously, I do wonder if she and Tarn had something going on the side... all those centuries apart from En Sabah Nur... hmm...
    Oof! Now that you say that, her reaction to hearing about Tarn's death seemed much more than just "oh no my sister's boyfriend is dead". That was perhaps the reaction of a secret lover.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    See that annihilation is very likely not a simple demon. It is very likely more than that. But also I believe she will fight him and subdue him because this issue made oje thing abundantly clear about genesis, she wont surrender until she is dead. And since we cant have a genesis war without genesis and I doubt ewing hopes to kill her off anytime soon. I'm sorry uranos, the plot armour that made him untouchable during AXE is about to wear off. I mean look it seems storm might become fugitive from the solicit of issue 15 it looks like storm is losing the war. And if storm loses, storm the main charachter the anime protagonist of the book loses, what chance does uranos have? Lol..

Also I think isca will come and she will join genesis side making the whole situation even more awkward for both storm and uranos.
    That is true Annihilation may not be a Simple Demon, but it can be resisted if you have a strong mind. Uranos is not some regular Eternal. He is by far THE most powerful of them. Annihilation is going to have a problem grabbing his mind. And If, Apocalypse was able to resist it I don't see why Uranos can't. It's also possible that we may not see Uranos until the end of this War. Sending him out early would ensure the Death of Genesis and we have no Story. I'm sorry Genesis just doesn't have the power to subdue Uranos even if she wanted to. I mean Al Ewing made it clear when he had the Great Ring fight him. Resisting Ora Serrata's Omega lvl powers and resist Xilo's Omega lvl powers as well.

If, Uranos is mind controlled then that would simply be because the Plot of the Story needs him to be. Which would be very contradicting....
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 06-28-2023 at 09:05 AM.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Oh! My Big Beauty-full Blue, what a Revelation you are.

Seems like the ultimate fight for the heart and soul of Arakko will be between o-:[A]:-o and Genesis. Can't wait for him to destroy her. (So he can finally be mine for ever and always)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I'm really happy we get actual new villains in this era.
    Also I love how it seems that Ewing is succeeding in mixing "new Apocalypse" with the villain we've always known.

(also love the sassy demon, obvi)