Default Omni-man VS Krillin

Omni-man decides to invade DBZ Earth to try and conquer it. There are no Saiyajins available at the moment because they're out in an all-you-can-eat contest in universe 6 or something. Piccolo is out sleeping/meditating like he always does. Android 18 went shopping and 17 is out doing park ranger things.

Earth calls forward its mightiest human warrior, Krillin, to stop the mustached foreigner.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Krillin is hard to scale. On the one hand, he's capable of fighting with people who are hell and gone beyond planet-busting, hits people who bust planets by accident and they more-or-less have to take him at least little seriously and he takes hits from planet-busters without exploding. He should, therefore, be so vastly beyond Omni-Man that it's not funny.

OTOH, he's Krillin.

More seriously, he famously goes long times without really training to his max level, preferring being a family man and police officer. We know that in DB-land, it's a use-it-or-lose-it world: not training causes a decline in combat power. And, of course, those planet-buster-plus threats referenced above ALL beat him, relatively easily in most cases.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

It says "DBZ" earth in the OP.

Does this mean that feats from Super are in or out? Has a very significant impact on Krillen as a character.

Based purely on his performances in Z, I would have hard time seeing Krillen being able to hurt Nolan.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 06-29-2023 at 11:04 AM.

DB Super Krillin.

Not sure how much more powerful he became

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    DB Super Krillin.

Not sure how much more powerful he became
    He got ambiguously powered up when he went on his whole "I need to show Goku I still got it," bit.

He also hung out in the Tournament of Power for a bit, including going up against a dude who was capable of fighting Android 18 so... based on that, Krillen should be somewhere in the region of Z-era Frieza given how powerful 18 was.

It's kind of screwy, there's no real explanation for it.

Did he hold he's own against a SSB goku?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Did he hold he's own against a SSB goku?
    Kind of, but that was a) sparring and b) to prove to the audience that it wasn't stoooopid having Krillin (or, hell, 18 herself) in a fight including SSB's and people more powerful still. Basically, Krillin wasn't going to do damage or anything, but used Solar Flare x100 or something to blind Goku. Genius Goku still not learning to close his eyes when someone makes the Solar Flare gesture.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

IIRC Tournament of Power had him skirmishing fine with a fox guy who briefly KO'd 18, which should give a pretty good indication of the general ballpark he's sitting in at this point. Given that I think Namek-era Krillin vs Omni-Man would still be a discussion, I think him being able to do anything at all in that situation pretty much settles it.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member

I question whether Krillin has the speed to hang with Omni-Man in the Namek saga