Incredible Member

Default Superior Spider-Man vs Gotham City

Assume that the Superior Spider-Man (aka Doc Ock in Spider-Man's body) is charged with defending Gotham City and bringing crime down. He has amassed all the same resources he amassed for defending New York during his run and must now keep Gotham's usual rogues at bay as well.

Can he do it?

An army of minions and robots monitoring the city and generally supergenius cheating his way through problems while basically treating the law as a joke to manipulate? Sure. That hits pretty much the majority of my checklist for "to actually either hold at bay or better yet go beyond that to significantly dent Gotham's existing crime, you would need to do this". Guy can bring crime in Gotham down just fine.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 09-06-2014 at 11:55 PM.

I guess he should do pretty well, though Freeze, Ivy and Clayface may be enough to give him some trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I guess he should do pretty well, though Freeze, Ivy and Clayface may be enough to give him some trouble.
    vs robot army+his own capacity? Ehhhh, that's too much gun for them. Not hard for him to whip something up to counter Freeze and Clayface besides.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

he will do pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    treating the law as a joke to manipulate?
    To be fair; it was already a joke to begin with
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    To be fair; it was already a joke to begin with
    Yes, but he's inclined to play along with that/blackmail people by it, if his tenure as Spiderman is any indication.

Yea Doc Oc spidey should be fine, he was quite impressive with creating all sorts of gadgets to screw with super powered people(did this alot more then Peter). I believe he also managed to capture the entire sinister six ,including Clay face his big daddy the sandman, and Electro. and even mind controlling them to fight for him, creating the Superior Six.

It was kind of silly how Norman Osborn was able to (in my opnion) undermine the guy so easily by hacking into one of his spider-bots. Sure Norman is a genius in his own right, but i perceive Doc Ock to be on a higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Yea Doc Oc spidey should be fine, he was quite impressive with creating all sorts of gadgets to screw with super powered people(did this alot more then Peter). I believe he also managed to capture the entire sinister six ,including Clay face his big daddy the sandman, and Electro. and even mind controlling them to fight for him, creating the Superior Six.

It was kind of silly how Norman Osborn was able to (in my opnion) undermine the guy so easily by hacking into one of his spider-bots. Sure Norman is a genius in his own right, but i perceive Doc Ock to be on a higher level.
    That felt, after all that buildup, like a big ol pile of jobbing at the end, yeah. The whole "you were too busy focusing on the big picture to notice" was kinda thin.