View Poll Results: When is it?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • We've got just a few years, chief. Time to fiddle!

3 8.33%
  • 10-15 years. Ain't no Marvel Comics in the cyberpunk of 2049

14 38.89%
  • +-2061. Gotta have that 100 years anniversary

7 19.44%
  • 2099. Our kids get to watch the last cartoonist get launched into orbit

3 8.33%
  • beyond all that. we're closer to 1961 than we are to the end point. Excellsior!

9 25.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I don't think it will ever end, the only thing that may end is physical copies and Disney might move it to all digital.

I'm also willing to bet that Disney may move a lot of it to A.I. driven bullshit and just keep the top earners to feed the machine.

The corporate superhero base is shrinking no doubt, but it'll always be in the background because it will funnel ideas to the movies, shows, and games.

Like, 20 minutes maybe?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I don't think it will ever end, the only thing that may end is physical copies and Disney might move it to all digital.

I'm also willing to bet that Disney may move a lot of it to A.I. driven bullshit and just keep the top earners to feed the machine.

The corporate superhero base is shrinking no doubt, but it'll always be in the background because it will funnel ideas to the movies, shows, and games.
    A lot of comics feel so cookie cutter that honestly you couldn't tell the difference between that and AI

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    A lot of comics feel so cookie cutter that honestly you couldn't tell the difference between that and AI
    exactly, only certain writers still have a unique voice

Marvel isn't going to stop publishing comics anytime soon. I have seen people talking about "dwindling sales" and how it is the start of the end of Marvel for years now.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

You know I think that in the next 10ish years, Marvel is going to try to reboot the universe DC style. Will it really work? Probally not
    Yeah, just casually erase characters we're attached to and their decades worth of stories, and by erase, I mean literally canonically replace them and their universe with another timeline. DC style reboots are so LAME.

An Ultimate style reboot on the other hand, where it would just be a different universe, could work.
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 06-29-2023 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    Ah ok... never mind about the floating timeline. By 15 years... I meant 15 years for us. ie: if the first issue is released in 2023, the last issue would be released in 2038. Maybe that's too long. Maybe 5 or 10 years? How long passes in-story doesn't matter.

Then their story ends in 6 months. The idea is that the writers have 15 years to finish the story.
    Why is 15 years the magic number?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Why is 15 years the magic number?
    Just an arbitrary choice.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    Why would you create a new character in the last chapter of your final novel? The idea is that the authors are treating this 15 year arc's as self contained stories.
    Because it make no sense to have the same writer still on board if you're rebooting the property. If Frank Schemdlap see this as his only opportunity to write Spider-man before the reboot, he's probabaly going to want to use the character he thought up while he still has time.

Why would any writer/artist give their best ideas for new characters and stuff to the big two these days?
    Self publishing is both hard and expensive with no guarantee that your character will ever take off.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Under those circumstances, would they care about the standard Marvel Universe?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Under those circumstances, would they care about the standard Marvel Universe?
    I mean do they care now? The MU is changing to fit other media and it's been happening for a while now.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post

This mainly benefits Disney as it would give them an even stronger foothold in international publishing and more properties to work with in television and on film.
    It was obvious you were kissing Mickey Mouse's backside from page 1.

These Japanese properties already enjoy the relationship they have with Western content producers.

If a Western company like Disney and Warner Bros. brought one of the major manga publishers it would greatly affect the hobby in Japan.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Because it make no sense to have the same writer still on board if you're rebooting the property. If Frank Schemdlap see this as his only opportunity to write Spider-man before the reboot, he's probabaly going to want to use the character he thought up while he still has time.
    Bit puzzled... are you guys saying if a writer comes up with a character... he puts it into whatever comic he's working on... whether or not it makes sense within the story?

I don't think it will end any time soon. Disney isn't going to let their I.P die. More importantly, shouldn't this discussion be in the general Marvel forum as opposed to the Spider-Man one?
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

It totally should. Can a moderator move the thread please?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubauba01 View Post
    Yeah, just casually erase characters we're attached to and their decades worth of stories, and by erase, I mean literally canonically replace them and their universe with another timeline. DC style reboots are so LAME.

An Ultimate style reboot on the other hand, where it would just be a different universe, could work.
    That's what New 52 should've been. An Elseworld, not a reboot that they ended up rolling back on four years later.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman