Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Default Buffy Summers vs a T-800

Both are unarmed. Can Buffy beat a Terminator?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

In the Arena? It would be pretty improbable.

In a scenario where the T-800 is killing all the "Buffy Summers" in the greater SoCal region and has made its way to Sunnyvale, it becomes much more probable. After all, Sarah Connor beat it, and she wasn't even an action movie hero before that.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    In the Arena? It would be pretty improbable.

In a scenario where the T-800 is killing all the "Buffy Summers" in the greater SoCal region and has made its way to Sunnyvale, it becomes much more probable. After all, Sarah Connor beat it, and she wasn't even an action movie hero before that.
    She needed a ton of heavy machinery and what not to damage, and then destroy it.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    She needed a ton of heavy machinery and what not to damage, and then destroy it.
    Well yeah, but Buffy could kite it to a steel mill as well as Sarah did. Aside from the respective shows' budgets
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Can she? I'd say her best strength feats put her in a range where she can do some kind of damage even if it's not a lot. She's also faster than a T-800, and definitely comes off as being more skilled than your basic model. T-800s are generally not called upon to fight things that can even hurt them (they're not even really supposed to. They're infiltration units), so skill is not so much a thing for them aside a general machine efficiency. So he's not likely to stop Buffy from hitting him whenever she wants and probably isn't going to be landing a lot on her, at least at first. And it's not strong enough that it's going to easily take her down with blunt force either, though any hits it lands will definitely hurt.

While she probably can do some physical harm, it's not gonna be a lot, so winning for her probably looks like gradually digging out something actually vital without getting hit too much. T-800s can eat damage for breakfast, but their vitals aren't *totally* secured, as we've seen at various times. T-1000 was able to disable one with a well aimed spear-thrust, and he's not as strong as various things that have failed to do more generalized damage.

So she probably *can* beat one, but the actual fight is a marathon of can she get to something important before she starts getting tired. She's held out against things way way stronger than a T-800, so I think she can at least take a few matches. Probably gonna have to like, physically rupture and tear off skin though.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 06-30-2023 at 07:21 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Mighty Member

She might be able to snag a leg and then just slam its dome against the wall repeatedly until it loses functionality. We saw in T2 that repeatedly hitting it in the face with something hard can mess it up to the point where it isn't really fighting back. The way she casually totes around a steel girder should mean it's weight won't trouble her. It would also place her pretty safely out of reach of its attacks.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I am not completely against Buffy winning some of these, given her own demonstrated strength and blunt damage soak. And skill. And speed. And some people have made good points about what she COULD do, even in the arena.

Basically, the T-800 entire game plan hinges on 'Buffy gets tired before it gets busted up', and that is not a great game plan against someone who actually has the potential to cause it damage.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

It's a little weird, because I think most of the enemies that Buffy has actual trouble with and has to spend a long time fighting are considerably stronger than a T-800's feats, coupled with being better, faster fighters. Damage soak is really the *only* thing a T-800 has going for it here.

For example, the first Uber vamp came off as being a fair bit stronger than her, and she put up with an extended slugfest with it, including about 15-20 seconds of it directly strangling her and failing to close off her windpipe enough to stop her breathing. I suspect Buffy is outright stronger than a T-800, but I certainly can't think of any feats that would put a T-800's strength above hers (T-850 comes off stronger, but that's a T-850 and at the very least, has a better battery), so I don't think this is a situation where Buffy just needs to make one or two mistakes so he can get his hands on her. I think Buffy probably outgrapples a T-800 at least enough to break its grip. I think this is like, the T-800 needs Buffy pretty much completely exhausted before it has a chance at scoring the win.

So no matter who wins, it's going to take a tremendous beatdown before one of them does. Either Buffy is on her last gasp and being repeatedly pummelled and mangled, or the T-800 has half its metallic entrails dragged out of its body after having the flesh torn away by Buffy's fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    It's a little weird, because I think most of the enemies that Buffy has actual trouble with and has to spend a long time fighting are considerably stronger than a T-800's feats, coupled with being better, faster fighters. Damage soak is really the *only* thing a T-800 has going for it here.

For example, the first Uber vamp came off as being a fair bit stronger than her, and she put up with an extended slugfest with it, including about 15-20 seconds of it directly strangling her and failing to close off her windpipe enough to stop her breathing. I suspect Buffy is outright stronger than a T-800, but I certainly can't think of any feats that would put a T-800's strength above hers (T-850 comes off stronger, but that's a T-850 and at the very least, has a better battery), so I don't think this is a situation where Buffy just needs to make one or two mistakes so he can get his hands on her. I think Buffy probably outgrapples a T-800 at least enough to break its grip. I think this is like, the T-800 needs Buffy pretty much completely exhausted before it has a chance at scoring the win.

So no matter who wins, it's going to take a tremendous beatdown before one of them does. Either Buffy is on her last gasp and being repeatedly pummelled and mangled, or the T-800 has half its metallic entrails dragged out of its body after having the flesh torn away by Buffy's fingers.
    Rip And Tear, Buffy! Until It Is Done!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

Buffy has bent steel in her bare hands! Is she fast enough (yes) to get behind it and unscrew its head - do feats indicate that. T-800s do take physical damage.

She can do it but has to make sure she doesn’t get grabbed. Things go badly for her if that happens.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Same question as I asked in the last T-800 centric thread:

Just a thought.

Does the T-800 get feats from Genisys and Dark Fate grandfathered in? It's all meant to be the same T-800 model between all films? I notice OP specifies that it's the first film only but just wondering in a larger context?

Like, this fight versus the T-3000 from Genisys gives him a some pretty wild strength feats.

Thoughts?
    I think with the strength feats shown here he gets a bit beyond Buffy's paygrade.

I feel like Dark Fate could be fair, but they are notably different bots and different *characters*, albeit ostensibly the same model of machine. As far as stats go, on one hand, it shouldn't matter realistically, but on the other, I feel like it does matter if their feats aren't necessarily consistent, because there are conceivably differences, especially since the other two have become a lot more "human" and are possibly accomplishing things their design specs shouldn't allow, which doesn't make sense in reality, but this isn't reality and that is a very common trope that, while not necessarily outright stated, I think is on display with the "good" T-800s. Then again, even two different cars of the same model off the same assembly line won't *necessarily* give the same performance. I never saw Genesys, so I can't speak to it much, but just working from memory... I don't *think* I recall anything in Dark Fate that would change my own assumptions much.

for "combat skills," I think they're right out as a source of feats, since both have been around and learning for a long time. I'd bring up the T2 deleted scene (which yes, is a deleted scene, so ymmv) where they disable the learning-block on Arnie, but I think the thread being just "a" T-800 suggests a base model anyway.

That said, I mean, I don't think there's any issue with just answering based on different fundamental assumptions. Just looking at that one scene, "Pops" looks stronger, albeit still somewhat ponderous. I'm literally *just* looking at that scene, so I don't know what else happens in the movie, but it would at least be worse for Buffy when/if he started landing hits.

How strong are we rating Adam over a t-800? i kinda forgot most of it's feats, aside from it dominating buffy most of the time.
    I guess we can say adam is faster than a terminator, but what about his strenght?

In a scenario, Buffy should win easily, even if the terminator has guns or not. she is perfectly capable of aim dodging him and getting her hands on something big and start smacking it. that's my only gripe with the arena fight, i don't see her tearing off chunks of metal of the t-800, and i wouldnt be suprised if she would hurt her hands after awhile. I feel the terminator is stronger, and more durable, combat and speed goes to buffy. If the t-800 manages to grab her at one point and bearhugs her, can she overpower him?

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    Both are unarmed. Can Buffy beat a Terminator?
    If we are talking about the last season after she first touched the scythe/ axe, probably. Not WITH the scythe but just the seeming powerup.

Standard Buffy would probably six or seven out of ten. She's way faster, especially since she seems way faster than a decent speed human and the T-800 seems way slower than a decent speed human. She should be able to keep hitting vulnerable points while avoiding it's strikes. She probably takes out a knee connecting upper to lower leg. Now it's even slower and she picks it apart. The three or four wins for the T-800 are if it gets lucky and clips her a good one, stunning her and then grappling.
    Power with Girl is better.