View Poll Results: Hippolyta: Blonde or Brunette? What do you prefer?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blonde

9 25.71%
  • Brunette

26 74.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Hippolyta: Blonde or Brunette? What do you prefer?

I noticed there wasn't a thread about this, so I wanted to ask here what people prefer on this forum

The Queen of the Amazons already had both hair colors in different versions, and I feel that every time, with each different version, with each universe or adaptation, she alternates her hair color, but which color do you prefer for her?

Last edited by Lucas 35; 06-30-2023 at 03:25 PM.

Brunette for pretty much aligning with all the good versions of Hippolyta and that was her original color.

Blonde has the three strikes of Silver Age, Daddy Zeus correlation, and lazy artists.

i like the idea of using blond hair to make her stand out more from Diana. That said, i just dont think its a good fit

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I dont know. I dont mind blonde since I pretty much grew up with blonde hippolyta in the JL animated series but I do agree that brunette has had better adventures.

I guess id do brunette.

I love them both, although it has been quite a lonnnng time since I saw the blonde one.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Blonde, though she seldom gets good appearances to coincide with it. I was first introduced to Hippolyta through the DCAU (not so great). The first WW related comics I ever read were the George Perez NTT arc where Donna, Starfire and Raven teamed up with the Amazons (great- loved her white/silver armor too).

So for me, that's why Hippolyta is blonde and Donna needs to be present as Diana's adopted younger sister with a simple origin. Perez and Jimenez draw an amazing brunette Hippolyta, but without them she tends to look too similar to Diana. Abd it gets worse if Donna is in the mix as another brunette.

Blonde Hippolyta is a sneaky piece of work you have to watch. She's the lying, scheming, baby trading, adulteress.

They're different women, different characters, different universes.

Brunette E2 Hippolyte.... Love
    Blonde E2 Hippolyta... The one I grew up with. Love her, but she had some issues.
    Brunette Post Crisis Hippolyte. Of course love her, but avoiding or denying certain poor writing decisions....lol

Blonde E52 Hippolyta... Adultering, baby abandoning, man hating.... I was excited to see blonde Hippolyta at first, and then all went to hell with the rest of that disaster , continuity, and horrible storyline. May she forever be over on E52...

I only know the blonde Hippe OG E-2.

I have not read/seen the Blonde E-52 one, who sounds totally different from the OG Blonde one.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Blonde Hippolyta is a sneaky piece of work you have to watch. She's the lying, scheming, baby trading, adulteress.
    You’re funny af lmfao

Brunette. Blonde just seems to be the writers way of implying that she has a father and most blonde versions have been kind of skeevy.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Didn't brunette Hippolyta manipulate the contest so Artemis would die and Diana would live?

Given the low opinion on her being blonde, would y'all say that brunette Hippolyta from Justice League Action is blonde in spirit? .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Didn't brunette Hippolyta manipulate the contest so Artemis would die and Diana would live?
    Yes she did, but she didn't sanction rape and murder to bolster the Amazon's numbers or trade away boy children for weapons.

Brunette. It makes more sense and, like most elements with me, I like original setup the best. Though I will give a nod to Colan for making me not mind terribly the blonde version.