View Poll Results: Hippolyta: Blonde or Brunette? What do you prefer?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blonde

9 25.71%
  • Brunette

26 74.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I was re-watching Justice League and saw that Hippolyta was BLONDE! My brain has black as the default because she was Wonder Woman for a while in the JLA.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

I feel that some people are feeling a little unfair with the blonde versions of her, she has several versions, as well as the Blonde who was the Nubia's mother and Donna's mother in the comics

And here on the wiki, there are several versions of her on this list, I don't think there are all of them, but looking at all the universes and versions, what do people think?

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Hippolyta

Blonde Hippolyta delenda est.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I was re-watching Justice League and saw that Hippolyta was BLONDE! My brain has black as the default because she was Wonder Woman for a while in the JLA.
    my brain remembered it as medium brown.. but nope.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I feel that some people are feeling a little unfair with the blonde versions of her, she has several versions, as well as the Blonde who was the Nubia's mother and Donna's mother in the comics

And here on the wiki, there are several versions of her on this list, I don't think there are all of them, but looking at all the universes and versions, what do people think?

Blonde Hippolyta also had Diana through the clay birth in Legend of Wonder Woman, and canonically she sculpted Diana and Nubia in Bronze Age Earth-1. So while she has the rotten luck of being the version saddled with baby daddies, it's also not fair to define her that way across the board.

Plus as much as we all may hate it....brunette Hippolyta in Rebirth slept with Zeus and kept Jason's existence a secret

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Blonde Hippolyta also had Diana through the clay birth in Legend of Wonder Woman, and canonically she sculpted Diana and Nubia in Bronze Age Earth-1. So while she has the rotten luck of being the version saddled with baby daddies, it's also not fair to define her that way across the board.

Plus as much as we all may hate it....brunette Hippolyta in Rebirth slept with Zeus and kept Jason's existence a secret
    I don't feel like that counts and anyway she gave him a magic spear he didn't need and he called it Polly. So it turns out she was a decent mother after all. It's in the category of stuff I willfully ignore.

I voted brunette. Aesthetically I prefer Hippolyta with darker hair that more closely matches that of her daughters Diana, Nubia, and (in some continues) Donna.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Retired

I prefer the raven-haired Hippolyte. However, I can deal with the blonde Hippolyta as the same person.

A woman should be allowed to change her hair colour. It seems silly that she's stuck with the same look for over 3000 years. I just assume she originally had the dark hair, but over time she's tried out different treatments (using natural herbs) to alter her hair colour.

Hippolyte and Hippolyta are actually the same name in Ancient Greek-- Ἱππολύτη. It's simply a matter of transliteration. Sometimes the Greek letter η is transcribed as a and sometimes as e. I prefer Hippolyte because it looks cooler.

Although why Amazons should have Greek names, I don't know. They're not from Greece originally. Maybe Hippolyte is her slave name and she had another name prior to being taken into slavery.

What book are these panels from, please?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    What book are these panels from, please?
    DIANA AND NUBIA: PRINCESSES OF THE AMAZONS

https://www.dc.com/blog/2022/11/14/d...finding-family

DIANA AND NUBIA: PRINCESSES OF THE AMAZONS

https://www.dc.com/blog/2022/11/14/d...finding-family

Thank you!
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Incredible Member
    Last edited by gwhh; 07-08-2023 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Raven haired Hippolyta would have rescued herself. She's been a Justice Society and Justice League member in her own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I only know the blonde Hippe OG E-2.

I have not read/seen the Blonde E-52 one, who sounds totally different from the OG Blonde one.
    Earrh 1....