Amazing Member

Default Lightray vs. Orion?

With some minor nods towards this thread. Does Orion stand a chance under Khazan rules, or have comics lied to us again?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    With some minor nods towards this thread. Does Orion stand a chance under Khazan rules, or have comics lied to us again?
    Orion should crush Lightray. He is supposed to be the one who finishes Dakseid. Lightray wouldn't stand a chance in that fight.

I'm using post crisis since I have no idea how the Nu versions are. Lightray is FTL while Orion is a bullet timer. That alone gives Lightray a huge advantage. He can also create stars out of nothing so he beats Orion pretty handily.

Astonishing Member

They've actually fought; Lightray was evil/insane, Orion was reluctant to fight, and Lightray still stood no chance. He's never stood a chance against Orion, or Orion's level of power. Kalibak destroyed him, too.

Yes, Lightray is powerful, but Orion is in a completely different league

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    They've actually fought; Lightray was evil/insane, Orion was reluctant to fight, and Lightray still stood no chance. He's never stood a chance against Orion, or Orion's level of power. Kalibak destroyed him, too.

Yes, Lightray is powerful, but Orion is in a completely different league
    Going by feats Lightray destroys Orion. When they fought Lightray never used his speed or his star creating powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Going by feats Lightray destroys Orion. When they fought Lightray never used his speed or his star creating powers.
    He used his speed. I don't recall post crisis Lightray creating stars though. When did he do it?

BANNED

I thought Takion created stars, but I suppose Lightray could as well. I agree Orion is far superior to him when it comes to strength and durability, plus the astro force is potent. If Lightray has any measure of decent super speed yeah he can blitz, so it depends on his offensive output. If he can create stars(quickly) then he should have enough power to finish Orion before he does much of anything.