Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Ed Brisson interview with Alpha Flight Unlettered Preview Pages

Former Comrades Clash in Ed Brisson’s Alpha Flight
    Ed Brisson talks about his Alpha Flight mini-series where the events of Fall of X split the titular team into two warring factions.

https://www.cbr.com/alpha-flight-ed-brisson-interview/

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Oh wow.

CBR: Alpha Flight launches out of the aftermath of Fall of X -- an event that is still wrapped in secrecy. What can you tell us about the climate in Canada's political and superhero circles when this series begins?

Ed Brisson: In Alpha Flight, or I guess, in Canada, the government has sided with Orchis and have banned mutants. There are a multitude of reasons that will be playing out across all of the Fall of X books. There's a deadline for mutants to be gone to Arakko or wherever they need to go that isn't Canada, and once that deadline has passed, any mutant found on Canadian soil will be arrested. It's an ugly stance and not without its detractors, but there are those who believe it's for the best of the country.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I can't wait for Orchis to drop the Bomb and Turn on the Countries that are siding with Orchis and lock up those Countries Super-Heroes. And I can't wait to see the Humans faces when Nimrod turns on the Humans.

Also, does that mean Super-Villains are going to get targeted too??
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Oh wow.

CBR: Alpha Flight launches out of the aftermath of Fall of X -- an event that is still wrapped in secrecy. What can you tell us about the climate in Canada's political and superhero circles when this series begins?

Ed Brisson: In Alpha Flight, or I guess, in Canada, the government has sided with Orchis and have banned mutants. There are a multitude of reasons that will be playing out across all of the Fall of X books. There's a deadline for mutants to be gone to Arakko or wherever they need to go that isn't Canada, and once that deadline has passed, any mutant found on Canadian soil will be arrested. It's an ugly stance and not without its detractors, but there are those who believe it's for the best of the country.
    Trudeau, what are you doing!?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The only FoX book I was interested in and that's because I love and miss AF immensely but...the forced repeat narrative I just cannot deal with. I truly wanted this era to be different, better. To not tread the same cliche tropes as those before it but they insist on devolving into the same shit over and over and over again.

Yes "they fight for a world that fears and hates them" but is that the only fucking story writers today can tell? Because that's not the only fucking story you can tell with the X-franchise. (It's not even original).

I'm glad the artist improved his initial concept design for Narya's headpiece closer to what it should look like.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mutants good, human evil...this binary is getting out of hand.

What kind of character assassination is this for all non-mutant Alpha Flight members? How can you ever redeem siding with the government AGAINST mutants?!?!?!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

What kind of character assassination is this for all non-mutant Alpha Flight members? How can you ever redeem siding with the government AGAINST mutants?!?!?!
    Oh, easy. Throw them in Jail right with the Mutants. LOL
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Oh wow.

Sounds like arakko is going to get crowded soon
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Tbh the Canadian government is actually based for once. Arakko would be a much better place to life than the planet's frozen armpit.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Oh wow.

Interesting. I wonder what other countries will take the same position? I figure the UK at least might.

I have high hopes for this mini. Scott's art is always a treat and when Brisson is good, he can be really good. I liked almost everything he wrote for the X-office except for his terrible New Mutants run.

Its so nice that Northstar feels like he actually graduated out of Alpha Flight and is more affiliated with X-Men.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Sounds like arakko is going to get crowded soon
    This made me realize that Arakko is probably pretty empty. The latest X-Men Red said that half the Arakkii left Mars and became mercenaries out in space to begin with. Then Uranos killed something like a million of the ones who stayed. That's more than Earth's total mutant population. So even if they all evacuate there, Arakko will still have a much, much smaller population than it did when it first arrived on Earth.

This is like fourth time Alpha Flight has done something like this! This happens to them all the time!

Marvel Canada has always been evil, have people forgotten?

Ultimate Member

It makes little sense for Mac and Puck, both of whom have pushed back against govt overreach before, and utterly out of character for Snowbird, who cares *nothing* for mortal government, or Shaman, who knows darn well how the govt mistreats minorities like his own first nations people, and that it's only a fluke that magical / supernatural / occult / pagan characters like himself and Snowbird haven't been targeted *long* before mutants.

It seems like every appearance of this team in the last decade or so has been to crap all over them. Last time it was Heather and Persuasion that got the villain-turn. Now it's Mac, Puck, Shaman and Snowbird? Bah.

Astonishing Member

I'm calling it now, Flex is the deep cut character who joined in the late 90s, which is also part of why Fang's on the team. (Pretty much the only reason anyone would ever bring Adrian back to prominence would be to finally confirm that he's one of Logan's kids, and he and Akihiro are half-brothers).